Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I don't understand how people get out of ELO hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ggYamenai

03-30-2011

I play ranked games on the weekend, with a partner. Both him and I are 1800+ material, we place wards, pick what the team needs, don't feed, 9/10 have the highest cs out of everyone in the entire game, but it just makes no sense. If I get a good team, the other team is full of 2000 smurfs who are hyper organized and roll the **** out of us, but more often than not I just have 3 ******s on my team, and my partner and I cannot carry them hard enough.

What would you guys honestly suggest? I mean, really? I try so hard to become excellent at this game, study streams, analyze gameplay, but nothing i do works, I'm being held back and its beyond annoying. What would any of you suggest?

Deaff

03-30-2011

Step up, and control the whole team.

ggYamenai

03-30-2011

Quote:
Deaff:

Dude, we try, all we get is. " haha i go like your mum huehuehuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheue" nobody listens to us.

Brisktea

Recruiter

03-30-2011

You F'ing report them, and hope to never see them ever again.

And when giving commands or trying to control a team, use more passive phrases, that might not be able to be retorted with a your mom, your face, etc.

iono maybe, *Ping "Gank thisperson" and don't talk to them unless it's in-game related? dont let them know anything about how you talk towards them, just be a robot ;p

Don't tell them how to play, that triggers emotions

Tasty Cookies

03-30-2011

Quote:
Laddergoat109:
...Both him and I are 1800+ material, we place wards, pick what the team needs, don't feed, 9/10 have the highest cs out of everyone in the entire game, but it just makes no sense. If I get a good team, the other team is full of 2000 smurfs...

Whoa, wait a second. Have you hit 1800+ before? Moreover, how can you say who is smurfing and who is not? Maybe ranked games are just a lot more intense than you expect?

Anyway, as stated above - try to help your teammates out. Use language that won't provoke emotions, criticize constructively, and positively reinforce good coordination.

w4cky

Recruiter

03-30-2011

The reason I cant get out is because out of the 3 ranked games I played I had a leaver in each game. FML
This game pisses me off now to no end

Burningblades

03-31-2011

there are only about 100 accounts over 2k Elo and alot of them are the same people on different accounts, I find Duo Que is a bad way to raise your Elo really match making just gives you worse teams to make up for the fact you got a partner. You might wanna reanalyze how victory is obtained if you really can't win games. Its not always about kills its about getting stronger then the other team and this means buying items wising and making sure your dropping other teams towers and getting dragon and baron. 1 dragon kill is like 3+ hero kills.

ggYamenai

03-31-2011

Quote:
Burningblades:
there are only about 100 accounts over 2k Elo and alot of them are the same people on different accounts, I find Duo Que is a bad way to raise your Elo really match making just gives you worse teams to make up for the fact you got a partner. You might wanna reanalyze how victory is obtained if you really can't win games. Its not always about kills its about getting stronger then the other team and this means buying items wising and making sure your dropping other teams towers and getting dragon and baron. 1 dragon kill is like 3+ hero kills.

Guys, my friend and I are not ******s, we are higher than mediocre at this game, WE UNDERSTAND that fights should be at dragon, ect.... but people just don't realize the concept of the game. IE. If im playing a ranged carry and im pushing top, id expect my teamates to be in another lane and pushing in order to atleast keep 4 of the opponents team out of my way to come and gank, its a simple theory but nobody understands it. Instead, they will go farm jungle or ****ing recall at full health, just plain stupidity, thats just one example thats not what im complaining about, im complaining about the general lack of intelligence on the majority of the people on my team.

Benefits

03-31-2011

Quote:
Deaff:

That doesnt work considering how baaaad some of the players are that get dropped into my elo. I say things like "Dont put two top, put two bottom. We can control the dragon fight better" and they just troll the **** out of me.

Stolifiend

03-31-2011

dont play on weekends. dead serious on that