Trundle...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkerStix

03-29-2011

So I bought Trundle today and I jungled for the first time ever. It went ok. I did decent in my first normal game and fantastic in my second. Then my buddy wanted to play ranked and...I kinda got forced to jungle D:. I didn't want to, but we needed a jungler. I didn't do tooooo terrible. I got ganked twice and went like 6-8-6 or something like that. It didn't really matter though, our whole team got steamrolled. Their Kat got 17 kills.

My question is coming I promise. Is the jungle route in the champ spotlight the best way to go? Big wolf, then blue, the little wolves, then wraiths, then red, then golems? Or is there a better route?

I went golems, wraiths, wolves, then blue D:. I didn't know what I was doing tbh lol. I'm working on my rune page so it's all good.

BrotherCaine

03-29-2011

You can start on blue, even without smite, if you're daring. (you want flat attack dmg runes over armour pen, it funnels into his Q). Do take smite though, i'm just saying it can be done without.

As your team abandons guarding you to go lane you need to watch to see if the enemy shows up in their lanes... if all 4 show up, Do blue. If some are missing do small golems.

Valhirien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

I don't really know how strong jungler is he, but if you're not starting at blue and can afford a ward, you should put it on the path leading to blue. It helps your solo laner (if your nexus is the bottom one) and allows you to see if the enemy is trying to steal your buff.

bloodspot88

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2NASLSledge View Post
Is the jungle route in the champ spotlight the best way to go? Big wolf, then blue, the little wolves, then wraiths, then red, then golems? Or is there a better route?

I went golems, wraiths, wolves, then blue D:. I didn't know what I was doing tbh lol. I'm working on my rune page so it's all good.
Stonewall008 is a pretty good jungler, and he's pretty **** about the jungle (what champs excel at jungling, which ones don't, when to counter jungle, when to gank, etc). I suggest you check out these two videos-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNy3lMonjU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvApbh-CKg

and, in case you don't have the necessary runes (all junglers should have yellow armor runes, and trundle really needs the attck dmg runes for his q to work as best as possible early on) here's a third one for people w/o IP or many runes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5BWTbXVPLA

Hope it helps.

DarkerStix

03-29-2011

That helps a lot actually. Thanks! I'm gonna try vamp scepter first for a few games and see how it goes.

Gunflame

03-29-2011

*sigh* so many misconceptions, so I'll advice you abit:

- Stonewall routes are the fastest but they dont have anything to do with mid/late game consistency specially in ranked. For example he starts with vampiric scepter in minigolems. What happens if a WW shows up to smite kill your golem? what do you do next?

- Stonewalls are a GREAT starting point... focus on STARTING point... they are good if you have no clue what you are doing, or if you just want to put your current build into perspective... THEY ARE NOT A BIBLE that must be followed regardless of everything else.

- Trundle = top tier jungler

- I share my jungle Trundle runes with jungle renek and jungle rammus. You should always think of your whole pool of champions before you buy runes unless you are like me that have over 2000 games and more than enough IP (I still think of what runes I will use before I buy them).
* Yellow and Quints Flat armor
* Blue MR/lvl (can be anything, like CDR flat)
* Red all armor penetration.

- Safest way is cloth armor+5 pots. Why? Allows you to get madred's earlier (insanely good proc). It allows you to heal on the run if you get ganked. Also more armor means less damage in case you get ganked by a melee champion. I usually have 1-2 pots left by the time I hit lvl 4 with double buffs and ready to gank.

- It is recommended to start at golem so the enemy team doesn't steal it from you. Though starting at wraiths/small golems, or enemy wraiths/smalls golems is not a bad idea (once you understand jungling better)

- Attack damage runes are NOT necesarry Trundle. If you start with armor pen you get more mid game/gank damage. Also Bite is PHYSICAL... meaning ARMOR PENETRATION INCREASES ITS DAMAGE.

- NEVER EVER EVER EVER jungle without smite. Not a good idea

- Get someone to "leash" golem. What does this mean? the person will attack golem ONCE and RUN AWAY. Why is this good? you get to hit golem several times (about 150-200 damage) before he even touches you... You are probably saving 100-200 worth of damage doing this.

Marzix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-29-2011

I have been playing trundle a lot in the jungle lately, but an opportunity to gank never comes about. At level 4 I either have madreds razors or cloth armor + boots, but I don't like getting boots. Either the 2v1 is getting pushed and they have double disable or flash/ghosts making them impossible to gank unless the 1 person has a stun with good burst. When I get level 4, they are usually level close to level 5 and my teammate is usually at the turret with no health/mana. Going mid is NEVER a good idea because my teammate is either pushing and doesn't need the gank or the other mid is level 5 or most likely 6 and can easily escape. I don't know what it is, but I level so slow whenever i jungle (Trundle is the only champ I do since I don't care for any of the other junglers.)

I always start big wolf, golem (golem minions), rest of wolves, mini golems, lizard (minions) and I usually have to teleport back to town (with about 500g) or sometimes I can go kill the banshees (teleport with 600g). Then I go kill banshees if I didn't get them before or wolves - golem - banshees - teleport get madreds. I'm level 4, maybe 5 now, every other lane is 5-7, my buffs are gone, waiting for wolves to respawn or I go fill in for one of the solos for a bit while they heal.

I have ArPen quints/reds, yellow (dodge/armor, in process of changing them all to armor) blue MR/level. I am usually 12/18/0 in my masteries.

I just don't see Trundle as much of a ganker like some others like WW, Nunu, Amumu, Rammus, Renekton who all have good abilities to gank well on their own. Trundle needs a good person on your team to even THINK about getting a gank, but for the ability to have 2 solo lanes, it's worth it though.

Gunflame

03-30-2011

Trundle can gank WAY better than Warwick before lvl 6. He is not the best (nunu, rammus, evelynn and renek are better), but he is still a good ganker.. After lvl 6 he gets a nuke... while not as powerful as WW ultimate's it does lower magic resist/armor of the oponent and it heals you, so it is still a good nuke.

Trundle ganks are usually made to make your oponent retreat, usually they don't get you a kill but it does force them to use their summoner spells to run away. By forcing them to use tehir summoner spells and retreating your ally will have an easier time farming the lane and you can always comeback later for a second (more sucessful) gank.

I usually gank after lvl 4... but if I see a really good opening I'll level pillar early (around lvl 2 or lvl 3) and go for the kill.

bloodspot88

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post

- Stonewalls are a GREAT starting point... focus on STARTING point... they are good if you have no clue what you are doing, or if you just want to put your current build into perspective... THEY ARE NOT A BIBLE that must be followed regardless of everything else.

- NEVER EVER EVER EVER jungle without smite. Not a good idea

- Get someone to "leash" golem.
Good advice here. As for the trundle runes on jungling, I find that the attck runes scale early on with his q so you don't soak up as much damage fighting golems/lizard. Will try your way, though, when I get a chance.

And as gunflame stated, it's best to adapt to the enemy team rather than always going on a pre-set build and mindset.

Dunkstiks

03-30-2011

Gunflame has it down.
I prefer to start at the wraith camp simply because i'd rather get ganked w/o losing blue buff vs having blue buff getting ganked and giving the opposing team two advantages.
I go Wraiths > Golems > Wolves > Blue Golem, some would disagree that I should go golems > wraiths, taking on wraiths w/o smite is deadly in itself.
by the time i reach the wolves my smite is back up, but i save it for blue just auto attacking to kill wolves and generally i use my 2nd last hp pot and im at about 80% on he pull for the blue golem. I have enough mana for 4 bites and i usually bring him to just about 500hp b4 smite and i get the kill i get some hp i kill the tiny lizards and i go back to town

i come back, i grab red buff, I go mid or bot lane and i get a kill.