Olaf Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
I agree with Absolution's overall philosophy of Tanklaf with CDR.

None of those individual items are bad except that you are buying +2000 soft hitpoints (Mallet first then immediate Warmogs?). You need to add some hardness before you add more hitpoints after the mallet. Warmogs only takes 10 assists to fully stack now, you don't need to be an investor and rush it early game.

To the OP, once you get more games with Olaf most people do not get Frozen Mallet and would use Ghostblade in that spot instead, since Olaf already has a good slow with his axe if you can hit it reliably, and they do not stack favorably (you get less than half the additional slow from mallet). Ghostblade gives valuable CDR which lets him spam his true damage more, often along with axes. I see you had Ghostblade in your original build and I don't recommend you cut it.
Which build should I go I would want to go a more of a carry build which I think my build would be better than a really tank olaf build.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Tanklaf is carry -.- when enemy only hit like 100 dmg cause of your armour and you out HP them you will be diving and getting out alive with your stun + E.. just use the items I gave you

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
Tanklaf is carry -.- when enemy only hit like 100 dmg cause of your armour and you out HP them you will be diving and getting out alive with your stun + E.. just use the items I gave you
If I go tank olaf I will just end up having a lot of hp 9/10 I will get ksed because I wont have enough damage?? But if i go my build i have at least over 3000k hp and a lot of damage. But I guess your build is better against strong tanks and casters but that would make me a prime target in the battle.

DrDragun

03-30-2011

Remember if you get max CDR that you are hitting 340 true damage every 2.4 seconds... you can build very tanky and still put out some awesome damage. By lategame the enemies will have about 50% armor reduction, so 340 true damage is equivalent to about 700 physical damage... yikes. Plus your W scales with hitpoints. Olaf is really scary when his items are complete.

KoreanCasper

03-30-2011

Quote:
Remember if you get max CDR that you are hitting 340 true damage every 2.4 seconds... you can build very tanky and still put out some awesome damage. By lategame the enemies will have about 50% armor reduction, so 340 true damage is equivalent to about 700 physical damage... yikes. Plus your W scales with hitpoints. Olaf is really scary when his items are complete.
So absolutes tanky build is better than getting damage items and attack speed?

Absolution13

03-30-2011

dude your hitting true damage every 2.4 seconds
true damage hits through your armor so even chogath can be slain quite quickly remember your not DPS base nor AS your ability tank base making you able to tank like 50 turret hits, deal TRUE 340 DMG every 2.4 second and stun for like 8 seconds so thats already like 900 DMG dealt before your stun on them is finished. Not to mention you tank nukers like Viegar and LeBlanc assuming then dont have like 6 Rab caps or 20 stack Mej

KoreanCasper

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
dude your hitting true damage every 2.4 seconds
true damage hits through your armor so even chogath can be slain quite quickly remember your not DPS base nor AS your ability tank base making you able to tank like 50 turret hits, deal TRUE 340 DMG every 2.4 second and stun for like 8 seconds so thats already like 900 DMG dealt before your stun on them is finished. Not to mention you tank nukers like Viegar and LeBlanc assuming then dont have like 6 Rab caps or 20 stack Mej
I will follow your build but can should I get the items in that order? And secondly can I substiute merc treds for boots of swiftness? And if I cant can i get exhaust and cleanse instead of getting merc treds and getting boots of swiftness. Or is getting ghost exhaust and merc treds my best bet?

DrDragun

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemenAndSwallow View Post
So absolutes tanky build is better than getting damage items and attack speed?
In most cases yes. Not pure tank but mostly tank, maybe a couple of well-balanced damage items (Ghostblade mostly comes to mind because of cooldown reduction and movement speed but also well-rounded stats).

In some games I build more AD when my team is having a hard time but I'm getting a lot of kills... in this case I might get an Infinity Edge if I'm gettin fed, but that usually happens when I'm jungling and getting lots of ganks. In most cases that should not be the main build.

You might swap something for a Starks if you got more than 1 AD player on your team... in that case the aura really helps and you can justify gettin a Starks.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Youmuu is trading Defense / Stun wont run away for Minor Agression
I would PERSONALLY pick FMallet over cause of its slow making them impossible to run from your Pure DMG E attack instead of Youmuu he might run away and your based on Skill so yeah. I wont decide 4 you but I gave my suggestion.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Quote:
In most cases yes. Not pure tank but mostly tank, maybe a couple of well-balanced damage items (Ghostblade mostly comes to mind because of cooldown reduction and movement speed but also well-rounded stats).

In some games I build more AD when my team is having a hard time but I'm getting a lot of kills... in this case I might get an Infinity Edge if I'm gettin fed, but that usually happens when I'm jungling and getting lots of ganks. In most cases that should not be the main build.

You might swap something for a Starks if you got more than 1 AD player on your team... in that case the aura really helps and you can justify gettin a Starks.
Your BroLaf Broski your going to carrie your whole team, towerdive and knock down turrets!
Unless your team is like all AD you dont need starks
I wouldnt get Inf Edge since your not AD player your skill ownage base so if anything I would get high CDR item