AD Ezreal - 21/0/9, or 9/0/21

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Nobody has suggested 12/0/18, focusing on armor/spell penetration (still applies to his ult) and then picking up mana regeneration?

AgenteMeister

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkguy View Post
ok, im building currently the 21/6/3 and its working for me, my runes are:

3 atk dmg in red +6 armor pen....
9flat armor in yellow
9flat magic res in blue

3 quitescense of atack dmg....

yo should follow this tut By Win10Cent, it really helped me improve my game, im currently using it to explore new builds and is working for me:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...al-guide.xhtml
I agree with this post. I've tried Ezreal with this build and it seriously rocks. Even with less than 50 games with him I've never had a negative K/D/A score.

The Win10Cent way is AD Ezreal, using 21/9/0 masteries (screw mana regen, it's manageable when you play properly) with the above runes and Exhaust + Ignite combo (you need to develop map awareness and you rely on Arcane Shift only to escape ganks). Max Q+E, R when available and W is last pick.

Early game dominance is the main strategy of this build, and it also gives you confidence since you have enough Armor/MR to be not-that-squishy and at very early levels Mystic Shot hits quite hard IMO. You can't be wrong with this guide.

If you're skeptical about the runes, check the guide. It includes enough theorycrafting and experiments to be convinced of the author's choice.

GaspingTruth

03-31-2011

20/0/10 DERR

31 armour pen lv1 is best

Bletzkarn

03-31-2011

9/0/21

Bletzkarn

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaspingTruth View Post
20/0/10 DERR

31 armour pen lv1 is best
Useful considering most people have 13 - 30 armor at level 1.

shiftyshark

03-31-2011

This will sound odd, but I usually run with 15/0/15.

TuneDEF

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHit View Post
I don't have any experience as Ezreal but I do play Caitlyn. I always choose to run 11/0/19, this provides 9% cooldown reduction and saves me wasting 2 points in utility for presence of the master and replaces it with 4 extra armour penetration.
I'm pretty sure Ez is an AD caster, so there's no real reason to focus on offence since you'd have 5 points that were pretty much wasted.
wat

Mat Cauthon

03-31-2011

It depends on whether you're trying to go for early game domination or late game carry.

I've used Win10Cent's build quite a few times, the full 21/0/9 with defensive runes and masteries and Exhaust/Ignite. It's usually pretty good for getting first blood, but it has a few weaknesses. First, if the enemy just turtles and tower hugs, you're probably not gonna kill them that easily, and if you're not fed this build really falls off. Secondly, even if you're fed, since you took Exhaust/Ignite your only escape mechanism/mobility skill is E, and that makes it really easy for the enemy team to focus you. Lastly, his build really falls off late game because he starts getting a ton of defensive items to make up for point #2, and tank Ezreal cannot carry. Also, as you have literally zero mana regen you need to save all your mana for fights and it really hampers your farming since you can't Q indiscriminately to clear large creep waves. With that said, his build can be REALLY good for finishing games early and if you like being aggressive.

The Voyboy type of 9/0/21 is probably better suited for higher ELO where people punish overaggression severely. You can kind of hang back and farm it up, you're still very powerful midgame, and you haave plenty of mobility to ensure that you survive the fights without having to get too many defensive items (although Bveil is still recommended, imo). With the right build, you can also carry pretty hard late game while being relatively immune to Focus since you have more escape skills than the French Army.

So in the end, it comes down to personal preference. The important thing to note is that the reason why a lot of people think Ezreal falls off late-game is because they think he's supposed to sit in the back and throw Mystic Shots. Since Q can't crit, its damage really falls off late game even if you have 300+ AD, and that's assuming you can hit their squishies and the tank doesn't block it. You want to use Q to poke and build up your stacks of your passive and such, but once the teamfight actually starts you need to be auto attacking. With your passive attack speed you'll be doing a TON of damage even with just a Trinity Force and Bloodthirster.

Actually, if a game goes long enough I try to get an Infinity Edge after my core (Sheen > BT > Trinity Force) to ensure that I can really carry my team if we need it. You'll have about a 40% crit chance, ~1.7 attack speed once your passive is charged up, and if you crit you'll be hitting for about 700, which is much more than Mystic Shot. In fact, once your atkspd goes past a certain point, Q actually gets in the way, since the animation is slower than just attacking again.

I seem to have gone off on another tangent, but basically, 9/0/21 and 21/0/9 and 21/6/3, all of them are good. Just try them all out for yourself and see which suits your playstyle.

R e a p e r v2

03-31-2011

9/0/21? Why not say "I depend on spamming skillshots to get anywhere"

Good ezreal farms without needing many Q's. Also a good ezreal doesnt focus all armor pen like a tard. Ezreal is a lv 1-13 champ racking up plenty of kills. Most ezreals get 3 kills by lv 7. A good ezreal can dominate anybody in mid but only if they take 21/9/0. Some people say the trick to mastering kassadin is to not be afraid of death, and use your spells well. Same with ezreal.

AD ez > AP ez. Why? AD dominates AP early game, most people give up mid game. AP is for like 1h+ games and if you've been feed enough (Which AP can never be feed if enemies have atleast half a brain)

DaKuY

03-31-2011

i think leaguecraft.com is down but when it is back up read it

Read this...
{
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...al-guide.xhtml
}

These videos are very recent.

Watch this....
{
http://www.youtube.com/user/Corian86
}