Most (high elo) viable melee dps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

idecline

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDeAdYet View Post
if you're looking for carry, then may i suggest corki, as it stands he's one of the best dps right now...

Tristana's... well, dec. all i gotta say. twitch has always been a high damage champ... that's all i can think of around the top of my head right now.
How about if he is looking for... melee dps?
I am assuming the OP means melee as in "not ranged."

ironstove

02-17-2010

I think master yi is the winner.

xSJx

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExS Perfect View Post
Wtf is up sj? And shaco.
Hahaha what's goin on man. Yeah, shaco is nuts. I can't imagine how crazy he is with full t3 crit dmg, I have a t1 page with 22% crit dmg or something.

To clarify, I meant melee carrys. Not nasus or blitz and those guys .

xSJx

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDeAdYet View Post
are you sure about that?... none of these champs mentioned are viable in high tier play...
jax<sword of the divine
shaco's just kill 1 person strong
trynd's horrible now, no one plays him... (in high tier)
yi's being shat on as well, warwick's always been probably the weakest link in ANY game...
pantheon i still have my doubts about
nasus is a good champ, and can be built dps, but i don't see anyone doing it. he's definitely viable tho.
the only fairly decent suggestion was nidalee and even she's not that high tiered.

if you're looking for carry, then may i suggest corki, as it stands he's one of the best dps right now.
katarina's pretty tank too but with the recent reworks i'm not so sure. Tristana's... well, dec. all i gotta say. twitch has always been a high damage champ... that's all i can think of around the top of my head right now.
I'm looking for a MELEE carry, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanu View Post
Poppy and Pantheon are the only really good choices for melee dps, the rest are tanks or ranged carrys. The ranged chars just have way too good and too much aoe, and usually a cc or survival mechanic on top of it. Even if you play a melee with aoe yours is just worse than theirs.

They recently finally realized some of the flaws with being melee and I am assuming thats where poppy came in, with her ultimate letting her eat all of the aoe damage going on and still single target people down(as well as an amazing passive). And then pantheon who gets an amazing ranged harass and a bunch of aoe **** including an ultimate that makes map presence crazy.

They need to nerf aoe or add items that reduce the amount of aoe damage you take so that the game isn't all tanks and ranged carrys.
This is the kind of thing I'm curious about, thanks for the reply .

Sorry for the double post :P

Ultimatnoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-17-2010

Is teemo any good for high ELO?

As a mid ELO, i have over a 2-1 KDR with him, as I get higher I'm not seeing and 23-2-10's like I used to, but am still doing about 2-1.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatnoob View Post
Is teemo any good for high ELO?

As a mid ELO, i have over a 2-1 KDR with him, as I get higher I'm not seeing and 23-2-10's like I used to, but am still doing about 2-1.
Teemo is low tier.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-18-2010

Nidalee, Shaco and maybe poppy are the only viable options. I suspect that the New Jax will be up there as well. Blitz and nasus are both tanks/hybrids respectively, and gangplank is more of a caster.

Zyrxyz

02-18-2010

If youre looking at a pure melee dps character, shaco is the most viable. His control of red/blue buffs and dragon make him somewhat viable as a melee dps.

Jayce from Space

02-18-2010

Strictly melee: Nidalee. That's all there really is to it. Otherwise: get a ranged carry.

Azing

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0it View Post
Teemo is low tier.
Actually he is High Tier due to his Map Control and to disable Carries (blinding dart). Hes just not used as much with Nidalee providing some Map Control while also being able to support and do good dps.

Anyways I'd not consider Nidalee in this thread only since the fact she is more of a 'support' then a melee dps. None the less, she is still high elo.