Teemo is a squirrel-chipmunkish champ of League of Legends; always with the smiling face and a very cute voice to boot. Be warned, he’s the cute counterpart of Twitch, the effing plague rat, without the stealth. Teemo is a very effective and quick DPS champ.
Passive skill: Camouflage - If Teemo stands still and takes no actions for 4.5 seconds, he becomes stealthed indefinitely.
Blinding Dart - Obscures an enemy's vision with a powerful venom, dealing damage to the target unit and causing all attacks to miss for the duration.
Deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.8) magic damage and causes the target to miss all of their attacks for 1.6/2.2/2.8/3.4/4 seconds.
Cooldown - 12 seconds
Cost - 70/85/100/115/130 Mana
Range – 680
- Teemo’s first skill deals a little bit of damage, coupled with blindness for a minimum of 1.6 seconds at level 1. In my case, this is Teemo’s finisher skill early game when an enemy champ is low on HP and is out my range.
Move Quick [/B]- Teemo scampers around, increasing his movement speed until he is struck by an enemy.
Toggle: Teemo's movement speed is increased by 20/25/30/35/40%. Should Teemo be struck while Moving Quick, he gets knocked out of Move Quick.
Cooldown - 0 seconds
Cost - 40 Mana to Activate
Range – 20
- Move Quick is Teemo’s “Get there quick” or “GTFO” skill; in simpler terms, it’s either an escape skill or helps you get to a lane as quick as possible. This skill stacks with whatever movement bonus you have.
Toxic Shot - Each of Teemo's attacks will poison the target, dealing damage each second for 5 seconds.
Teemo's basic attacks poison their target for 8/14/21/28/35 (+0.14) magical damage each second for 5 seconds.
Cooldown -0 seconds
Cost – Passive
- Teemo’s bread and butter skill. This is where you want to rely your damage in the early game. 35 damage at 5 seconds is a total of 175 additional damage. So yeah, IT HURTS! You don’t wanna be on the receiving end of this skill when you’re low on HP.
Noxious Trap - Teemo places a explosive poisonous trap. If an enemy steps on the trap it will release a poisonous cloud, slowing enemies and damaging them over time.
Places a trap which detonates if an enemy steps on it, poisoning nearby enemies. Poisoned enemies take 350/500/650 (+0.8) magic damage and have their movement speed slowed by 30/40/50% for 4 seconds. Traps last 10 minutes.
Cooldown - 20 seconds
Cost - 75/100/125 Mana
Range – 230
- Teemo’s ultimate skill is a trap. You can place these mushrooms anywhere on the map and they’ll explode when stepped on. You’d want to place your traps in your escape routes, narrow passes in between lanes and in the bushes. Pro players think twice of chasing a Teemo running towards a jungle.
1.) Exhaust – You don’t want your enemy to escape or hit you with their attacks. Teemo is very squishy early game and a well placed attack/skill can mean between owning the lane and getting owned.
2.) Ignite – This guide is all about DPS DPS and MORE DPS! Ignite is the perfect DPS finisher when you clash with enemy champs. Pop one in on an enemy champ with less than a bar of HP, coupled with your toxic shots, and he’ll go bye bye.
3.) Heal – This spell increases Teemo’s lane survivability early game, but with the items that I am about to recommend, Heal loses its effectiveness mid game; though may still cast Heal on yourself and to your teammates if you don’t want to port back home.
4.) Flash – Flash is very useful for escaping and chasing opponents; be warned though – chasing opponents as Teemo is sometimes not a good idea if you’re not yet ITEMIZED.
1.) Clarity – Teemo’s not mana greedy. His Toxic Shot skill can deal additional damage without having to rely on Blinding Dart unless needed.
2.) Smite – Teemo does not jungle; he either goes solo mid or lanes with a teammate. Teemo’s farming capabilities make him very deadly when fed early game; I’ve seen a couple of Teemo’s complete a Malady before hitting level 6.
3.) Clairvoyance – Teemo does not hunt weak enemies. He waits for them to walk right into his traps. As a Teemo player, you can also choose to place mushrooms at the enemy’s jungle and narrow lanes. This is crucial if you want to sabotage their killing sprees.
Item build for Teemo
This is my item build for Teemo in order:
1.) Vampiric Scepter
2.) Executioner’s Calling
3.) Berserker’s Greaves or Ninja Tabi or Boots of Swiftness (circumstantial, as long the third item you pick are a pair of boots)
5.) Phantom Dancer
2.) Last Whisper
3.) Infinity Edge
4.) Black Cleaver
5.) Frozen Mallet
Why these items?
Vampiric Scepter helps you survive your lane with a 12% lifesteal. You can easily farm and harass other champs without having to rely on pots and Heal. Once you have enough gold, upgrade it to Executioner’s Calling. Why? Executioner’s Calling gives out an additional 4 damage per second for 12 seconds plus reduced regeneration and healing at 50%. That’s 48 additional damage + Toxic Shot at level 5 = 223 DPS! Sweet damage huh?
Once you have your EC, it’s time to pick up a pair of boots. Take note, it’s preferential and circumstantial. You may opt to get Mercury Treads if there are a lot of stunners, or you may choose Ninja Tabi for additional armor and dodge or Berserker’s Greaves for additional attack speed. If you just want to move a lot, Boots of Swiftness is for you. After getting boots, pick up Zeal for an additional move speed and critical damage. I did not mention the attack speed bonus because Teemo’s a naturally fast hitter/shooter. You’re just getting this item for the added bonus. Upgrade your Zeal to Phantom Dancer and you’re off to becoming a semi automatic machinegun.
The circumstantial items, like Malady and Last Whisper offer a very good attack speed bonus, 50% and 40% to be exact. But you’re getting these items either for the LIFESTEAL (Malady) or ARMOR PENETRATION + ADDED DAMAGE (Last Whisper). Either way, they’re both good for Teemo. Infinity Edge makes the enemy champs cry for help. 250% crit for Teemo at a sick attack speed is NOT FUN! Can you imagine a stream of 250% critical damage? That’s more painful than getting hit by a turret or getting assraped by super minions.
I also included Frozen Mallet as an added HP bonus and damage as well as slowing the enemy champs in their tracks. With Frozen Mallet, champs can’t go anywhere while Teemo’s behind them shooting darts.
Level 1 – Toxic Shot
Level 2 – Blinding Dart
Level 3 – Toxic Shot
Level 4 – Move Quick
Level 5 – Blinding Dart / Toxic Shot
Level 6 – Noxious Trap
Level 7 skills and onwards are all up to you. Getting these skills in this order allow you to dominate your lane as early as level 3. If you have Ignite and Exhaust, you’re pretty much in FIRST BLOOD HEAVEN. Just be sure you’re the one dealing FIRST BLOOD and not the one DYING from it.
Teemo’s build is pretty straightforward. Hit creeps, hit champ/s. Farm, harass. Regardless of enemy champ, they really want to keep their distance from you, especially if you’re laned with another carry or nuker. Getting Move Quick at level 4 allows you to run back to your lane quickly, without having to worry about getting your turret destroyed because you went shopping.
It’s very important to remember these key details and advice when playing as Teemo; regardless of build and items.
- Early game, do not chase enemy champs, even if they less than a bar of HP left. Tempting as it may be to land a Blinding Dart or another shot, you’re better off farming for gold. I am not saying that it’s not a good idea to pop off a shot to kill him but it’s better to play safe for the meantime.
- Teemo is all about harassment, regardless of any lane. His DPS, especially when stacked with Executioner’s Calling, can make enemy champs think twice about getting within shooting range.
- When an enemy champ is absent, FARM FARM FARM!
- Do not be greedy. When you think you can’t survive a clash, run and lure them into your traps or have your allies lure them into your traps. Be sure that your other mates know where you placed your traps.
- Teemo is squishy! Do not tank. You can bait yourself but DO NOT TANK!
I do not consider myself as a PRO player. I just want to share how I build my Teemo because it got me a lot of decent kills and assists, win or lose. Please leave your comments below and please READ the guide carefully. Contributions are very much appreciated.
Click this link for a comprehensive Teemo guide.
Vamp scepter only works while auto-attacking (don't do this during lane phase). You're better off with health regen item because you can regen while camouflaged and stay close for XP. Most of these items also build into a defensive item (which you have none listed). Squishy teemo is a dead teemo.
You are fast with Move Quick skill, just don't stay snared long--mercury treads > all other boots.
Executioner’s Calling is situational (but often needed to counter) let the DPS carry get this, teemo is really a support champ/DPS counter. Phage/Frozen mallet works better with Move Quick to add HP and chase runners. Feed your carry by making sure no one gets away--ever.
Toxic shot might work for harassing early game, but it probably won't get kills against good players or really help at all in late game (unless you get Rylai's Scepter in which case just one level of Toxic will slow the target for 1.5 seconds after the last tick (so 6.5 seconds total). Quickly leveling Blinding Shot on the other hand can turn the tide of a lane fight against a DPS carry like Ashe, Sivir, Trist, Yi, or Pantheon as well as do decent damage.
I see a couple of problems with this guide:
1) Blinding Dart is much more important than Toxic Shot. Blinding dart means that physical DPS champions will never be able to gank you. It's a nuke with a large range. Toxic Shot is a little extra damage, but each level of Blinding Dart is more damage than a level of Toxic Shot. For your skill build, I would suggest doing this:
1 - Blinding Dart
2 - Toxic Shot
3 - Move Quick (you can now move quickly towards your enemy, hit them with a blinding dart, hit them with an autoattack to put poison on them, then run away. This is a huge amount of harassment, giving you Attackdamage + 40 poison damage + 80 dart damage, and it's difficult for them to reply as they are blinded)
4 - Blinding Dart
5 - Blinding Dart
6 - Trap
7 - Blinding Dart
8 - Poison
9 - Blinding Dart
10 - Poison
11 - Trap
12-13 - Poison
14-15 - Move Quick
16 - Trap
17-18 Move Quick
2) Vampiric Scepter is a terrible Starting Item. Why? It's regeneration only comes in to play when you are autoattacking. In the early game, particularly with someone like Teemo, you don't want to be autoattacking, you just want to be last hitting and harassing. Also, when you most need the healing (after being harassed), you won't be able to get it, because if you stick around autoattacking you'll get harassed harder. Additionally, it provides no inherent survivability and blocks you from getting a potion. The best starting item for Teemo is definitely Doran's Shield + a health potion.
3) You've got the necessary items down (Last Whisper, Infinity Edge, Boots, a lifesteal item, Frozen Mallet, and Phantom Dancer), but your ordering is a bit off. Phantom Dancer is a great damage enhancer, as it provides a large amount of attack speed and crit chance, but unless you have the damage and crit damage to exploit this, it's subpar. The item build that I have been finding quite good for me is:
Start - Doran's Ring + HP Potion
First Trip Back - Depending on the amount of money you have, Boots, Upgraded Boots, Boots + Vamp Scepter, Boots + Recurve Bow, or BF Sword
Second Trip Back - Aim at having Upgraded Boots, a Vamp Scepter, and either a BF Sword or a Last Whisper
Third Trip Back - Other of BF Sword/Last Whisper, build BF Sword towards IE.
Fourth Trip Back - Finish IE, start Phage.
Fifth Trip - Frozen Mallet, upgrade Vamp Scepter (Exec's Calling if the enemy has a lot of healers or Regen, Malady if they've got more tanks than squishies, otherwise Bloodthirster)
If the game goes this long - Sell Doran's for Phantom Dancer
© 2013 Riot Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Riot Games, League of Legends and PvP.net are trademarks, services marks, or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc.