Do spells that deal physical damage get reduced by spell resistance or armor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitball1074

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

Do spells like Gangplank's gun, which say they deal physical damage, get their damage reduced by spell resistance or armor? I'm asking because I needa know whether to get magic penetration or armor penetration to increase my damage output, and vice versa to decrease the enemies'.

Avloren

02-16-2010

It varies per skill, but skills that do physical damage should be affected by armor and armor penetration. Parrley used to be considered magic, just last patch they changed it to be physical and affected by armor instead of magic resistance.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

Parrrrrley is easy... armor pen and damage. But i'd like to know about let's say... pantheon spear, ashe's volley and gatling gun.

Avloren

02-16-2010

Volley and Pantheon's spear are definitely affected by armor/armor penetration. Haven't tested gatling gun, you'd think it would be the same.

wildfire393

02-16-2010

Any ability which says it deals "Physical Damage" does just that, and as such is affected by armor and armor penetration. Likewise, any ability that deals Magical Damage is affected instead my MR and MPen.

TKana

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVi View Post
But i'd like to know about let's say... pantheon spear, ashe's volley and gatling gun.
Thats physical, magic and magic if i'm not mistaken.

FYI, just because it scales with AD doesnt mean its physical.

Pyronymer

02-16-2010

I have a follow up question.

Physical damage dealing abilities don't seem to proc the same effects that physical attacks proc.

Are there ANY physical attack effects that DO proc of physical damage rather than actual auto attacks?

I'm hoping for instance for Life steal (while suspecting from limited experience that it doesn't).

Kaied

02-17-2010

As far as I know, ONLY Gangplank's Parrrley can do any on hit effects(Lifesteal, etc). Because it specifically says so.

TKana

02-17-2010

As far as i know, only Parrrley (Gankplank) and Gatling Gun (Corky) give on hit effects.

And as far as i know, the only thing Corky's Gatling effects is Black Cleaver. Ive not seen it stack Malady (tested), give life (tested, but not confirmed as the life gain is really low) or slow (atleast not with a Frozen Mallet, it slows with Rylai's though). It also doesnt seem to use the slow from a Lizard buff (tested), which Parrrley will do.

Joru

02-17-2010

Gatling Gun does not apply on hit effects. It does reduce armor on its own, however, which I assume you were mistaking for Black Cleaver procs.