Is Sivir a high ELO champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

Sivir always looked like target practice to me, and seemed to do very little for the team. So I thought she sucked. Then someone mentioned her actually being a decent champ so I figured I'd look up a build or two and give it a go.... 1 winning streak later and I'm curious if this is a champ you can take to the top, or is she just a pub stomper (well, pub stomp supporter, to be exact)?

Basist

02-17-2010

She is semi support based off of her lack of cc and lower stats than a lot of champs, but don't let that fool you. Sivir is one of the best lane pushers/tower destroyers out there. In a good co-ordinated team game past level 10 if you can sneak by the enemy team while they're occupied fighting your friends, you don't need more than 5 seconds to drop a tower.

Based off her skills, yes she doesn't seem to fit in the higher games from lack of CC, but in my opinion it's how good she meshes in with the rest of your team. I don't like playing against a Sivir with teleport because if that person knows your whole team is on the other side of the map, all it takes is 10 seconds and your tower is gone....granted their minions are pushing the lane far enough for it to be done in time. I'd rather have a Sivir on my team than Ashe or a fair amount of champs. Remember, she is support but with a few damage items like bloodthirster/infin+frozen mallet for hp/slow, turn on richochet and watch the numbers fly in team fights....just don't stick your nose in too far as she is still semi-squishy even with an extra 800 hp.

All in all it's how good you can play with your team, if everyone is fit to Sivir's playstyle. Some games it might not work just because they have more cc/damage and will win, but if you play it right you will win more often.

Kills<Towers. Unless you ace their team but you get what I'm going at. Sivir is a very straightforward, non cc champ but her ult cuts the time to drop a tower in 3/4. I wouldn't suggest playing her in premades unless your teamwork is great. That's my 2 cents from my experience with her.

Maggeus

02-17-2010

^ is totally right. Good sum up.

Best pusher of the game, good support, correct dps, and a nice free banshee's veil.
All in all, a very balanced hero, that can even help snowballing a team thanks to her ulti.

DonkeyBalls

02-17-2010

Sivir is one of the top champions in the game. She dramatically increases the odds of her team winning regardless of her personal k/d ratio.

Soookayyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

Yeah sivir is the best pusher in the game period. i dont think i have ever had a game with less then 250 creep kills. She is in my opinion one of the 5 characters in the game and the best at what she does.

Khajja

02-17-2010

sivir with starks and her ulti provides IMMENSE benefit to the team.

not to mention her Q blade can hit 2x per pass per person. in a teamfight its not rare to catch 3 people with it, and is capable of hitting their squishies in the back.

Slide

02-17-2010

Pushing wins games.

Sivir is the best pusher.

Sivir makes your other teammates good pushers.

A properly played Sivir wins games. Epic less then 20 minute wins are her forte. Ive described the tactic used for that in a good 20 Sivir threads, do a search for my posts in Sivir threads and youll find it. Requires teamwork, but in my opinion it is by far the strongest strat in the game.

Sivir is god tier if played properly.....and shes not super broken OP like the other God tier champ, TF. What does that tell you?

Kritara

02-17-2010

let's not forget spellshield is pro

Joru

02-17-2010

I never really understood what Sivir was supposed to be for when I was new, either. Now I hate seeing her on the enemy team.

The most annoying thing is that a tower defended by Sivir is effectively indestructible. One Boomerang Blade and one autoattack and hey, your entire creep wave is dead. You can't even try to harass her away because of Spell Shield. You either towerdive or you go home, and the former is pretty much instant death until late game.

nicosharp

02-17-2010

If you are in a 5v4 battle in a high ELO game, and Sivir is the one not there, say goodbye to a tower. She is like TF, she might not be there to help her team in the fight, but thats when you need to worry most.