Need help with Annie...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhynocerous

02-17-2010

I used to play Anivia and Alistar, then I switched to Ryze to try him out after the buff. After melting many, many faces I decided to switch to Annie for when I actually play good players. Now I actually have to play the game instead of running up to someone and rolling my knuckles around on QWER.

So far I've gathered that I should farm with the first skill, and I guess use tibbers as a big stun? What else should I be looking to do? I went like, 4-2-15 because I could stun and nuke, but never finish anyone off.

Shikaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

Ignite and flash are strong spells for annie. Ignite for that little extra damage early on to get kills while flash can be good for a surprise burst on someone who think they're safely out of range. At level 6, flash -> ignite -> tibbers -> 2 nukes -> disintegrate is usually enough to drop most if not everyone. (when you hit ignite depends on if you have the mastery or not and whether or not they have a heal)

Also mastering double stun for team fights is a must. Although I'm pretty sure this is a bug, for now utilize it while you can. I believe I explained it to you in game fairly well.

Hope your games go well with annie.

gun fu panda

02-17-2010

I prefer flash/ghost personally, since you get a LOT of survivability from being able to move around quickly as Annie. General idea is to keep pyromania charged, use molten shield to build up invisible charges, and blow up squishies. Annie is best at hitting casters/carries with a lot of burst, then getting out until Incinerate/Fireball are back up. Then popping in and dropping fireballs/stuns until the fight is over. Mejai's is about all the AP you need once you get decent with her. I HIGHLY recommend getting a Banshee's over RoA unless their team is awful and has 0 CC.

Drakien

02-17-2010

Annie....

You said you can't finish them up? You should try getting some MP (magic penetration) a haunting guise is a good item to have.

As you said, you are supposed to farm with your disintegrate skill, do that everytime you can because Annie needs some expesive items at mid and late game and if you wish to harrass, charge your stun and attack them normaly. Most people run away when you come at them with a stun ready, this is helpful to keep them from farming.

When you are about to gank take your piromania to 3 charges, then , as you gank give the weakest one the QWR combo, activate your shield (E), and by the time they are out of the stun you should have Q ready again and your teammates should be destroying the enemy by now.

Hope this helps

Joru

02-17-2010

I don't play Annie as much as Anivia anymore, but there are a couple of things I remember being helpful for Annie.

First of all, be agressive early on. From when you get Tibbers through midgame, Annie is the queen of the map. She can kill practically anything on a whim as long as Tibbers is up. If you're mid and your opponent is as cautious as they should be, go top or bottom and wipe out the enemies there with your teammates, then go back. You don't want to spend all your time passively farming with Tibbers available or you'll blow the biggest advantage Annie has.

Another handy thing to do sometimes is masking your stun. When Pyromania is charged, you get blue swirly things around you that everyone can see, which means enemies will be extra-cautious around you. If you want to bait them, stop building charges at 4, then, when you're ready, hit Molten Shield or something for the last charge and drop a stun-Tibbers out of nowhere.

mOeeOm

02-17-2010

Level 1 = Q
Level 2 = W
Level 3 = Q
Level 4 = E
Level 5 = Q
Level 6 = R

Then prioritize Q and W until maxed, level 11 = R obviously. The reason you get one level of E is so you can load up your stun faster if you need it, also anytime you are at fountain you can W+E and get 2 charges and have 5 loaded up before you get to the lane when you keep spamming W.

I start off with a blue crystal + health pot + mana pot and rush catalyst, then level 1 boots -> RoA -> spell boots -> ryali's crystal staff (get the belt first for the HP).

Use your Q skill on minions for farming.

You don't want to use annie as a glass cannon, you will get targeted and killed like there is no tomorrow. Even when I have 3k+ HP people still turn off their brain and attack me until they learn better. You want to stay in the fight spamming Q+W and stunning when you get more counters. Every team fight you live by a little bit of HP you will appreciate this build.

Summoner spells I use exhaust + flash and 9/0/21, exhaust is way too good for early game kills and late game for shutting down their carries. Flash is obvious.

Oh and stun tibbers is great for team fights, but please if you are going for a single hero gank make sure you use Q first, it is very obnoxious watching an annie miss tibbers on one hero and the enemy hero runs off before we can catch up.

Grovel

02-17-2010

I don't understand why folks prioritize Q over W? I hit level 2 Q to help farm, but then pump up my AoE as my primary nuke. Are you guys mainly using W as an AoE stun when Tibbers is on CD and using Q to harass more? After laning, Q isn't much more than an extra finisher for me, as I prioritize AoE damage.

gun fu panda

02-17-2010

I usually go Q W Q E Q R W W W W R E E E E R Q Q for my order. Incinerate is so much better than Disintegrate overall.

SageMode

02-17-2010

Ok so no offense to any of the posters but in my opinion something is wrong in each reply. I main annie. Even if my team loses I do well. Here's My prognosis.

9/0/21 be sure to spec flash and exhaust mastery. This. Is ur ganking tool. Magic pen reds. Flat ap yellow. Cd reduction blue and quints are 1 magic pen and 2 flat ap. This gives you 10 magic pen 15 starting ap and 8% cd reduction at 18. You have 9% cd reduce from masteries.

Start with dorans ring and a heal pot. Go mid no matter what go mid. Take w and build up ur stun at base before heading out. Auto ask minions keeping ur stun available as a means of escape. If all is well at level 2 get q stun ur opponent with q the w him. The goal is to harrass him to use pots or heal if they have it last hit minions with q to conserve mana at level 5 charge ur stun and auto ask minions til 6. At 6 grab tibbers here's when you flash if he's smart he,ll see 6 plus stun aura - tibber stun. So what you do is keep ur distance let him push and flash on top and tibbers then w then q. At this point they will run exhaust and q again to drop them. Keep in mind if he makes it to the turret go through the jungle up between the turrets send tibbers In to tank and finish him.

At this point u should have 1100g. Go get sorc shoes and.charge ur stun go top or bot and hide in river bush. Ur tibbers cd won't take long wait for them to get close double stun with tibbers and get a double kill. Go back to. Mid and alternate ganking lanes.

Here's ur item list.

Dorans ring + h pot
Sorcery shoes
Mejais soulstealer
Deathfire grasp
Zonyas ring
Abyssal sceptre

Those items in that order. Know when to back and. when to atk if u suck Annie is useless late game.

Hope this helps

Rhynocerous

02-17-2010

Thanks for all the tips, I'll take them into consideration.
Well, except for the "only solo mid ever," surely Annie is playable in a side lane.

I just need to sort out my items and practice now.