Difference between top solo and mid solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kresterz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

the reason is also because minions move fasterin midmeaning more body shields + income = profit???

And survivable

Suuperdad

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy656 View Post
Doing it US style, the more vulnerable one should have mid. Doing it EU style, the ranged AD carry doesn't need solo.
Yes but that is only viable in pre-mades. Good luck having your support simply babysit you in a solo-queue. Your Janna will be Q'ing to steal all your CS.

malphismia

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuperdad View Post
I completely 10000% disagree. Tower is way more important than ganking. MF, Sivir and Trist should get mid over any caster, and this should only change if a matchup-change is required. For example, putting Kass against a caster to silence harass, etc.
You're right. Mid tower is way more important. Which is why you need a champ that kills the opposing mid, so they can proceed to take down the tower after

I think there's a better chance of taking down the tower if your mid kills their mid, and then just freely attacks it without opposition. As opposed to pushing the lane the whole time and wearing the tower down, in which case their mid might call for help from jungler or bot.

Jebbou

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelyon View Post
By having 1 person top it leaves 2 people at bottom to protect the dragon.
Ah, right. Totally make sense, thanks for clarifying.

Anarchy656

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuperdad View Post
Yes but that is only viable in pre-mades. Good luck having your support simply babysit you in a solo-queue. Your Janna will be Q'ing to steal all your CS.
Depends on who you are playing with I guess. But still, that has to do with anything how? I said how they should setup their lanes depending on which kind of strategy they are using, not whichever was the best in any given situation.

Asylumseeker

03-30-2011

So i like the theory of taking out mid tower and then being able to gank freely. However i am regularily solo top for some reason and im usually the one to knock a tower down first. This allows me to push the lane a little then run to help mid or TP to help bottom. Mid is the hardest tower to knock down as its very difficult to kill a competent player early game. Top and bottom are much easier to do this. In that respect i think in mid you want someone that can farm very well and wear down the enemy and the tower slowly is best with the killer top.

Edit: Also if you take a top or bottom tower down you have a massive area for the jungler to gank them. Mid its not really that useful as you cant gank mid as easily.

reaver99

03-30-2011

If mid tower is that important why not duo mid then?

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Its a debate but heres how it goes, middle MOSTLY out ranks other lane since shes solo, and depends how the player goes, personally I think that MF should go mid due to AOE's getting last hit.
Top is usually 2v2 unless someone jungles then it would be different, depending how good your jungler is you might want MF in top to hurt and harass both champs if they go brush and leave ashe in middle.

Asylumseeker

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
Its a debate but heres how it goes, middle MOSTLY out ranks other lane since shes solo, and depends how the player goes, personally I think that MF should go mid due to AOE's getting last hit.
Top is usually 2v2 unless someone jungles then it would be different, depending how good your jungler is you might want MF in top to hurt and harass both champs if they go brush and leave ashe in middle.
Depends on Elo to be honest. Majority of games i play there is atleast one jungler. normally 2. So top is usually 1v1 or 2v1. So the 1 at top can level just as quickly as mid. You need someone with some form of CC or an escape mechanism really though as its further from the towers.

xDarkFiendx

03-30-2011

it also depends on the player =D if your ashe is just sucking and isnt map aware... fail ashe.. but if the kass was more map aware and ganks top and bot while keeping mid from being overrun well =D it just depends