My thoughts on Crysis 2 MP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucid Dreaming

03-29-2011

Just thought I'd throw this post that I made on another site up here too.

I haven't touched singleplayer so far but I'm really enjoying the multiplayer.

It's set up a lot like CoD but it isn't bad because of that. You've got four default classes and five custom class unlocks, weapon and accessory unlocks and suit unlocks. That part was basically ripped straight from CoD but it works out well.

There's no nade spam thanks in most part to nades having their own item slot. Kill streak rewards aren't overboard either. You actually have to walk over the body of your kill for it to count towards a kill streak reward which I really like. I haven't seen any kill streak spamming like you would see in CoD. **** I rarely see the 7 kill streaks in the first place.

It has all of the gameplay modes you would expect like DM, CTF, TDM, a CoD Domination style mode and some more that I haven't played yet. There's also a Classic option which removes suit powers, high jumps, etc and plays a little bit slower. I've been spending a lot of time playing that and I really enjoy it. The maps all have a nice mix of open areas, close quarters, multiple elevations and lots of cover.

Also despite my pathetic hardware (Q6600 @ 2.7GHz, 8800GT @ stock and 4GB of DDR2) it looks absolutely amazing. One of the maps in particular, a wrecked hotel (I don't know the name) looks incredible. And it actually runs quite decently. I average 30-45 FPS but on some maps it will drop to ~20 and I have to find a new server but I don't mind.

I used this Crysis 2 graphics options program to turn off motion blur, AA and aniso as well as bloom and HDR. Everything else is on "High" which is the lowest option. The only real issue I have with the game is that none of those options are accessible in the game though there is supposed to be a patch out today or tomorrow that puts them in.

Despite all the negativity surrounding the game it's worth picking up if you're a fan of FPS.