[Guide] The Landlubber's Guide to Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

criptix

09-28-2009

gankplank needs a good mix of crit chance and dmg, just pushing only one of them will end up in ur loss, because the dmg output will be too low.

normaly i got avaric + 1-2 x 18% crit cape (880 gold) = 50+% crit then infinite edge.
if parley is ur mainskill u should at least crit 400-600 mid, 600-800 dmg in late game

DryPenguin

09-28-2009

Um, I crit for 1100ish late game. That is the point of the build. Crits with Edge

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-28-2009

the only crit items i get are infinity and phatom. with just these 2 i get like 63% byt the end game. and u rly dont need more than around 50% crit

DryPenguin

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
the only crit items i get are infinity and phatom. with just these 2 i get like 63% byt the end game. and u rly dont need more than around 50% crit

I don't really agree. Just over half of your parleys crit? I am pissed when a parrrley doesn't crit.

Zekk

09-28-2009

I usually run with 2x avarice, infinity edge, phantom dancer, Bezerker boots, and frozen mallet. The games are almost always over by the time I would sell off the avarice blades to pick up something else. I crit a whole lot and with full +crit dmg runes the crits hit pretty hard. Ashaira do you not get avarice blades in the beginning?

Mr Tibbers

09-28-2009

Personally, I've been running:

PStone
Avarice
Avarice
Zerker's
Infinity
Mallet
Executioner's/Bloodthirster/Starks (My fav main lifesteal items.)
PD (Sell one Avarice)

Normally I never get as far as PD. But, eh, it can happen. I'm going to be deleting the AP Build from the main page now, and I'll just place this one in. Zoobi's is very similar, but I think it uses too many Avarice's and I'm not a huge Atma fan with GP. Plus, I think he was deadset on Bloodthirster. I prefer having Executioner's myself. Cheaper and adds crit. The whole debuff to the attack damage buff to Parley made stacking too much damage kind of stupid on GP anyways.

SteakAndGravy

09-28-2009

I have a problem (no doubt totally my inexperience) early game with Gangplank. It seems until I get to the mid-game I am easily harrassed and have some trouble farming. I've started wearing out Parrrley to farm, but is there something else I'm missing? It seems his early game damage output is so low no one worries about you being able to hurt them, thus endless harrassment.

hesdeadjim

09-28-2009

just harass back with parley. i mostly stay out of ez harrassment range dropping in for last hit parrleys...u don't need to melee the creeps.

Zekk

09-28-2009

SteakAndGravy:

Play defensively and last hit with Parrrlay. If you're getting hammered just try to hang back by the towers and only move up to hit a creep with Parrlay. Pick up some health pots in the beginning and if you're still getting worked get a philosophers stone. For most of the first half of the game Gangplank is fairly weak. Once you get some avarice blades and an infinity edge you should be able to inflict some serious damage and you can go hunting. Just farm a lane for a bit until you get your items.

SteakAndGravy

09-28-2009

Sounds good. Thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot next time.