How do YOU counter Tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FruitPunchHero

11-25-2010

im not posting this to rage im trying to learn how other people will try to counter one of my favorite champs so that i can learn how to avoid/beat these tactics.

unseenhorror

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-25-2010

i don't know abut others but i can usually out damage trist. BUT what i see that seems to work is: shoot them really fast, when they get close use your knock back, when they get close again rocket jump AWAY. so in other words kite them.

just one trick in the bag of many she can do.

as twitch, i usually get on top of her then attack, load up poison dots, exhaust. if she knocks me back then i might ulti, if she is almost dead i expunge then load her up again, if she runs i pop ghost and chase her down.

Witch Bernkastel

11-25-2010

I main Morgana, and my response to Tristana, as with most everyone, is to Dark Bind her and walk away.

If I'm midding against her it's even better, because Black Shield renders her ult useless when the level 6 fight comes around.

As a Morgana player, to someone playing Trist, my only advice is to avoid hanging around near your caster creeps (Morgana casts Tormented Soils in that area), don't towerdive *ever* (you'll get Dark Bound and killed by the turret), and make no attempt to engage if your plan involves Buster Shot (Black Shield Hard-counters it). A decent Morgana will see it coming a mile away and have Black Shield ready and waiting.

ImCuddly

11-25-2010

As karthus i usually kill her before she kills me. If she runs away i use my ult.

Killerspaten

11-25-2010

Thornmail

Eppa

11-25-2010

Don't let her out farm you mid and don't let her use her level 6 burst. After that: CC and nuke.

EkardNT

11-25-2010

The real title of this thread should be "How do you NOT counter Tristana."

zors

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Bernkastel View Post
If I'm midding against her it's even better, because Black Shield renders her ult useless when the level 6 fight comes around.

...and make no attempt to engage if your plan involves Buster Shot (Black Shield Hard-counters it). A decent Morgana will see it coming a mile away and have Black Shield ready and waiting.
When I mid against a Morg as Trist I train Morg to use her shield to defend against my explosive shot.

If she doesn't shield she will take too much harass from explosive + auto attacks. If I can create a healthy pattern where she will predictably pop shield when I approach with explosive, I'll bait her shield like this right before I hit 6. Then I'll burst her down during her shield CD with my ult.

If I haven't been able to harass her low enough by the point I'm level 5.75 or so, I'll just wait until I've managed to get her down low enough, bait the shield and combo her down during shield CD.

Risky Umbrella

11-25-2010

Early on when I mid. I do a couple of things. one I start with Jump incase an early gank. but I focus initially on killing the first wave of creeps to maintain a higher lvl. people like morg who often choose an ability power based item and do not get life at the beginning suffer greatly from you being even just one level higher. I also focus on getting Explosive shot every possible time till lvl 6. to put it simply this move actually counts early on. it takes most people like ashe or morg or karthus down to half life early game. beat them to lvl 6 jump, Explosive shot, ignite and auto attack and when they start to run if they are almost dead ULT. I find this has worked 90 percent of the time. and the times it did not I was not used to the moves of the person I was miding against. as a side note. keep them near your tower. after the initial wave last shot or let them push. Position in mid is the key for all ganks and how this burst damage barrage will work out. I hope this helps

Killerjacky

11-25-2010

countering Trist: cooperate with your teammate and try focusing her first in team fight, Trist is a glass cannon.Ganking her in different directions sometime netualizes her escape skills. But on the other hand, counter tower hugging team with a Trist should do not do the above, coz tower diving while their teammate there would never end with killing Trist but a sure death on you. This case should keep pushing waves to make them stay under tower, and with 1 or 2 of your teammate go stealing towers at other lanes.

playing as Trist: always keep the enemy inside your range but out of their range, get a few AS items and activate Q would cap your AS and dealing horrible damage, and therefore don't use your ult unless you need to push someone, into tower/away from you or teammate. And don't jump into crowds in team fight, you will be melted. Btw, I got killed last game with Trist a few times with skills that out range your attack range(even sight range), usually these are projectiles that go straight line. So you must always keep walking left or right even you are behind your tower.