do you believe the prediction?

yes 4 11.76%
no 30 88.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think of the end of the world thing for December 2012?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gamefreak506

03-30-2011

I'd laugh it off.

*insert laughing here*

Elan Tedronai

03-30-2011

It's hogwash. And I'd bet that even those that publicly preach it don't honestly believe it either. It's just fun to stir the pot for the attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
I remember when my jehovah witness friend in high school told me about the world ending in 1994, and that a mere 144,000 thousand out of the billions of people that have lived on the planet at any time were destined for greatness.
Why 1994?

Lying Leona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

I seriously doubt it'll happen, but if it does; Bring it on.

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

I'd love to die in the apocalypse, so I can tell flags that died by heart attacks and whatnot how much fun it was.

noobynoob

03-30-2011

the world has ended 10x already in the last 10years what do u think?... ofcourse i believe...

Xnot

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
Ppl have been predicting the end of the world every few decades. I'm pretty sure 1999-2000 was supposed to be the end of the world. Also predicted to happen in the 90's 80's 70's etc.
The next ice age was supposedly goin to start in the 60's now were talking about global warming
no one ever officially predicted every decade maybe just rumors, 2000 fold was a random guess, the ice age and global warming are myths, but 2012 we're talking about Mayan, Egyptian, Greek, and many other ancient predictions who seemed very accurate and self explainable

Powerstoned

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Why 1994?
The Jehovah Witness religion would openly claim dates that the world was ending up til that time (after the last no show of armaggedon in 94, they labeled it speculative).

Of course the day after the world was supposed to end, they "realised" the error in their math and it would change it to another dozen + years in the future. I'm not sure if it's as wacky as having over 6 million current jv's worldwide and room for only 144,000(ever) in heaven.

Powerstoned

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnot View Post
no one ever officially predicted every decade maybe just rumors, 2000 fold was a random guess, the ice age and global warming are myths, but 2012 we're talking about Mayan, Egyptian, Greek, and many other ancient predictions who seemed very accurate and self explainable
Nostradamus had the anti christ becoming publicly known in august of '99 born in rome and being age 32, then 2/3 of the world dying within the next year, and 2001 was armageddon.

Xnot

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
Nostradamus had the anti christ becoming publicly known in august of '99 born in rome and being age 32, then 2/3 of the world dying within the next year, and 2001 was armageddon.
This guys words are as real as Jesus being the son of god.

Actually they are as real as god.

Random

Guess

/thread

Zenbear

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnot View Post
Note Xnot that the mayans never predicted the world would end on 2012 in fact that is merely when they ended their calendar which they did in several other calenders that already ended.