do you believe the prediction?

yes 4 11.76%
no 30 88.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think of the end of the world thing for December 2012?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Quote:
The media plays a huge role here, whipping up a frenzy of speculation. Though mostly tongue-in-cheek, it is enough to influence many gullible and/or vulnerable people. Various threats are debated: from a polar reversal of the Earth, to a global computer crash, runaway climate disaster or other cataclysm. On some talk shows, even the second coming of Christ is predicted. There are numerous hoaxes on the Internet and elsewhere, creating further confusion and paranoia during this time. Some people engage in panic buying of food, or build shutters and barricades around their homes. Others spend their entire life savings to enjoy one "last day" before the end of the world.

A small minority of people become involved in more serious activity. For these troubled individuals, it becomes almost a self-fulfilling prophecy. In their misguided belief that the world will actually end, they resort to extreme or illegal behaviour, putting themselves and others at risk. Consequently, there is a brief spike in the number of murders, rapes, accidents and suicides worldwide.

Of course, for the vast majority of rational people, the date passes without incident - and life continues as normal on 22nd December.
I think this sums it up nicely.

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDark View Post
I think this sums it up nicely.
so... it basically stops illegal junk like robbing and murder?

DaKillerKitteh

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacChicken View Post
I've already stockpiled my guns, ammo, food and water. Add my underground bunker and I should be okay. Unless the sun explodes!
Room for a little one? ^_^

Reltaur

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annenthios View Post
I really hope it doesnt happent. Its sposed to go down the day before my birthday I may never turn 22
At least its not the day before your 21st birthday.

Fropsi

03-29-2011

There is very little consensus among classical Mayan sources about dec. 21st 2012 havin any kind of significance whatsoever

gun fu panda

03-29-2011

No, because I have a brain.

Wonderbolts

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
No, because I have a brain.
fiddlesticks: "i havent got a brain. and soon neither will you"

Gazzi

03-29-2011

Apocalypse Party.

duh.

Powerstoned

03-30-2011

I remember when my jehovah witness friend in high school told me about the world ending in 1994, and that a mere 144,000 thousand out of the billions of people that have lived on the planet at any time were destined for greatness.

Blizzaja

03-30-2011

I hope it does.