Ranked... what a joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tnarg

03-31-2011

This is exactly how I feel. I started playing ranked and went like 6-2 w/l and broke into the 1300's then for the next 5 or 6 games in a row I had a team mate who went 0/x/0 during the lane phase of the game and we could recover. Accodring to info I've seen about half of all ranked players are in the 1200's, I don't see how this makes a system that will differentiate between players of different skill levels.

Tnarg

03-31-2011

whoops, double post. Didn't see page 2...

Flarey

03-31-2011

This game. lol

Yukuuo

04-02-2011

Exactly..new players who just got to 30 were waiting all their cyberlife to play ranked and when they hit 30 , they hit ranked. By doing so does not ensure their skill level but a bunch of - BUY STACKS ILL CARRY YI players or Katarina stack assassin players who think its the same as normal games.

Flarey

04-04-2011

After playing some more, I'm finding that the only solution is to not be serious to the point you are stressing out over a game, but just doing your best each time while keeping the summoners code in mind. Play your role effectively and efficiently, call mia's, assist people on your team who are having trouble, give some tips without sounding like a boss, and suggest some strategical pushes.

Once in awhile you will run into someone who is never wrong, self proclaimed #1, arguers, etc. When I come across it, I will /ignore them and still try. The elo hell is confusing and I'm still trying to get out of it, but you have to play like a team player and more defensively (yes, buy wards.)

Only play champions you are comfortable with, regardless of the composition because I would rather take a garen who's played 100games over a cho'gath whose never played before. Try to practice out each role because it's good to be flexible and be able to tank, jungle, carry, or support.

Currently around 1200's, will climb to the top eventually. target goal 1500s

Snosauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2011

First of all, it is possible to carry 4 noobs but its very, VERY difficult in a low ELO setting. Also, problems i constantly run in to besides what has already been mentioned is kids that a) Have no idea what a team comp is or b) Scream "IM PLAYING KAT MID" in champ select. The reason why a) is a problem is quite self explanatory. Point b) is quite self explanatory as well but for people who say "JUST CARRY HARDER STOP QQING!" this poses a huge problem. Every scrub loves, loves, LOVES to either take a solo lane or jungle. And the fact of the matter is that in ELO hell you CAN NOT win a game in a duo lane with random moron #4 while top, mid, and jungle all suck. It's not possible. If junglers dont gank and they fall behind in levels and they don't counter jungle or ward or take dragon then that's a huge burden on your team. Pretty much every jungle yi i've ever seen in my ELO has 0 idea what he's doing, but then again jungle or not yi's suck in this elo about 99.9% of the time anyways. Getting a solo lane or jungling as far as i can see is the only way to attempt to carry your team as hard as you can, unless of course you plan on turtling for an hour then it doesnt really matter lol. Either way, more or less every game i get in to theres nobody who can tank, and everyone wants a solo lane. So GG solo queue i guess, and the forum admins say its not broken. Hahaha what a joke. I have to give them credit though because you can't fix stupid.

Flarey

04-04-2011

At this point they might as well make the queue like WoW where you have to sign up to be a tank, support, or dps before you can go in the match.

RIP C a s s i o

04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemetåry View Post
I think i just played my last game..

Why do people think the key to winning is killing the enemy champs in lane phase no matter the cost....
Because they've been winning games where the opposing team had the same idea, but had ****tier team comp and players.

Rdubbs

04-04-2011

The **** I find most annoy ing right now in this "ranked" is that you get 1 idiot who ruins the game because they have no idea how to play or you get the person who doesn't speak a lick of english gogo riot not having seperate servers.

Also tower diving has gotten out of control. Apparently if you play an AD melee you can tower dive from innter turret to nexus turrets and walk out if there is a open hole. I remember when the game first came out when towers were FEARED! Not this bull**** we have right now where in chamption spot lights tower diving at level 1.

Flarey

04-04-2011

I find more competent players in normal than ranked. The only difficulty with ranked is mainly all the hell you run into along the way lol.