Ranked... what a joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cemetary

03-29-2011

Worse than Normal for player quality...

I got to 1500 with about 15 wins and 5 losses and since then every game ive been paired with 1-2 total dropkicks who have no idea how to play this game? I think ive lost 10 of my last 12 games due to this?

I thought all this talk of ELO hell was laughable until last week....

Can you please start coming up with a decent system to make it so these morons are not playing ranked.

aRchiBole

03-29-2011

It would be amazing if you were not penalized for people leaving or disconecting, losing elo for 4v5s gets old when low elo os full of leaver(at least every 3rd game is predetermined by leavers)!

Flarey

03-29-2011

I just recently started playing ranked, and the highest rating I got to was 1394 because I was lucky, and then I began on a win-lose-win streak due to disconnecter's, rage quitters, afkers, and people playing a character for the first time.

I wish the matchmaking system was similar to marvel vs capcom 3, disconnecter's are thrown into a pool with other disconnecter's, and negative feedback players are also thrown into a pool of players with similar types of feedback after multiple reports (5~10) this would really cut down all the bull that ruins the system.

I find ranked a joke, and my friends find competent players at the 1800 bracket. It takes a miracle to get up there with all the nonsense you have to deal with. I don't care who you are, you can't carry a dysfunctional team on your own.

Dark Panda

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarey View Post
i just recently started playing ranked, and the highest rating i got to was 1394 because i was lucky, and then i began on a win-lose-win streak due to disconnecter's, rage quitters, afkers, and people playing a character for the first time.

I wish the matchmaking system was similar to marvel vs capcom 3, disconnecter's are thrown into a pool with other disconnecter's, and negative feedback players are also thrown into a pool of players with similar types of feedback after multiple reports (5~10) this would really cut down all the bull that ruins the system.

I find ranked a joke, and my friends find competent players at the 1800 bracket. It takes a miracle to get up there with all the nonsense you have to deal with. i don't care who you are, you can't carry a dysfunctional team on your own.
Speaks da truth!

hieroakz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarey View Post
I find ranked a joke, and my friends find competent players at the 1800 bracket. It takes a miracle to get up there with all the nonsense you have to deal with. I don't care who you are, you can't carry a dysfunctional team on your own.
Well not necessarily... I mean people obviously CAN carry themselves beyond 1500, as I have several friends that have done so, it is just absurd what it requires to get there. I saw a post on reddit, where a person did the numbers on amount players in each Elo range of 200 (i.e 2200-2000, 1999-1800, etc) and what it revealed is that the player curve is outrageously steep.

The system's main flaw is exemplified through it's inability to diffuse players into their appropriate skill bracket, leaving an exceptionally diverse group in the 1100-1300 range. Currently, the 1500 Elo bracket (and upward) contains the top 2% of players, meaning 98% of all ranked players fall below that. Unless I simply don't understand the intention of the system, this seems far to restrictive for an "above average" Elo level. I don't consider 1500 to be that high of an Elo due to that fact that I have many people on my list in the 1500-1700 range and have played custom games alongside and against them, discovering time and time again that there isn't nearly as big of a difference in skill as our Elo score's would suggest. Having said that, the 1500 Elo range seems like a pipe dream for me.

I don't know if it is the developers' intentions, but it is seems to me, if players were more evenly distributed throughout the Elo range, games would be more enjoyable for all skill levels. I am going to be optimistic and assume that Riot is looking into the issue and that is the reason why there hasn't been a single response by a Riot member to the plethora of Elo-related posts on the forums. I don't purpose a solution, nor do I expect the solution to be easily attained, but I think it is imperative that a solution be looked into. The distribution of the current players in Elo is a testament to that.

TL;DR Hard to sum up. Sorry for the wall of text, only read if you care about the ranked problem like I do.

Venator

03-30-2011

The problem people have in almost all elo's is they don't understand how to do basic split pushes, and they think killing the enemies champions and being aggressive is how you win. Also 9/10 of them don't know how to farm. Solo queue will always be messed up in DotA style games because of the "carry effect." 1-3 people on your team will carry the other 4-2 to victory, no matter what elo the game is at. Therefore more people who don't deserve to go up in ranking will every game than people who deserve to go up in ranking. With a game of solo queue based off 5v5 this will always happen.

Sorry to say it, but peoples elo will always keep rising until a reset on the servers, and it takes skill of yourself, complete knowledge of the game, and leadership to lead the "bads" on the team to victory. As well as a gamble of getting someone who doesn't care/listen to ruin the game. Depending on luck, if you have aforementioned skills you will eventually come out of the "hell" depending on how much time you have to play. Honestly, it will always be around the same though.

HotHit

03-30-2011

The problem with the elo system is it was initially designed to judge a single person and allow their skill to be compared with other players. Since League of Legends is not a 1 to 1 game like Chess, this causes major flaws with how the system works. Despite all this talk about players getting high elo from luck of good teammates and players being stuck in "hell" due to the RNG, there really isn't a better way to judge a player's skill. Here are a few alternatives:

Accumulated: Players gain points as they play, effectively this is a never ending EXP bar that makes it impossible for new players, no matter how skilled or dedicated, to catch up to the 1st place person who does not stop playing. EVER.

Average K/D/A: This is a team game, meaning players have to have all roles in a team. The tank'll be pretty pissed when their constant deaths mean they're all down in the lowest ranks, with the players who think they know how to play. This ain't Call of Duty kid, go home.

Uhh... actually that's all I can think of. Runescape vs Fish person shooter vs Chess, I think I know which is preferable.

HAISAI HIBIKIN

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarey View Post
I just recently started playing ranked, and the highest rating I got to was 1394 because I was lucky, and then I began on a win-lose-win streak due to disconnecter's, rage quitters, afkers, and people playing a character for the first time.

Can't say that any better.

w4cky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-30-2011

So f***ing tired of leavers so raged

Cemetary

03-31-2011

I think i just played my last game..

Why do people think the key to winning is killing the enemy champs in lane phase no matter the cost....