Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StretchyStretch

02-16-2010

Ive tried jungling a couple times but had bad results, i just cant handle the neutrals at level one. Ive tried on amumu and yi mostly, and i know there are others, like fiddle, shaco, etc who can benefit from jungling early on, i just dont know a good way to do it.

What are some good items to start with? Whats skills are good to level first? What creep camp should i hit first? Who can take golem at level one?

I dont plan on jungling every game but i would like to be able to do it once in a while.

nicosharp

02-16-2010

it highly depends on a few things.
#1 the hero picked.
#2 your Summoner level, as masteries play a huge role. (best to wait to do this stuff until you hit lvl 30)
#3 after #1 and #2 are decided, catering a rune build to support early game farming (example: Static Armor Runes for a Jungle Rammus)
#4 Early game build - for dps champs, typically cloth Armor + 5 hp pots, or Vampiric Scepter. Rush to 700 gold with the cloth armor build, and buy a Razor(claw)

Amumu is more difficult to jungle with now then he was before, because they nerfed his tantrum damage. It can still be done, I'd suggest the cloth armor+hp pot start build to razor, and max out masteries in the defensive tree and 9 in utility for experience gain and 1 point in sustained buffs or 1 point in smite offense depending. If you grab Smite, you can kill the golem at lvl 1 with Despair and Smite, just auto attack, leave despair on and focus attacks on the golem, smite him to initiate, and pray you dont get caught. Hit lvl 2 if you solo him right then and there, and grab tantrum, then base back, heal up, and proceed to own the jungle. Try to get red buff as soon as smite is recharged, use pots as your hp dips during fights.

Etyn

Recruiter

02-16-2010

Quote:
StretchyStretch:
Ive tried jungling a couple times but had bad results, i just cant handle the neutrals at level one. Ive tried on amumu and yi mostly, and i know there are others, like fiddle, shaco, etc who can benefit from jungling early on, i just dont know a good way to do it.

What are some good items to start with? Whats skills are good to level first? What creep camp should i hit first? Who can take golem at level one?

I dont plan on jungling every game but i would like to be able to do it once in a while.

As yi I start out like this

Saph Crystal + 2 health pots

Once I get 920g I blue pill and get

Vamp staff + Dagger

At that point I can go kill neutrals.

I do not like jungling right off the bat, I prefer to attempt early ganks / demoralize the enemies in my lane. Once I am at 920g I am generally level 6 as well so I blue pill and gank / kill neutrals.

The second 920g means a blue pill and buying berserker boots + dagger

At that point I try to focus on ganking / dragon / solo'ing turrets

More often than not though, I see WW or Udry going to jungle from the start. Udry seems to do very well as a lvl 1 jungler (not tried just from playing and watching others do it)

rightstuff

02-16-2010

warwick is the easiest to jungle with at lvl 1 against golem (for me)

runes are cheap for him... just use attack speed runes all around (and before people say anything i'm talking about a pure jungle perspective at lvl 1) for a mastery i use 21/0/9 for imp smite, imp rally, and all the damage plus the extra experience.

if you take smite and rally you are broadcasting that you'll be jungling, but with the two skills it's really easy

start by buying cloth armor and 2 or 3 heal pots depending on how good you are at jungling/masteries/runes

get hungering strike for your first skill and head over to the blue golem buff guy on your side. the instant you take any damage use your potion. aside from that it's just spam hungering strike and use smite on the buff creeps.

after you kill the golem go to the creep camp in the same jungle area as the golem. you should be at least lvl 2 and your next skill should be hunters call. after taking down the blue side go straight to the red buff if your smite is back up. if you need to drop a rally to kill the lizard and then proceed to kill the rest of the neutrals. at this point you should be around 700g and lvl 3 or 4. blue pill and buy madred's razor and go kill dragon.

by the time you walk there red buff will be up and blue will be down, so when you are finished either buff steal from the other team or start ganking.

warwick is fun to play with on lower ranked games, but the harder your opponents get the easier he is shut down. good luck!

StretchyStretch

02-16-2010

Thanks for the feedback, i might try it out soon.