Best solo top/bot champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rylar D

03-29-2011

Lanewick can do it. I've yet to find a lane that Lanewick can't handle.

Seriously, he can be frustratingly hard to kill. Worse than Vladimir, if you play him right.

He's harder to harass than people seem to realize, can heal himself by a large amount, and if he's ahead in levels it will make a gank that much easier when your jungle gets around to it. I'd recommend the following skill progression: Q, E, Q, W, Q, R and from there, well, whatever you really need to do.

He works off of hungering strike so you need some mana regen. My preferred way of handling the mana issue is to get a chalice. If the enemy pushes hard, push back. If they focus on harass just play cautious at first, eventually you will have the self-healing capabilities to withstand all the harass. Ever.

It's definitely something I'd recommend trying out if all you have to do for your team comp is hold the lane.

House AD

03-29-2011

Akali is one of my favorite solo laners...good last hit ability and good escape (I run flash/exhaust). Taking shroud at level 2 gives you a good amount of zone control, or allows you to fairly safely get last hits if you're the one being zoned out. Once you hit 6 and get your Sheen (which should be easy if you're playing smart and are good at last hitting) it's pretty much over for them. At that point you can harass like a boss and gank very easily with your jungler.

My trick is running HP regen per level seals and quints...I think these are REALLY underappreciated compared to straight health. While health gives you a bigger buffer against burst damage, regen keeps you in the lane longer allowing you to level very quickly and shrug off most harassment. I've tried dodge, armor and health and none of them have worked as well for me as HP regen. The difference between having to go back to heal and being able to sit in experience range and regen (and grab some last hits too) is huge.

Narvuntien

03-29-2011

Swain, always a good laner. has CC and harass... once level 6 has no trouble clearing lanes.

I have been beaten by Sion + Irelia lane though... it was impossible.

Addendum

03-29-2011

Vlad can lane forever, just takes a few levels for him to kick in.

malphismia

03-29-2011

Just depends on the player really. I've seen vlads, mordes, nidalees, nasus fail so hard, die, and lose tower before 5 minutes. And I've soloed with Pantheon and Twisted Fate, and did decent. The trick is really to play passively till around level 4, so you can let the lane push to your tower, and where you start having a level advantage.

Don't trade a minion lasthit for a hit on you. It's not worth it.

And denyplanks are dumb if they end up losing their tower. If you're getting pushed, there's no reason to help them even more. If you're getting zoned out ,then yeah, I guess denying will help the lane push to your tower. But don't get E and start denying even before you've seen your lane comp.

iCaughtEmAll

03-29-2011

I've soloed with Amumu, it went surprisingly well, he can clear the creep waves very fast with despair, and tantrum. As long as they push the lane early, you should have no problem because Amumu isn't easily harassed.

BrotherCaine

03-29-2011

I've lost my tower early a couple of times to bruiser+support teams. They drown me in minions and heal/shield/regen my harrass. Nasty & embarressing. Should I just call in the jungler to lane or what?

malphismia

03-29-2011

^ You should just not even call the 1v2 lane. you should be in the 2v2 lane.

If I were you, I'd call the jungler or mid to gank. If they push to your tower, they're always vulnerable.

Lownak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairno View Post
nasus
mordekaiser
mundo
cho'gath
morgana
heimer
rammus (yes, he can hold a 2v1, and if i have a ww and a rammus i'd rather let rammus lane)
shen
renekton
anivia
karthus
and to some extent akali

these are the ones i held lanes with
just add Galio and im fine with it. =]

jaMx

03-29-2011

morgana, kennen, shen, mundo, nasus, renekton, miss fortune, tristana, vlad