Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patyrn

02-16-2010

Quote:
It's not... ryze with Mejai's is stupid mostly because his AP ratio sucks and he's squishy as hell.

WHY WILL THIS MYTH NOT DIE. Ryze has excellent AP ratios. His E and W both have multiple hits which make his ratios add up to at-least 1:1.

Quote:
Dont ever buy Soulstealer unless you're doing ridiculously well. Kass just risks death too much :\ Also double Catalyst into double Rod's Live it Learn it Love it

Actually you'd be ******ed not to get SS on kass. He is by far the most survivable caster out there thanks to a built in blink. I also tend to get flash as one of his summoner skills, making him able to travel incredibly far at will.

Truck

02-16-2010

Read up on Kijik's guide. Covers his playstyle perfectly.

kijik

Recruiter

02-16-2010

Only time SS is wrong on kass is if you have a horrid early game and the enemy team pretty much just wants your balls x_x;

ima bump me guide, seeing these threads gives me something fun to read, but they all say the same thing over and over again.

M3MBRAN3

02-16-2010

I have a similar build to yamikun but find that he is pretty weak up until you finish your RoA so you have to be more cautious than if you were playing with Ryze who I find is better early game.

My build order is generally
mana + 2xhp pots
catalyst
mejas
sorcerers boots
RoA
Banshees/archangel

Even with his ability to escape quickly I find RoA is essential as it gives you the ap and mana you need but also some extra added health which might just save you if you get stuned before you can riftwalk away. Mejas is really good on him too because in a team fight you can easily get multiple assists from a single force pulse.

After your core items what you get it really situational, Banshees is good against players with stuns like Annie, Ryze, Veigar, Blitz etc. whereas an archangel with your copious amounts of mana will give you 100+ AP.

Sometimes I'll even throw in a Sheen for a bit of extra damage if I need it as it's reasonably cheap.

dovvntempo

02-17-2010

Exhaust is better than clarity imo. With clarity you can harass quite a bit but it's usefulness dies down as you get more mana from RoA and such. Exhaust will save you, help you put out more dmg, get kills you wouldn't be able to without, and lets not forget...

exhaust is so useful against that scary carry on their team.

The discussion over items and such go on for pages, so I'll let those discussions speak for themselves.
What has helped me play better though are a couple of habits.

Mana
It's not only important to have enough mana to riftwalk out, it's important to have extra as well. Having enough mana to silence an enemy before he snares you could mean all the difference when your riftwalk is down.

Riftwalking used offensively

* do NOT riftwalk into a bunch of enemies. Obvious enough
* to maximize damage, position your rift in such a way as to get an autoattack in as soon as you land.
* if you're going to stack riftwalks for damage, be sure you have plenty of mana to escape, as riftwalk wil cause a hundreds of points of mana. What kills an otherwise uncatchable kass is a rift on cd or a rift that costs even a hundred points of mana too much. Stacking riftwalks is like overextending: you're putting yourself into a situation you won't be able to escape should things get hairy.
* you can extend the range of null sphere and force pulse with riftwalk. Get a sense of your "true" zone and use it to catch those unaware of it with a killing blow. Don't use it all the time though, as you don't want to condition everyone to stay too far away from you.
* in a teamfight, wade into the side and cast pulse and sphere, but don't feel it mandatory that you rift out of there. It wastes mana and you will be unable to use it for the next 7 seconds without it stacking, an eternity in a heated battle.

Riftwalking used defensively

* It isn't always the best idea to riftwalking consecutively to get out of trouble. Say you have 400 mana and you're being chased in the forest far from your tower. You have enough mana to rift 4 times if you space them so that they don't stack, less if you do.

* when escaping, riftwalking is usually enough. Don't try to force pulse enemies running after you if simply running and rifting away is simpler and puts more distance between you and the enemy.

* when in brush, enemies can see where you rifted from, but not where you rifted to.

MISC
* be quick with your combo, aiming to have it R + E + Q all at once so the cooldowns come back faster AND you can immediately move to your fleeing enemy.

* save force pulse, you never know when it will come back again when you need it.

* hide a lot. You can scout effectively using the brush safely because of your rift.

in general, ... ever seen the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson in it? Well that part where he's leaping out of the woods and tomahawking people left and right and disappearing like a ghost? Well that's how you should play Kass.

Serpentongue

02-17-2010

I've always assumed Mejai's was necessary for Kassadin. I mean, he's near invulnerable with his Riftwalk. Oh, and, flat mana regen runes suck. Per level mana regen runes overtake the flats after level 4.

ThePlumber

02-17-2010

I use AP / level for all my runes except my quints (which are flat hp)

That gives

97 hp at level 1
61 AP at level 18

Is that alright, or should I be mixing magic pen in there somewhere?

kijik

Recruiter

02-17-2010

dovvn, I need to play with you sometime and see you play kass, your grasp on how to play him is incredible now, kudos man ^_^

oh and @the guy asking about the HP quints and ap/level runes, magic pen runes are fine and dandy and all, but really is rare for a team to stack enough MR to the point where you need them, usually Sorc Shoes/Void staff/Masteries are good enough.

M3MBRAN3

02-17-2010

Quote:
ThePlumber:
I use AP / level for all my runes except my quints (which are flat hp)

That gives

97 hp at level 1
61 AP at level 18

Is that alright, or should I be mixing magic pen in there somewhere?

I always prefer magic pen runes over AP. It's easy to get AP from items whereas the only magic pen that you can always afford is boots and then void/abyssal if you're lucky.

dovvntempo

02-17-2010

thanks kijik, but I think I'm probably so-so with him nowadays. Easy to describe what to do... but hard to put it into practice. That's why I gotta make him my main again.

too many champs to play...