So, Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

I recently bought and really enjoyed the playstyle Kassadin offers, and would like to learn how to play him better.

Runes : For reds I use magic penetration, for yellows flat mana regen, and for quints and blues I use flat Ap runes.

Masteries : 9/0/21, getting Burning Embers in Offensive Masteries.

Summoner Spells : Ignite/Clarity : with improved clarity you can help your team a ton, and ignite does considerable damage + healing reduction and gives 10 AP while on cooldown. Esp. useful early game.

For items, I start with Amp. Tome and a healing potion. With runes and clarity, I rarely run out of mana. Then I build it into Soulstealer and then get either Sorc's shoes, or if they have lot's of CC, Mercury Threads. Then if I am doing well, I build Lich bane, if we are doing not so well, Rod of Ages. If it continues this long, I either get some survivability items, or go for Zhonia's.

Skill priority : R Q E W

Any tips on how to improve from more experienced Kassadin players would be appreciated.

Crazymtgplayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-16-2010

Dont ever buy Soulstealer unless you're doing ridiculously well. Kass just risks death too much :\ Also double Catalyst into double Rod's Live it Learn it Love it

Outside of that...use boots of mobility so you can be everywhere 24/7 and you're good after that.

ps. Clarity is just meeeeeeh

Laue

02-16-2010

So far I have the feeling that Soulstealer is mandatory on any caster. Gotta try that out tho.

CoVi

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laue View Post
So far I have the feeling that Soulstealer is mandatory on any caster. Gotta try that out tho.
It's not... ryze with Mejai's is stupid mostly because his AP ratio sucks and he's squishy as hell.

h3w0

02-16-2010

Always start with sapphire gem and 2 health pots, to be made into a catalyst (which will be a rod of ages or veil depending on how the game is going).

Atleast take flash as one of your summoner spells. It makes an already impossible to kill champion that much more survivable.

Soul stealer is a must.

Tubesteak

02-16-2010

I've adopted a #1 rule for playing as Kassadin...

Never, *ever* teleport into a group of 3 or more. You're far better of walking in behind your void ball and force pulse. Then use the teleport to either get out or to chase down/finish a runner.

As for items... start with Doran's Ring, build a Catalyst, build a Mejai's, finish Catalyst into RoA, then figure out what you need. If they have a lot of AP champs themselves, buy an Abyssal Scepter. If they have big hp tanks, get a Deathfire Grasp (just remember to use it). If they go *really* hard MR, get a void staff. You can never really go wrong with a Lichbane or Archangels or Vonya's. All depends on how the game is going.

ChaoticHypnotic

02-16-2010

IMHO, AP Runes are a waste of space. AP is too easy to get from items.

I would go with:
Marks -> Magic Pen
Seals -> Dodge
Glyphs -> MR or CDR
Quints -> Magic Pen

As Kassadin, try to lane against Karthus, Mundo, or other champions who spam lots of abilities and feed your Force Pulse.

BlindBanshee

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVi View Post
It's not... ryze with Mejai's is stupid mostly because his AP ratio sucks and he's squishy as hell.
I'm gonna have to disagree. The Mejai's not gonna be helping anyone much if they're dying and if you get a couple early kills with Ryze when you have this it's plain ridiculous. Just play it safe and gank the **** out of pushers and Ryze is sweet. Always get Soulstealer when I play Ryze.

Laue

02-16-2010

So i tried rushing RoA, and it really helps me to be MUUCH harder to kill. Though damage output is lower if you are doing good, it doesn't drop if you are doing worse either, which is nice. And boots of mobility are really nice for rushing across the map. I have mixed feelings about Lich Bane though, it's great for chasing and stuff, but in team fights it's rather risky to use up it's proc.

Yamikun

02-16-2010

Ok kassadin is my most played champion so i throw in my oppinion.

Lets start with summoner spells. Forget flash u will escape one or two dire situations MAX.
I usually go with exhaust and either cleance or ignite maybe teleport if u want to gank a lot.

Reasons for these choises:
Exhaust: It can help u get some early kills and it can blind some annoying enemies later on.
Ignite: Kassadin has a lot of damage and with this build u don't start racking AP till later in the game so an extra dmg spell is good
Teleport: U can move faster between lanes to gank.
Cleanse: They stun u? U cleanse laugh and blink out :P

U can weigh these spells and decide which suits ur playstyle better. ^^

Runes

Red: Magic Penetration
Blue: CD reduction
Quints: CD reduction or Magic Penetration
Yellow: whatever u feel like putting there dodge maybe

Now keep in mind that u must farm a bit for this build and be aggresive as hell (aggresive not stupid if u know u can kill AND live do it otherwise play it safe)

Start with the blue gem and as soon as you can make it into a catalyst. Then make a second catalyst. At this point u don't have to worry about mana if u are rational (i mean don't start void walking around 5-6 times just to kill creeps.

The thing with kassadin is that he has a very big damage output without much AP up to level 11-15 depending on the enemy team (if they get hp items early etc)

After the two catalysts u can make boots (Again depending on the situation u can make the Magic penetration boots/ Magic Resistance boots or the armor boots)

After that make a mejais and then start gathering money to turn your two catalysts to two rod of ages or 1 rod of ages 1 banshees

Most games won't get that far but after that you can play around in anyway u want. if u have farmed 20 stacks on mejais u can make a rylais. Walking around with 3600HP almost 3000mp 400ap and flash on a 3 second CD makes u unstopable.

If the enemies stack Magic resist make a void staff or if they don't u can get a lichbane since u can make every hit HURT or if the enemy team has many casters and u still don't have one u can make a banshees or a frozen heart if they have many melee dps.

Just remember that with two catalysts u regen a lot of health and mana per level up so if u should pay attention to ur xp bar. If u are almost lvled up and an enemy thinks he is safe next to his tower with less than 50% hp (talking about squishies) go in kill him get the hp/mp from regen do a little victory dance and blink out :P