Akali or Warwick

Akali 22 55.00%
Warwick 19 47.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Akali or Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2011

I am summoner level 19 should I buy akali or warwick?

PaperKut

03-28-2011

Go with ww.

monDschatTen89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2011

Both

Gostro

03-28-2011

Well depends what you want. You want a ninja or a upclose and personal fighter like warwick? To be honest Warwick is waaay more easy to play then Akali. I play lol now for some time i am lvl 30 on euro, lvl 21 on US server and i only bought Akali like 1 month ago. Warwick is your basic upclose fighter with incredible lifeleech and his ulti speaks for itself. You can even play him as tank if you want, with the right items ofcourse.

Akali on the other hand for one is getting used to her energy instead of mana. The reason i say that is because unleashing her moves is a bit getting used too her energy regen. She is not your basic melee fighter wich you slap bloodthirster and good to go. Also i found you need to tinker a bit with your masteries to get her going at the start of the game. You can take improved ignite to give +10 ap when its on cd wich is like all the time, and with runes you can activate her passive for the early game. But all in all i get most kills with Akali, it takes a bit of practise but she is fun as hell to play.

Yannae

03-28-2011

imho its Akali all the way.

1. WW is mostly jungle-only, whereas akali can jungle (not as good as ww though), sidelane 2vs2, sololane 2vs1 and mid (/top) 1vs1.
2. with akali, you usualy get at least one kill at lvl6, but with a laningpartner who brings some cc (slow/stun/taunt), it can be easy to get one very early. WW jungling presses the other team into defensive playstyle all the time (except for when he is visible at the other side of the map), so ganks CAN be a little rare due to that.
3. WW has no defense-mechanism but is a little tougher all around, whereas akali has her shroud and -in some cases- her ult to escape. additionally you mostly have one additional spellslot (yes i know, ww can jungle without smite, but he is way slower that way) which can be used for flash/ghost. and (!) akali is not as squishy as the other stealthy champs which makes oracles have a lower impact on her survivability (but then again, that comes partly through my choice of runes and playstyle and to a lesser extent items).

ww just isnt so much fun for me. his main-part in the game is early to mid-game, but in the endgame he is imho reduced to his global as-buff and his ult (which is very nice indeed). Akali excels at early- to near-endgame but loses a bit in the very end and is reduced to pure squishy-killing (which is a quite important niche).

ldfhndfjkndh

03-28-2011

I love Akali with all my heart, and have over 50 ranked games with her.

But I'm gonna have to go with Warwick.

He fills a much more important role than Akali. Just like tanks or supports, not many people can, or are willing to, jungle. Meaning, many times you will find yourself in teams lacking a jungler, which is where you come in.

Akali is a very situational champion. If the enemy team has a lot of aoe damage or is tanky, Akali is useless. I usually pick her as a counterpick to an enemy team comp, say if they have 2 or 3 squishies on their team. I'm talking about ranked games, of course, but in general, the reasoning still applies.

And as a run-down of each champion, Warwick is your average joe melee dps and probably the safest jungler. Akali is a straight up assassin, and can sometimes carry games with her spammable burst.

Iron Nomad

06-17-2011

this is not mentioned yet
warwick is a really strong laner too if he starts with dorans ring u can harrass but he will just q back to full hp

Epsilon2012

06-17-2011

At Summoner level 19...You won't have the Runes to activate Akali's Passive at level 1, and she will be weakened overall by lack of runes more than WW would...

Kikhan

06-17-2011

Go with WW he is viable in most games.

Akali does not bring as much to a team. She is a strong pick against a squishy team.

Yosihro

06-17-2011

Go with Warwick i guess. If you think you can handle Akali watch this video and you will be able to handle her really nice and good. Warwick is a recommended champion so you might have better luck with him than Akali. And he can also do very good in lane. And yes this is a Phreak video. This is how i learn how to play Akali. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8UjQ_hYfh4