third champion (tank) what should i get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yesimazn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2010

im looking at poppy or sion right now.

my main is fiddlestick. i use him extremely well
my second is twitch. im okay with him. needa learn how to run better
my third one i wanna be a tank. but i dono which one to get.

ive been playing games agaisnt poppy and sion i think these 2 are great defesnive champions that hurts enemies a lot.

Gathriel

02-15-2010

thats cause they are dps tanks .

pure tanks are like alistair
dps tanks are like sion and poppy
ap tanks are like nunu and amumu

etc...

Darkmana

02-15-2010

Alistar and cho'gath are great.

Djynn

02-15-2010

Yep, Alistar and Cho'Gath are fun.

Blitzcrank can be played as "softcore tank" also and if you want to you've got a fun-to-play Melee DPS.

quad2408

02-16-2010

Tryndamere ofc, played well he is a nigh unkillable tank with ult and e, he has an op slow and an 800 hp heal and he hits like a truck. What more could you ask?

TurkeyBaconSub

02-16-2010

I prefer the fast paced fun and make your enemies go wtf.

Singed is a blast to play. If i'm not in the mood for the in your face throw you at tower eat some poison cloud type play i plug in Nasus.

SaiBot

02-16-2010

Alistar is the right choice if your a try hard

bobthegood

02-16-2010

If my memory serves the breakdown of tanks are (more or less) as follows:

High tier tanks: Alister and Malphite
Both are "tanky" in the traditional sense as well as being very strong initiators.

Average tank/dps: Nasus, AD Sion,
They contribute a respectable amount of dps and can take enough hits to not roll over. Also, because they are threatening in respect to their damage and their physical size/appearance, they will draw aggro.

Average tank/AP: Amumu, AP/Tank Sion hybrid, Chogath, Singed
Their spell combinations can be bursty, they have respectable or better stuns (Singed's slow/fling is fair disable), and they all tend to have high hp. Their real shortcomings lie in their cooldowns. When spells are on cool down, their damage drops down to pittance and no one will target them. They are all solid to play (if you play them well) but aren't considered high tier.

True Tank: Rammus
I call ramus the true tank because he has the perfect blend of mobility (he can get to teammates quickly), survivability, initiation power, and ability to pull aggro (in both the literal and figurative sense). He is both good on paper and in practice but is probably more skill intensive than most of the other tanks; perhaps because of this he is considered not high tier? I have seen him absolutely wreck in the mid-high elo bracket but is generally played by poor players in mid-mid and lower elos.

Blitzcrank: Blitzcrank
Really, he is his own category. He is less a tank and more a tough initiator with burst and a little sustained dps. The most common build I see on him is Tri-Force, which leans into a hybrid style of play. If your team's main tank lacks initiating abilities, blitz is a very good choice as an offtank/initiator.

02-16-2010

Ok if you want a good tank who can deal out some damage, I say Nunu or Taric. I go taric personally because he can take hits and run with his heal. Nunu is pure AP tank which is good. By the time you lvl up to 6 or so, you should have a lot of health(if you invested wisely). I go with Taric but thats me. Bottom line, I say go Taric or Nunu great choices, but different styles of play.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

02-17-2010

Just because no one mentioned him I think Ill mention Gragas. He is anologous to Blitzcrank in his teamrole, doing a bit of damage, a lot of tanking and some great positioning/CC.

Cask can fail however, so unlike Blitzcrank you really need to be in melee to always get people where you want them. Fortunatly, Gragas can take a ton of punishment.

If you like Mundo and Blitz, you could check him out.