You're going far in this field 0 0%
Original 9 50.00%
I've seen this before/could be better 2 11.11%
Go back to school and keep learning 1 5.56%
Get the Flip Out, Noob 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Suggestion] Malerna, the Crimson Knight

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousosmart

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg7777 View Post
Indeed, a great suggestion. Though my intention was to have a hybrid character that doesn't resemble a nidalee mechanic, I do see your point. However, I do like the idea of being a major facet of the character. So yes, I will get rid of the health determining her mounting, but as per the ultimate being the mounting function, I think I would rather allow it a level 1 so as to have the user determine her build. (Either mount for dps or dismount for tank)
Sounds like a good idea. You could have this Champion have no ultimate, but be able to level her skills 6 times each like Karma.

Hmm, I wonder if I could come up with a Champion who has that setup... some sort of nomad...

jrg7777

03-29-2011

Redid her abilities.
-Her innate no longer determines whether she is mounted or not, and the bonuses for this ability have been reduced from 25% to 20%
-Shield Block has been replaced with Bodyguard Bash, whose cooldown has been increased from 12 seconds to 15 seconds
-Bloody Charge now has a cooldown of 15 seconds, reduced from 20
-Into Canter/Bodyguard Bash have been replaced with Dismount/Mount, which now determine when she is mounted as determined by the user

jrg7777

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousosmart View Post
Sounds like a good idea. You could have this Champion have no ultimate, but be able to level her skills 6 times each like Karma.

Hmm, I wonder if I could come up with a Champion who has that setup... some sort of nomad...
That sounds like an idea, which actually might work, considering my original concepts had a lot more abilities while I simply could not think of an ult. Maybe I'll make an alternate, so they can be compared side by side.

jrg7777

03-29-2011

This build has no ult and four abilities. Each ability can be leveled 4 times; therefore, she has all her abilities maxed out at level 16. This is an alternate build. Keep in mind XX-XXX represent numbers that scale with the ability's skill level.

As this is an alternate, I will not be posting any edits to it.

(Innate) Rider of Noxia

Every XX movement speed gives Malerna X additional armor.

Crimson Reaver/Whirling Strike

(Active) Crimson Reaver

Malerna aims at a target and juts her lance into it, dealing XX damage + 60% attack power.

5 second cooldown

(Active) Whirling Strike

Malerna swings her sword in an arc in front of her, dealing XX damage + 40% attack power to every enemy in a cone in front of her.

5 second cooldown

Bloody Charge/Bodyguard Bash

(Active) Bloody Charge

Malerna will charge a certain distance in a straight line, knocking any foes in her way to the side. If there is an enemy target where her charge stops, that target will receive XX damage + 120% of her attack power.

15 second cooldown

(Active) Bodyguard Bash

Malerna takes her shield and smashes all enemy targets in a cone in front of her. The attack deals a total of XXX damage + 45/50/55/60% of her ability power to targets in the cone, distributed evenly among all those targets. If there are 3 or less enemy targets in the cone, then they will be stunned for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds as well.

15 second cooldown

Dismount/Mount

(Passive) Dismount

Malerna's base movement speed increases by 10/15/20/25 while she is mounted

(Active) Dismount

Malerna kicks into Killer's sides, forcing him foward into a full canter for 3 seconds. Her base movement speed is increased by 25%. In addition, Killer runs through enemies as if they were not there, dealing XX magic damage to each enemy. This effect cannot occur on the same target more than once. After 5 seconds, she will halt in place and dismount, Killer jumping off the screen. By activating this ability before it ends, Malerna will instantly jump off. Upon dismounting, all enemies in a certain radius of her will suffer 75% of her ability power as magic damage.

12 second cooldown

(Passive) Mount

Malerna's base armor increases by 10/15/20/25 while she is dismounted

(Active) Mount

Malerna calls out to Killer, who will jump on screen. All enemies within a certain radius of her will be knocked back as Killer pushes them away. Any enemies that are pushed against impassible terrain will be stunned for 1 second. Malerna takes 1 second to climb unto Killer; if any crowd control ability is used on her during this time, she will fall off and Mount will be canceled.

12 second cooldown

Ferocious Jump/Guardian Leap

(Active) Ferocious Jump

Malerna kicks Killer to jump at any enemy or ally within a certain radius. If the target is an enemy, it is dealt 10% of her attack power and 10% of her ability power, ignoring 25/35/45/60% of the target's armor and magic resist.

10 second cooldown

(Active) Guardian Leap

Malerna jumps for 1 second to an ally champion within a certain radius of her initial position, grabs it, and jumps them both back for 1 second to her initial position. Any attacks or abilities targeting the ally champion since the time of activation will be redirected to Malerna.

10 second cooldown

Cozarkian

03-29-2011

Told you I was new, I had no idea about Nidalee. You are right, definitely too similar as the ultimate.

I like the new mount/dismount mechanic. With dismount I'm picturing Malerna doing a backflip off of Killer, equipping her shield mid-air and slamming it down on the ground for AoE damage (or maybe an AoE stun instead?).

That actually gives me an idea on a variation for the ultimate. How about (Ultimate) Dismount with an AoE stun? This would force Malerna to start mounted, but still let her control when to switch to tank mode. To make it different from Nidalee, rather than a toggle, after the cooldown, mounting could be automatic. This would add an element of skill where Malerna wants to rush an enemy when Killer jump backs to get the stun.

This would also work well as a Karma-like 4th active (because there doesn't seem to be a big need to level the Ultimate), providing additional variation from Nidalee.

Oh - and since you added the movement/armor bonuses to the mount/dismount active, you might need a new Innate.

jrg7777

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozarkian View Post
Told you I was new, I had no idea about Nidalee. You are right, definitely too similar as the ultimate.

I like the new mount/dismount mechanic. With dismount I'm picturing Malerna doing a backflip off of Killer, equipping her shield mid-air and slamming it down on the ground for AoE damage (or maybe an AoE stun instead?).

That actually gives me an idea on a variation for the ultimate. How about (Ultimate) Dismount with an AoE stun? This would force Malerna to start mounted, but still let her control when to switch to tank mode. To make it different from Nidalee, rather than a toggle, after the cooldown, mounting could be automatic. This would add an element of skill where Malerna wants to rush an enemy when Killer jump backs to get the stun.

This would also work well as a Karma-like 4th active (because there doesn't seem to be a big need to level the Ultimate), providing additional variation from Nidalee.

Oh - and since you added the movement/armor bonuses to the mount/dismount active, you might need a new Innate.
Yeah, the innate does seem a bit too similar to the passives...I'll change it to something both can use, since each one only benefits once. As per the dismounting, I was thinking more like just side stepping off, kinda like we do in real life (I ride horses, so I have some experience...), but a back flip sounds way cooler. I'm trying to stay away from AoE stuns because 1) considered cheap by the community and 2) Bodyguard Bash does that. Granted, she only stuns in tank form, but a stun is a stun. Plus, the mounting itself can potentially stun a target if knocked against a wall. However, I agree with you on the ult, and actually, you've give me an idea for changing it. I'll do it a bit later.

jrg7777

03-29-2011

Another rework of her abilities:
- (Innate)Rider of Noxia no longer applies 20% movement speed increase while mounted and 20% armor increase while dismounted; instead, every XX movement speed Malerna has increases her armor by X.
- (Ultimate)Killer's Frenzy has been changed: rather than Killer lose control while Malerna still rides him and allowing this ability to be canceled at any time, she now flips backward a distance determined by the location the player clicks away from her (with a minimum of XXX and a maximum of XXX). The distance traveled by Killer is equal to the distance Malerna flips away from him, and the further the distance, the greater the damage done. Malerna counts as dismounted afterward.

jrg7777

03-29-2011

Thinking about it now, having two charges seems kinda superfluous. I will probably change Bloody Charge.

jrg7777

03-29-2011

Re-edit:
-Bloody Charge (Malerna will charge a certain distance in a straight line, knocking any foes in her way to the side. If there is an enemy target where her charge stops, that target will receive XX physical damage + 120% of her attack power. 15 second cooldown) has been replaced with Ferocious Jump (Malerna kicks Killer to jump at any enemy or ally within a certain radius. If the target is an enemy, it is dealt 10% of her attack power and 10% of her ability power, ignoring 25/35/45/60% of the target's armor and magic resist. 10 second cooldown)
-Bodyguard Bash has had its cooldown reduced to 10 seconds, down from 15 seconds, and its stun time to .5/.5/1/1/2 down from .5/1/1.5/2/2.5

jrg7777

03-29-2011

Actually, I might prefer Guardian Leap (alternate list) over Noxion Duty. What do you think?

123456 ... 9