Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No more Ryze guides w/out CD reduction Ploxxx

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucidlore

02-17-2010

Quote:
nicosharp:
You are playing a champion that has 1 quasi support skill, in a sh%tty snare - Rune Prison. If you are focusing on Survivability and CDR, you are just a ****py support champ, that can do marginal burst. You would be much better off playing Janna/Zilean/Morgana/Kayle in this fashion. Not pointing that out, would be close minded.

And where exactly do you get your assumptions from ? I doubt its from personal experience. This is what i'm trying to point out. People who dismiss a maxed cdr build are often people who have never tried it. My cdr/survivability build has around 200 ap before unstable power. This may be half of what most other ryze run, but i find that my burst is still quite adequate, and most importantly, i live long enough to cast multiple cycles of my spells, often casting his ult twice in a team fight.

I've played glass cannon ryze. This is after all the most intuitive build to play. Hes a spell caster with lots of burst so stack more ap ! Except that against competent opponents who correctly single you out as a threat, he rarely lives long enough to get off 2 spells after activating his ult.

At the end, it might just come down to preference. My preference is to be able to take hits and cycle his spells through 2 casts of his ultimate. This has worked extremely well for me, and i like to think that i play against relatively capable foes. All i want is for you and those who share the same mindset as you to TRY the build. If after that you still prefer your glass cannon build, then i have nothing to say as it is down to a matter of personal preference. But until then, yes you are close minded.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

02-17-2010

the build you are touting people try will not be fleshed out until 45minutes at least of game play. It takes a good amount of time to farm with Ryze, and longer if you are focused primarily on HP/Mana items. Ult + Spell Flux can wipe a lane, and you can get blue buff quickly with ult up, but you still take time to farm. Once you have your build to be a decent force in late-game battles, it matters less. As by then the fact that you can tank 3.5k damage, means a lot less. CDR Tank is awesome.. I played a 60min game last night that we lost cause we got completely pushed, but dam did I do a lot of damage and could spam spam spam while surviving full team volleys from a beefy fed premade. Still I did not help my team in the early game because the build was too slow and did not help my team push and quickly decide battles. He's not the character you want to be focusing on a late game with. His late game is good, but in a game of 25minute surrenders I think this is a bit out of focus.

Also everyone I play I feel is competent. You need to use crutches to your advantage in team battles. Of course if you go AP, you will be the first target whether you arrive late or early. Use it to your advantage and bait. Use AP to your advantage and force them to build MR items and slow down their overall damage output. It is all a dance, where the people that win are typically the ones that can burst the other team down in one swift mid-game battle and push the first inhib. I tend to go more tank if we have bad team initiation, or other champs that benefit from high AP. This will still force the opponents to have to build MR items, yet I can survive and burst them a bit before the high AP champ comes in to do the real damage. Hopefully that will take enough focus off the non-tank ap champ on our team.