Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question regarding bandwidth use :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kugz

02-15-2010

Hey guys, hoping someone could help me out with a quick question.

I was curious as to how much a game of LoL would be using (say a 45 minute game) bandwidth wise. Whether it uses a lot of upload/download as we're having difficulties pointing out who in our house is chewing up all our bandwidth

Would just like to eliminate LoL as a suspect

Kugz <3

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-15-2010

Unless you have extremely limited bandwidth, I don't imagine that League is really eating up too much. There are a bunch of free network monitoring tools you can grab, just google search bandwidth monitor.

http://www.bwmonitor.com/

Kugz

02-15-2010

Ta

I used that program and while nothing else was open (No MSN/Ventrilo etc, just LoL) throughout the game it ranged from 40-130kb/sec. To me that doesn't sound right, but if that is right wouldn't that be a little drastic for a game like this? :S

80kb/sec average X 45 minutes = About 250mb worth of data being sent...

Don't suppose anyone else could check their readings as well?

We share an internet connection and 750mb for 3 of us for one game, on any internet cap (in australia) is a bit much.