How to deal with ryze.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somafera

02-15-2010

I just don't know, he doesn't even need a lot of AP to pretty much two shot majority of heroes, getting mercury+veil lategame doesn't help at all since he can just use cage first, its pretty ridiculous making a surprise jump on a very low hp ryze and instantly dropping from 100% to 0.
Heroes like sivir and morgana can deal with him somehow, but what about the rest? I can't really afford anything that's not veil for pure dmg heroes or i won't be killing ****.

bc87

02-15-2010

I want to say this...

you're new.

bc87

02-15-2010

Btw, might I add that someone on your team might be feeding Ryze?

Magic resist really does help.

It really does.

If not, stun him and gank him quick.

Or gank him when he's during cooldown.

Somafera

02-15-2010

Well, as i mentioned i usually get mercury boots+banshee veil, and both give magic def, but its nowhere enough.

And well, feeding always happens, but ryze doesn't really need all that gear to do insane dmg.

sainthero

02-15-2010

get more magic resist then. nothing wrong with that. like force of nature and a guardian angel. ryze is no good after his combo of spells so he can only go so far in a game.

Diddums

02-15-2010

If he pops his ulti run away

SmecssRaege

02-15-2010

In a 1v1, ryze will basically blow your magic resist out of the water unfortunately

His spell flux (the bouncing ball) does a -15 MR debuff

couple that with sorc shoes (extremely common) and a probable 10 magic penetration from runes

and you are looking at losing 75 MR when he drops overload on your head (+whatever remaining damage the rune cage might still deal)

So yes, the key to ryze...is more or less, in crowd control, or in a quick bursty death

Ie:

Veigar: Great ryze counter, much longer ranged stun, and his ulti will chew ryze up.
Soraka: Heal to counter the damage, and long silence
Kassadin: Good spike DPS and long silence
Chogath: Decent spike of damage + LONG aoe silence
Fiddlesticks: Silence + Fear

etc etc.

gun fu panda

02-15-2010

Play a caster and/or get flash. He's a beast 1v1, not much you can do about that as a physical dps character.