Nocturne discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

03-24-2011

Hello,

I really love the new champ Nocturne and would love to talk shop with other people who play him. I love to continually tweak builds/runes to try and reach the most min/maxed play possible. Here is the build I've been using lately to good effect:

Runes: ArP Quints/Marks, Dodge seals, 5 Flat CDR glyphs, 4 per/lvl mana regen glyphs(no built in mana regen in spec tree).

Spec: 21/9/0 Getting Sorcery x4 and AS x1 but standard damage tree(both + damage to minions) and armor 3x/nimbleness in defensive.

I find that he's pretty squishy and the dodge/nimbleness helps late game. The extra armor/dodge from defense helps the early jungle a bit also.

I have just been jungling with him and am only really interested in jungling on him.

I find even the above spec performs better than the champ spotlight spec and would love to hear other peoples ideas/specs. I've also ran him all AS runes and it was ok. I just find the 31 ArP from runes/masteries to be really important for the first gank.

Thanks in advance!

Neokenfu

03-24-2011

*bump*

K ten

03-25-2011

His ult should not cancel out other global ults. TF's ult is unusable during as well as shens you can't even click on the portrait to teleport.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

I noticed that you don't have increased experience gains. If you're in the jungle, you need to at least keep up with the 2v2 lanes in levels, and without increased exp, that will be difficult. I use my Udyr page to jungle with, which has a combination of attack speed, armor pen, armor, and mana regeneration. If you use dodge runes, you're killing Blue Golem at level 1 purely by chance, which is why flat Armor is typically prefered over dodge. Now, if you're not going after Blue at level 1 then dodge works okay as you're likely to have enough damage and HP by the time you do go after him to make up for the lower armor.

jaMx

03-25-2011

i stopped using dodge and switched to armor because it is a safe more efficient rune set up for early jungle, also i would like to recommend trying to go 21-0-9 because the extra 15% buffs/experience buff is very important to being a successful jungler

Onslaught87

03-25-2011

Is his 120% passive counted as a crit that will proc the IE passive? I'm trying to figure out why everyone has an IE for him in a build in lieu of 1 or 2 bloodthirsters

Gato Muerto

03-25-2011

My personal preference is to go with a 1/18/11 build, and start at the enemy's wraiths with a Vamp Scept.
I have ArPen/Armor/AttackSpeed/HealthQuints
Jungle path is: wraiths (smite), wolves, wraiths, minigolems (smite), go b (Cloth, 2 health pots), and start at blue and work through my side of the jungle again.
I end at level 5 w/ enough health to gank and both buffs.

At the very least, it disrupts your opponent's jungle (rare to see an opponent start at their own wraiths), or gets you a little more exp (and cash) if there is no opposite jungler.

A Cute 8 YO Girl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught87 View Post
Is his 120% passive counted as a crit that will proc the IE passive? I'm trying to figure out why everyone has an IE for him in a build in lieu of 1 or 2 bloodthirsters
The answer should be obvious especially taking in account cost efficiency. No, his passive does not count as a crit, but IE offers a lot of crit and increased damage which is great for an assassin. Most people also have wrigglers for life steal anyway and stacking bloodthirsters is hardly a good idea, especially on an assassin character who is sure to die a few times depending on game length.

seandkiller

03-25-2011

I personally take 9/21/0, I like being less squishy.

Neokenfu

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
I noticed that you don't have increased experience gains. If you're in the jungle, you need to at least keep up with the 2v2 lanes in levels, and without increased exp, that will be difficult. I use my Udyr page to jungle with, which has a combination of attack speed, armor pen, armor, and mana regeneration. If you use dodge runes, you're killing Blue Golem at level 1 purely by chance, which is why flat Armor is typically prefered over dodge. Now, if you're not going after Blue at level 1 then dodge works okay as you're likely to have enough damage and HP by the time you do go after him to make up for the lower armor.
Nocturne jungles well enough without exp runes to be 1 level under the solo lanes. Its not imperical but experiential evidence but it's held true for me.

Killing blue at level 1 is pretty dumb imo and causes all kinds of tactical issues for the jungle.

I kill blue pretty easily and quickly at level 2 with smite off CD. The issues I'm having are maintaining more than half life after killing red(at the end of the first set, before repops). I find that with my current ArP marks/quints, dodge seals, and CDR/Mana per/lvl glyphs I don't have enough left in the tank to gank before recalling.

Thanks for the input. Since I posted this I have been trying flat armor seals and see little/no difference from the dodge seals.