solo lane vs. ap sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legult

03-25-2011

So how does one do it without being zoned or killed?

As far as I know his stun duration doesn't scale, so at rank 1, he can stun you for two seconds, detonate his shield on you, and waddle back before serious harm can be done. Not crying that he is OP, but generally how can I combat this?

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Beat him after he does the combo.

Try taking champions that can block the stun, if you block the stun(spellshield, vlad pool...etc.) then you can easily avoid the shield(or pop it, alternatively) and beat his face in while those are in cooldown.

Sion suffer from mana problems before buying a bunch of mana items, so if you just bring a few hp pots, you will be fine.

1v1 you can easily beat Sion at lv1 and early levels because you can use potions to heal back his combo damage easily. Although that depends on what you use(Xin Zhao comes to mind in blowing up the other solo lane in every situation).

Oh, and you should fight for the brush; you need to be in it so you see him charge his shield and break it immediately if you have nukes, or run away for 8 seconds.
No matter how pro he is, he cannot instantly kill you if you are at full-hp, and if he only takes his stun and shield, he is worthless with those two spells on cd; take that time to kill him or get his hp down a bit more.

Ensign Drej

03-25-2011

Or beat on him before he can use his combo.
I dominated an AP Sion as Renekton with my own combo. I'd dash out of a bush, stun him, Cull the Meek, and dash back out. He was next to useless without creep farm or any kills.

Lancefighter

03-25-2011

his shield has like a 4s timer from when he casts it to when he can explode it. Break his shield before he can break it on you. His shield is also his farming tool, his defensive tool, and his zoning power. Hes actually not scary when his shield is down.

If you cant do that, you should probably switch with someone who can

Unparallelogram

03-25-2011

Well, for one, don't send a melee champ solo vs Sion. With possibly the exception of Xin and similar.

As a ranged champ, poke him hard whenever you can. If he starts charging his shield, either break it before he can explode it, or back off if he can't. Make him waste the mana. If he charges it and runs at you, he won't have enough time to detonate it before you can run. Just his stun alone is not much harrass. When he has no shield, poke hard.

Epsilon2012

03-25-2011

---If your Ranged...then just harass him, he can't heal himself/hit you without getting close...unless he has Flash...so try hanging around your tower so he won't tower-dive early game.

---If your melee, and not another Sion, then call in a Ranged Teammate, or a Jungler to Gank him.

beradical

03-26-2011

break the shield, or just steer clear, lol.