Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guide: Ryze, God of Thunder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
02-16-2010

I have now won 7 normal games in a row with this build, and I don't even have good runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jumex

02-16-2010

I've been playin ryze for a long time now and while a lot of people advise getting tear-> AA staff, I dont feel like it is the best option. I started playing ryze using it, but moved past it. Sure, the extra mana adds a lot of your Q, and the mana regen helps a little bit, but midgame when people start to run around ganking you want to have more health and survivability.

Depending on team makeup my general item build is:

rush catalyst
merc treads
soulstealer if opponents are a little foolish
if against heavy dps: glacial shroud and RoA
if heavy caster/disable: Banshee's
if game is still goin, get a zhonya's or Rylai's depending on the stitch

Since I don't always get CD redux gettin golem buff is pretty handy, also you won't need any lame mana regen with golem buff

Sometimes if I get a soulstealer my next item will just be a gaurdian angel followed by rolling the opponents and additional AP items if I get the chance.