Buy retail game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybergoblin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

I already have an account I created online and downloaded the client.

If I purchase a retail box version am I able to easily implement a code or something from it to recieve the free characters that come along with said purchase?

If I already have a toon on my account that I bought individually - and I buy the retail box and it duplicates that toon - what happens?

Thanks for the info!

kabreras

02-15-2010

Good question i wonder too !

BigBouncingBob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2010

For the first part of the question; yes, if you by either the collectors edition in store or the digital collectors edition on steam there is a code you enter to bind it to your account.

As for the second question, as far as I can tell, if you bought a Hero & then buy a character pack then you just payed for a hero twice. There are no refund, no discounts, partial refund, not even a free skin or some sort...you juts paid for a Hero twice with out any bonuses or pluses. Unless they are changing this policy, which I hope they do, it's one of the main reasons I'm not buying anything until that issue has been dealt with.

Cheers!
-BBB >^.=.^<