Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Buy retail game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybergoblin

Recruiter

02-14-2010

I already have an account I created online and downloaded the client.

If I purchase a retail box version am I able to easily implement a code or something from it to recieve the free characters that come along with said purchase?

If I already have a toon on my account that I bought individually - and I buy the retail box and it duplicates that toon - what happens?

Thanks for the info!

kabreras

02-15-2010

Good question i wonder too !

BigBouncingBob

Recruiter

02-15-2010

For the first part of the question; yes, if you by either the collectors edition in store or the digital collectors edition on steam there is a code you enter to bind it to your account.

As for the second question, as far as I can tell, if you bought a Hero & then buy a character pack then you just payed for a hero twice. There are no refund, no discounts, partial refund, not even a free skin or some sort...you juts paid for a Hero twice with out any bonuses or pluses. Unless they are changing this policy, which I hope they do, it's one of the main reasons I'm not buying anything until that issue has been dealt with.

Cheers!
-BBB >^.=.^<