The absolutely cheapest most useful runepages for new players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dondy

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
One could argue that, by level 30, you would have realized how pointless Teemo is to his team compared to other champions that fill his role better and wouldn't waste one of your pages for his specific needs.

To the OP: Fairly nice. Not necessarily what I would go with for basic pages, but they're not technically bad, cover a wide range of champions, and are inexpensive which is what the point is.
first, i disagree with teemo beeing useless - esp. since he got buffed really nice (used to main him when he was craptastic) he's good on either map and gives map control and map control is good

there are just alot of bad teemo players

what would be interesting tho how t1 runes compare to t3 runes for usability.
f.e. would it make sense to get all t1 armor seals and try to jungle?

how does t1 desolation compare with t1 dmg/as ? (yes t3 deso is better but t1 doesn't make your autoattack do "pure" dmg to alot of creeps :/ )

flat hp t1 quints are kinda pointless - they don't even cover a autoattack

and to the guy who started this thread: you said no rune that costs 850 ip (or more) - but your quints are obviously more expensive then that >o>

also, mr/lvl is more usefull on more heroes since some (nunu) don't get any mr per lvl

i wouldn't encourage anyone to get mana reg runes because you can easily itemize for stronger options or get blue buff (additionally they aren't generic enough)

otherwise good intention is good

Larson McMurphy

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
This is a very narrow-minded "cheat" sheet. By level thirty, you should know which champions you're best with, and should be able to put together a rune sheet specific to each one. With Teemo, flat attack speed and ability power per level are the two big ones I aim for. They don't lose their potency later in the game, and really shine once Rylai's Crystal Scepter is obtained. If you're not familiar with Teemo, Toxic Shock adds damage and a poison effect to normal attacks based on ability power.

tl;dr: By level thirty you better not need a cheat sheet to tell you how to play.
Magic penetration is actually better for teemo than ability power because the the ratio between the base damage on his spells (especially his shrooms) and his ap ratio is very high. In other words, even though he has good ap ratios, the base damage is so high you're still better off with magic penetration.

Dakonblackblade

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondy View Post
first, i disagree with teemo beeing useless - esp. since he got buffed really nice (used to main him when he was craptastic) he's good on either map and gives map control and map control is good

there are just alot of bad teemo players

what would be interesting tho how t1 runes compare to t3 runes for usability.
f.e. would it make sense to get all t1 armor seals and try to jungle?

how does t1 desolation compare with t1 dmg/as ? (yes t3 deso is better but t1 doesn't make your autoattack do "pure" dmg to alot of creeps :/ )

flat hp t1 quints are kinda pointless - they don't even cover a autoattack

and to the guy who started this thread: you said no rune that costs 850 ip (or more) - but your quints are obviously more expensive then that >o>

also, mr/lvl is more usefull on more heroes since some (nunu) don't get any mr per lvl

i wouldn't encourage anyone to get mana reg runes because you can easily itemize for stronger options or get blue buff (additionally they aren't generic enough)

otherwise good intention is good
This is so much work. Point is , something is better than nothing.

GeorgeC

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson McMurphy View Post
Magic penetration is actually better for teemo than ability power because the the ratio between the base damage on his spells (especially his shrooms) and his ap ratio is very high. In other words, even though he has good ap ratios, the base damage is so high you're still better off with magic penetration.
As far as runes go, there aren't any decent sources. I would rather use attack speed marks, and it's a secondary glyph. Besides, it's a flat amount and wont scale well.