Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When do you stack dorans?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GarnetJewel

03-25-2011

seems like only blade is worth stackin

Evochron

03-25-2011

I play TF with 1 of each doran or at least until I see what my team needs. Great survivability and general stats for hybrid characters.

Suuperdad

03-25-2011

I've seen Shen stack Armor in high level replays. I'm sure Malphite stacking Doran's Armor wouldn't be horrible.

I saw HotshotQQ stack Doran's Ring on Tankplank. I'm not sure how common something like that would be though, most casters want to rush rylai's, cap or RoA.

Something Snazzy

03-25-2011

Stacking shields works great when you lane against pokey AD characters. If Shen takes solo top against Cait, for example, a couple of shields are nice. Stacking rings makes sense on a squishier support character like Sor. I'm not a fan of early lifesteal since it means you are either pushing a lane or not getting much life back due to only last hitting. Plus, 3% just does not seem like that much unless you stack at least 3 swords. If you do grab a couple swords, make sure you are a ranged character. That way you can either push and ping the tower or poke the enemy for life.

ForeverLaxx

03-25-2011

Well, your thread title asks when to stack Doran items, but your post says that only the Blade is worth it. Obviously, your post and your title don't ask for the same information, and the following posts reflect the confusion.

As per your title, you "stack" Doran items when you're getting zoned out of your lane or taking more harass than you're comfortable with, AND you're also coming up short on gold for key-item components. Ashe, for example, might buy a Doran's Blade or two if she's getting zoned out of her lane and can't farm for a BF Sword.

Now, each of the Doran's items can be effective when stacked, assuming you do so intelligently. You shouldn't pick up more than 2 of the same one, sometimes three, but any more than that and you're just putting your main items back too far and you're not scaling into the game properly.

The additional HP and whatever perk the individual item itself has aren't exactly weak for the price you pay.

Cenerae

03-25-2011

Support champs have a good reason to stack Doran's Rings. They shouldn't be doing much farming. The rings are cheap, and very cost effective. 3-4 rings and boots still leaves them a slot for warding early game and makes them tanky with decent ap for low cost. Casters having a bad early game might get an extra ring too.

AD carries might stack blades if they're having a bad early game, or if they score an early kill and have to recall, but don't have enough to buy any big items. In which case they get an extra blade or two to help secure their lane dominance.

Shields are rarely stacked.

Fatalend

03-25-2011

Quote:
When do you stack dorans?

Maybe 1/20 games.

It all depends on how my farm is going