Champ Comparison. Sivir/Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llEscaflownell

03-25-2011

Alright so i am a relatively new player. been playing for about 3 weeks now and i got some questions/problems at hand. alright so first off is that i used asher in order to get Enough IP to get Sivir and i started playing with her and can do OK with her ill usually have a steady Kill/Death Ratio and i can gank okay with her. but im kinda of tired BEING ganked with her. thats not to say that i am not appreciative of what Sivir can bring to the table if the Team is supporting and if she is Built well. but i was thinking of trying Shaco and ive been hearing that he is EXTREMELY squishy and hard to play. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

The main question is: Should i stick with Sivir until i find a new champ or play Shaco and see how i do with him?

I would like people to post a comparison b/w the two and anything else that could be helpful.

TY.

Eledhan

03-25-2011

Unfortunately, Shaco and Sivir cannot really be compared because they are completely different play styles.

If you're really only 3 weeks into your League of Legends career, I would recommend sticking with the free champ rotations until you find one that you want to experiment with some more. Then you could purchase that one. But right now, your exposure to team comps and tactics is so limited, that you really need to branch out with the free champs before purchasing one with your hard-earned IP or cold cash.

Slide

03-25-2011

What Eledhan said.

Stick with the free/cheap champs for a while.

Sivir and Shaco cant be compared as they fulfill completely different roles.

What are you running on Sivir? One of her benefits is that she is very difficult to gank. What level are you? Runes? Masteries? Do you grab an early level of spellshield (which is very important).

Sivir is a very strong champ and is one of the few "true" or "hyper" carries in the game. I think wed be more help to you improving your sivir play/build then anything else.

Shaco is a very unique champ. He is a VERY strong ganker and jungler, but is more suited to teams that know how to work with him.

Sivir, with enough farm, can pretty much win a game by herself. So Id say stick with her for now, lets imrpove your strats/build and see where that can take you.

ViSiOnInG

03-25-2011

new players..... should learn tanks/support lawl. janna/taric/shen/cho.

Sivir is not a good beginner hero because she is very weak in lane, WHILE... needing to cs well. and neither is Ashe because.... she is also fairly weak in lane and has to last hit well, and has no survivability. positioning/farming is very important with range dps, which new players tend to fail in.

Also... buy wards if you are getting ganked. so you can react(run) faster.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Yeah, I was confused at the choice of comparisons. REALLY different champions.

Strange that you are running Sivir at all without knowing all of the other champions by having played them on free rotation. I assume you essentially ignore Spellshield or only use it on whim/luck. Sivir with Clairvoyance is NEVER ganked. Ever.

Still trying to get used to people calling Sivir a carry. Used to be one of few people who played her, and people called her "weak support, insane push" back then

FaerellG

03-25-2011

Like others have said, the comparison will be off.

That being said, I picked up sivir early on and I feel that she will be more educational to you as a new player.

She teaches many important attributes of LoL gameplay, things that Shaco players ignore because it's not their job.

Remember, destroying the Nexus (and subsequently towers in the way) is the primary objective. Playing a ganker like Shaco does not make towers and lanes your priority. Sivir's gameplay focuses on pushing.

A lack of good escape mechanisms (spell shield is only used once per gank attempt really and it's a survival tool not an escape) on sivir will also force you to learn map awareness while Shaco's ability to have a mini-flash + invis will only teach you to rely on that to escape ganks. Sivir will teach you the importance of wards and thus map awareness to avoid ganks.

Playing Sivir taught me the importance of the following skills:
Pushing
Leveling/Farming
Team Fights (as a ranged/melee carry)
Ganking
Map Awareness

Shaco doesn't really push, he can get away with being under-leveled a bit, and he doesn't require as much map-awareness as he can escape ganks much more easily.