Tear of the Goddess on Singed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King0fDawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-25-2011

Hi everyone, I've been playing singed for quite some time now, and would say I'm pretty decent with him. I have in the past only used rod of ages + sorcerer's boots build, and I've been wanting to look into some other builds.
I recall reading somewhere that tear of the goddess would work well with singed, as his passive gives him health from mana, which turns spell casts into health. My question is this, should I change my build to tear of the goddess > sorcerer's boots > rod of ages, or tears of goddess > sorcerer's boots > rylais?
In a standard game, I wouldn't farm too well and will get rod of ages at around the 22 minute mark, so adding another 900 gold before that would set me back quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it would be good to get RoA anymore.
Any other item builds/suggestions would be welcome, as I'd like to try some different builds, thanks

Cirefy

03-25-2011

The 1000 mana from the tear equals 250 hp, less than a giants belt which is 110 gold more and you need it for rylais anyway- not really worth it.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

I would say do not get tear it would set every thinng back to far. Mana is never an issue and what he gets from the passive really isn't significant. Generally building around passives is a bad idea they are juts more bonuses to make a champ more well rounded. Singed never really has an issue with HP it is more mitigation that he needs to buff through items.

King0fDawn

Recruiter

03-25-2011

Yea, I just tried a game where I had the tear and started getting rylais. It seemed I was quite a lot squishier as opposed to getting RoA, since the hp/mp/ap thing seems to all work really well.
Thanks for the input, would you guys suggest any other builds on singed? Or should RoA be core for him in any case

Cenerae

03-25-2011

I don't actually like RoA on Singed. While yes, you get a ton of hp off it, I prefer to just leave it as a Catalyst and work on a Rylai's instead (later upgrading the Catalyst to a Banshee). The Rylai's allows Singed to be Singed. I can't imagine trying to play him without it. :/

King0fDawn

Recruiter

03-25-2011

Ahh I could probably give that a try and see how it goes, how soon should the rylais be out by?
I usually go RoA and then force of nature for the MS and MR, which really helps his survivability/chasing. Rylais is probably the last thing I get if the game isnt over yet :S

Kikhan

03-25-2011

I rush RoA most times I might get negatron cloak or chain vest before finishing it depending on my opponents. After RoA I build armour or mres usually both. So heading into late game I am usually sporting thornmail and Force of nature or BV. After those I start Rylais for my last item it depends on what is killing me. If it is mres then I do the other of BV or force of nature whichever i didn't build. For armour depends again on opponents something like Randuin's synergizes well also sunfire cape.

YourRoleModel

03-25-2011

I see a really good singed get two rods of ages... he just wrecks with him and I don't think I've ever seen him have a bad game, even in the games we lose. And when we do lose it's usually because the guy didn't play singed.

I'd think though, after getting 2x rods of ages, boots, rylai's... why not get a tear and turn that into a manamune or archangels?

Singed's ulti makes him hit fairly hard physically, but, I thin kthe archangels would convert all the mana you already have into tons more AP, and it would just keep going up as you cast spells and farm later in the game.

Tokinatoor

03-25-2011

Only works with W, E, R (no Q)

Generally considered a noob item for singed.

RoA, Rylais, Frozen Heart, FoN and Rabadons are my personal 5 favorites for singed.

(usually go mercs if they have 3 or more stunners)

420 speed with ausome CC resistance is better than 437 speed with 0 CC resistance imo.

With Frozen heart you will almost always have ghost or R ready.

Use your skills to catch people. 17 speed is not very good.