Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Manamune/Triforce on Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

03-25-2011

Quote:
Shosuko:
Gah - I tried tri force on gp and I wasn't impressed. Looking at that chart, I can see why. I built it after everything else. I guess triforce is one of those good early items that sucks late, and I'd rather get on with my late game build and leave early game fights to other champs while I ks with my ult and farm farm farm.

Tri force is weak for parrrley because it doesn't add any of the base parrrley damage again, only your base attack. If you crit it crits for parrrley's base attack too, which is a biiig difference.

The point of getting a Sheen/Triforce is that it adds a fair amount of reliable damage to your Q. Later once you crit reliably the boost is relatively small compared, but if you want to have a stronger early game it's a fantastic choice. No good critting for massive damage if you only have a 20% chance to crit, right?

Triforce also provides some crit, a bit of survivability, and an on-hit snare that are all nice things too.