Manamune/Triforce on Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kwjnfkjsdg

03-25-2011

many GP players go straight crit the whole game, but i feel like they will be lacking in many areas in doing so. of course, crit is important, but i feel like these two items have their own incredible benefits for gp.

manamune - lets me get the early game mana i REALLY need. i'm constantly spamming parley and raise morale, which eats up tons of mana. it's also a good followup item from tear, which is amazing early game for gp.

tforce - mainly for the massive sheen proc. i believe it's like ez's Q in that it applies on use. base damage+150% extra is basically the equivalent of an IE crit. the movement spd also helps him with his mobility/kiting, and gives him a healthy, needed boost in health.

my question is, is it good to get these items first? i usually get manamune, cd boots, triforce, inf edge, then stack cloaks, and build phantom dancers out of them.

TL Frolo

03-25-2011

chalice is usually better for him then manamune and triforce is a very strong late game item
critting off of a parley with already boosted damage from triforce is insane

Slowdown

03-25-2011

Don't build anything else but FOTM fail builds else you will be flamed by 10000000 8 year old kiddys!

Don't use your brain and never try anything else but FORM fail builds or you will be flamed by all this wannabes in this forum!

Biside this the common 4 * Avaric Blade **** is the most useless stuff you can do as you are useless for the first 45 minutes of a match and even more useless later when the enemy is smart enought to buy 1 Dorans Shield.

So anything else >>>>>>>> the normal standart noobstyle build.

PS: don't care about kiddy style downvotes

Larson McMurphy

03-25-2011

Trinity force is actually an excellent item for gp. I've done the math and will post my charts upon request. If you rush it, it'll give you overall better damage output than the similarly expensive IE. My games with gp just never seem to go as well if I don't rush trinity force.

As far as mana goes, chalice always seems like it delays my build too much. If you have mana regen/level seals you may not need any mana item, but you'll have to choose between denying and harassing unless you buy a lot of mana potions. If you're rushing triforce though, the mana boost from sheen will help out. I usually play with teleport so I never worry too much about mana regen. Manamune doesn't really sound like a terrible idea, it is on the recommended build after all. But if you can go without any mana regen, you'll build into more offense earlier if you can skip it.

kwjnfkjsdg

03-25-2011

yeah i pretty much confirmed that triforce is a definite must. it's basically infinity edge and 100% crit and then some packed in a cute little package.

why chalice, though? manamune gives me some good attack damage most of the game since i dont get any real attack damage until infi edge. it gives me good progression of attack. i also do this with ezreal and corki.

and @Slowdown the reason why anyone's gna downvote you is because your entire post was borderline incomprehensible. so many questions to ask, but i won't bother since your answer will most likely be just as obnoxious and incoherent.

Slowdown

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
and @Slowdown the reason why anyone's gna downvote you is because your entire post was borderline incomprehensible. so many questions to ask, but i won't bother since your answer will most likely be just as obnoxious and incoherent.
Well, I don't play normal builds. I know my builds work. But I too know, I WILL be flamed anytime someone did a realy stupid action. It's a fact . That's why I sound so **** angry!

Like Tiamat+Manamune on MF or GP.
Do you know, that both Qs get full benefit of Tiamat splash? Ever seen a 250% crit AoE Q from GP/MF?

If activ played and not just auto attacking both eat mana. So you realy want manareg. Both can use any additional AD. Manamune is manareg AND AD.

But sorry if this sounds harsh ... you WILL be flamed by 10000 brainless monkeys :/.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Triforce is basicly critting every time (all your doing is Qing if you didn't build surivivability), its stupid not to get it if you go AD on gangplank, yes I just called pretty much 99% of gangplank players stupid, escpecialy those who don't get their deny first.

Captain Rakowski

03-25-2011

Could someone explain the math behind why rushing Trinity is better/worse than, say, rushing IE?

kwjnfkjsdg

03-25-2011

why would you rush a youmuu's? i don't get it. an early brutalizer seems reasonable, but rushing a youmuu seems unreasonable.

and honestly, i really now think that tforce should be rushed. chalice is probably a better alternative to manamune, but the tfroce proc is just too good to pass up on gp. if not, at least get a sheen first, then ie. because sheen basically doubles your Q damage, which is essentially 8 avarice blades packed into one cheap item (that'll also really help your burst if u find yourself locked in a 1v1). tforce also has a bunch of other really nice stuff that gp wants.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

After early game denying just the extra mana from sheen should be plenty for all your mana needs through the rest of the game. I do not rush Tri force but usually finish it mid game. Sheen early hits almost like a BF sword. I build pieces of Tri-F, Youmuu's, and IE depending on how my income is going. Unless I get and early 1800g before going back I usually do avarce blade, sheen and a zeal. Then I proceed to get a BF sword and finishing the other items usually holding off on Ghostblade till last to get as much out of the avarice.