Looking for some advice/guidance on runes X_x

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

02-14-2010

Hey all

Ok so, i was a huge player in beta, and back then, crit dmg runes basically reigned supreme as "the go to" runes.

Well, so far, come launch, I've picked up 9x Greater Furors and 2x Quints of Furor ... and I'm kind of regretting the decision and wishing i had gone for armor penetration instead -.-;

But at the same time, switching now seems like such a huge waste after investing OVER 9,000 IP into crit damage -.-

Should i switch over to armor penetration for my physical dps'ers now, or should i just bring up my Magic Pen reds (currently at 2x t3 7x T1)

currently my 2 rune pages are:

For Melee (Primarily: Ashe, Sivir, Occasionally Tristana and Master Yi ... and i've thought about picking up tryndamere or shaco or pirate again since they used to be heros i liked in the past, but just don't play much anymore)

Currently: 29% crit dmg, 28mp5 @18, 33 health @1
Red: Crit Dmg (Furor)
Yellow: Mp5/lvl (Clarity)
Blue: Mp5/lvl (Clarity)
Quint: 2x Crit Dmg (Furor) 1x 33hp@1 (Fortitude, because i dont have 3rd crit dmg yet .. was gonna be my next buy)

Tanks and Mages (Although I RARELY play mages, 1 in 10 games probably maybe less) (Primarily: Alistar, Malphite, Rammus, Blitzcrank, Occasionally Teemo, Morgana, Annie, Soraka <who i avoid playing now cuz of Exec's calling being a 1300 gold instagib)

Currently: 97hp@1, 28mp5 @18, 5.6 magic pen (work in progress >_>)
Red: 2x T3 magic pen, 7x T1 magic pen (Insight)
Yellow: Mp5/lvl (Clarity)
Blue: Mp5/lvl (Clarity)
Quint: Hp @ 1 (Fortitude)

any insights or advice wouldbe greatly appreciated >.< kinda confused on what to do XD

Chaoticon

02-14-2010

You wasted a lot of ip, the heroes you play don't really benefit from crit damage. The three you want to "pick" up however benefit greatly from crit damage. Tyrndamere, shaco, and gangplank.

SmecssRaege

02-14-2010

Ashe does have her passive, giving crits more often if you use them to try and harass but is maeh

But it's kind of in the way i build them for getting to a high crit asap

Ashe:
Philo's Stone
Boots of Swiftness (Sometimes Zerkers)
Infinitys
Start popping Elixir of Agility for the rest of the game
(Now sitting at 60% crit @ 2.8x dmg)
Executioner's Calling (75%)
Zeal (80%)
Last Whisper or Finish Phantom Dancer (100% crit)

Sivir:
Chalice
Sorc Shoe's (Been experimenting with this, and it actually adds a HUGE punch to boom blade)
Starks Ferver
-- And then its the same as ashe starting at infinitys onwards

And i know this isn't optimal way to play these characters, but it does work with the extra crit damage received =/

SmecssRaege

02-14-2010

ugh scratch tryndamere off that list...i just played him first time since the "change" < which you might as well call ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION OF WHAT ONCE WAS A FUN HERO!

wildfire393

02-14-2010

Crit Damage is still the "go to" on any hero that has guaranteed Crits (Ashe, Shaco, Pantheon) or genuinely benefits from stacking a couple of Avarice Blades Early (Tryndamere, Gangplank)

Cloudphobia

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Crit Damage is still the "go to" on any hero that has guaranteed Crits (Ashe, Shaco, Pantheon) or genuinely benefits from stacking a couple of Avarice Blades Early (Tryndamere, Gangplank)
how about master yi? (after armour penetration)

he doesn't have a guaranteed crit yet lots of people still recommend crit dmg

Shirokuma

The Council

02-14-2010

I run crit damage / magic pen in red and quints, hp/lvl in yellow, and magic resist/lvl in blues.

Other suggested runes to have on hand would be armor pen reds, dodge yellows, and movespeed, armor pen, and +HP quints. Might be other worthwhile ones, but none I can think of at the moment.

wildfire393

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudphobia View Post
how about master yi? (after armour penetration)

he doesn't have a guaranteed crit yet lots of people still recommend crit dmg
You get more DPS for the buck going Armor Pen unless you go Avarice Blades, and those are suboptimal on Yi. You could fill in you Blues and Yellows with Crit Damage, but their values are fairly low, so you're better off going something primary with them (Mana/5 to avoid having to get a Meki, Cooldown Reduction, HP or MR/level, etc).