Akali runes/first item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legult

03-24-2011

I'm just wondering what sorts of rune setups are preferred by more experienced Akali players than I. she seems a bit unique with her passive that I might need a page specific to her (annoying, and IP expensive ><).

Is it best to get her AD active through runes so I can jump straight to a tomb or boots + pots at start? Or is it better to go with M.Pen/AP rune setup and buy a sword for the passive? Seems the longsword means one have to go for Phage -> Triforce, but Lich Bane seems much better for Akali. Did I just answer my own question, or is there some point to getting a long sword first on Akali?

Sorry if this is common knowledge/answered elsewhere in a mountain of other topics.

Ichikaze

03-24-2011

Get a doran's blade and why the hell are you building phage on her? you want sheen > lich bane,i used to have a single AD quint before doran's blade was changed but now its cool.Go 9/21/0 btw.

Gouki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=8

Follow this guide #1 akali player out there.

Aikimiller

03-25-2011

+1 for that guide, it knows what it's talking about. Although I personally have never really liked guardian angel, but then I've never really been good at running away with akali, so it never really helped me that much.

I personally got both passives activated via runes at lvl 1, but I also like to jungle with her and so it's more or less mandatory. This has the advantage of shoring up her weak early game laning a bit. But getting just flat AP runes for +20 and 2 points of AD from masteries + dorans blade will also get you both at lvl 1, and a fairly decent starting item. Also, if you're taking Ignite as a summoner spell, the mastery for it gives you +10 AP while it's on cooldown, which is a decent trick if you can't afford the runes for her; it does mean you want to open with ignite, rather than keep it in reserve though.

Call Mee Maybee

03-26-2011

I follow that guide almost exactly (I've never actually seen it before) except I use dodge seals and run 21-9-0 so that I can take nimbleness and take full advantage of the dodge.
Doran's sword first item is laughable on Akali btw.

ozzatron

03-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
Doran's sword first item is laughable on Akali btw.

Really? I usually run doran's blade first, whats the disadvantage?

malicus

03-27-2011

I'm probably going to get some dislikes from saying this but akali's damage passive isn't necessary. I normally ignore it and just go with an amplifying tomb so i can get her other passive although i normally start with it b/c of runes then i rush rylai's buying boots in between the belt and wand and then i go lich bane and if necessary i either do rabadons (more damage) or rageblade (more tower pushing)

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2011

When I jungle (or even just laning) with Akali, I only get the spellvamp passive with 9 flat AD t3 marks; and get flat armor seals + flat hp Quints and per lvl CDR glyphs(I find having CDR not entirely necessary early on because it does not make a huge difference due to akali's low cooldown). +2 AD from mastery, ofcourse.

Started with tome to activate the magic damage portion of the passive because it builds into either sheen or rylais(unlike cloth armor, which builds into almost nothing I need early game).

So really, the flat AD runes are all you need on runes(flat armor is also good to have; and it is cheap).

Doran's blade is a terrible starting item for Akali since there is very little need to autoattack continuously (and no one is going to let you just push and do nothing about it).

Oopsie Bear

03-27-2011

I start with doran's blade, and personally i think its a great start for her. The life steal on it is pretty laughable, but it gives you a nice health boost, a bit of damage, and assuming you can get one point of damage elsewhere, it will activate her passive, which gives you a nice bit of spell vamp. Generally after that I build sheen and follow it up with rylai's. I honestly believe this is one of the strongest starts for her especially if you want to use your runes for something besides activating her passive. flat AD runes are not at all the strongest, and akali really isn't anything special pre level 6, so buying a doran's blade, which gives you health is not a bad idea at all. You can also look at guides on leaguecraft. GirlStar's guide is what got me started with akali, and nearly every game i've played on her i end up with some ridiculous score.

Edit: And yes, lichbane is worlds better on akali than phage and trinity... I have however had a game last so long that my AD item ended up being sold... and i replaced it with infinity's for kicks...

Call Mee Maybee

03-28-2011

To me, Doran's blade is made for champs that auto attack a lot. Akali is not one of these champs. IMO, you are much better off getting Tome and rushing soulstealer or rylais.