Blitzcrankage - (verb)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimusPolak

03-24-2011

good evening ladies and gentleman, my question to you today is while cranking that blitz as a tank in ranked, what summoner spells are most useful?

Last few games i have been running Ghost / Clairvoyance, and i have deemed it very effective,

I have tried running ignite, but it seems to pale in comparison to the utility i get from clairvoyance.

Exhaust is nice when other team is heavy ad, but otherwise clair still ftw.

Wut do you use?? wuts most effective?

Lucid1llusion

03-24-2011

Ghost is overkill, especially if you take Shurelyas Reverie first. I like CV and Flash or Flash and Exhaust. Occasionally i'll go tele when I solo.

Exhaust is not for you to get the kill, it buys time for your team to make it to the guy you just grabbed. Do not use it unless you are ganking or initiating a team fight and happen to pull a right clicker.

Daikaze

03-24-2011

I like Ghost and Exhaust. Ghost let's me maneuver effectively and Exhaust is just good for saving teammates. I like to run a support-tank Blitz so movespeed and the ability to hinder the enemy is essential.

ZOMGTURTLE

03-24-2011

I typically play AD Blitz, but I like running Cleanse/Exhaust. I find I don't typically need Ghost, Overdrive is already a nice speed boost. Exhaust is just my personal preference for being able to help shut carries down or get early kills before I have Overdrive to keep up with people.

Other Summ Spells I'd contemplate are Flash (for Flash Grabs), Teleport, or CV.

OptimusPolak

03-24-2011

hrmmmm i have yet to try AD blitz actually, the most i go for that is sometimes running a manamune for sick deeps if i get a FB or something =) . Hows that word for you? Wut items do you get and what order? Blitz is by far my main by now, so much fun playing with him.

OptimusPolak

03-24-2011

btw right now i run a 9/21/0 mastery setup.. is this standard? even when getting clair? cuz that buff in the utility line would be nice but the defensive sacrifice seems steep.

ZOMGTURTLE

03-25-2011

I have a lot of fun with AD Blitz. My masteries, I tend to run 12/18/0, improving my crit chance, exhaust (helps on those FB attempts), CDR, MPen and ArPen in offense, then survival talents in defense. I run ArPen marks, dodge seals (been considering replacing these), CDR glyphs and flat health quints. These let me be a bit aggressive early to shoot for some kills and assists. Blitz needs them to fire off this build.

So far, my best luck has come rushing tear (and hopefully all the way to manamune, unless you're dying and need to grab some survivability), grabbing boots between tear and manamune, then it all changes based on how I'm doing and what I'm up against. Lots of AD coming at me? Glacial Shroud. Lots of AP? Negatron into Banshees. Lots of both? Buy chain vest and negatron cloak, then upgrade whichever I'm getting beat on more from there. Or, my personal favorite: I'm not taking much damage at all? Sheen. Then the rest of Tri-force, how and when you see fit. If you got Tri-Force as your third item, you're a pretty big threat, and probably have to build some staying power, and should refer to the previous list.

I don't often get much beyond this far in games. It's a moderately expensive build, and that's 5 items right there. As I've said, though, Blitz is very flexible. I've had games with all AD where I built Manamune - Glacial Shroud - Thornmail - Frozen Heart - Atma's. I've had games where I've been lit up by AP and got Banshee's, QSS and another Neg Cloak (was probably gonna become FoN). Games I'm owning, I look to a PD for more of everything an AD Blitz wants.

It's a very flexible build. On the best of days, I put out some serious hurt with it (I got a quadra earlier today, doing much of the damage). On the worst days, it just becomes a tanky Blitz grab/uppercut/silence bot.