How to Jungle Tryndamere - Extremely Detailed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanIHazUrElo

03-11-2011

Tryndamere Jungle Guide Video Below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_7wFuXYSaU

How long did this guide take to make? About 9 hours XD!

-----------------------QUICK LOOK----------------------
Summoner Spells
Ghost, Smite (Cleanse, Smite - Cleanse for anti gank/focusing late game. Used mostly for getting into battle and getting out of it-situational)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Masteries
Offense: 22 (Pick up improved smite, all critstrike & crit damage chance, more damage to minions, more AD, everything else in the video (0:50-1:23)
Defense: 0
Utility: 8 (You won't have enough points to place in extended buff times. If you want that then sub out some offensive masteries. I suggest taking one point out of offensive mastery.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Runes

Quints: 3 Malice (Crit Chance)

Marks: 9 Malice (Crit Chance)

Seals: 9 Malice (Crit Chance)

Glyphs: 9 Alacrity (Attack Speed)

Skill point order:
1 -Q
2 -W
3 - Q
4 - W
5 - E
6 - R
7 - Q
8 - E
9 -Q
10 -E
11 - R
12 -Q
13 -W
14 - E
15 - W
16 -R
17 - W
18 -E
Item sequence:

1 - vampiric sceptre (Keep until you can get a bloodthirster)
2 - 5 health potions & ward
3 - Berserker's greaves
4 - cloak of agility
5 - pick axe
6 - BF sword
7 - Infinity edge
8 - Zeal
9 - Phantom Dancer
10 - Banshee's veil or Thornmail

-----------------------DETAILED LOOK----------------------

Hello my good friends and to everyone else watching for the first time. This day, this very day, well not really because you will be seeing this in the future while I am talking to you from the past! It's almost like time travel. Welcome to this Tryndamere Jungeling Guide! Yes, you have heard that correctly. It's not too popular but I was influenced to try it out when I saw it for the first time and our team got wrecked by this Tryndamere.

Let's get on with it! I'll take you through the masteries page which I am kindly fond of and I tested out others including a more defensive masteries page but this one works the best for me and I feel I can jungle more efficiently and hopefully so will you be able to. Make sure you pick up smite and awareness as a must with tryndamere, I pick improved ghost because I enjoy chansing enemies down or having that extra boost to get away.

Let's dig deep into this masteries page. Obviously you're going to want to get smite, if you try to jungle without it then you won't be able to keep up in level. The 3 points in deadliness is obvious, you get 2% more critchance, 4 points in Aclarity is definitely needed for attack speed while jungeling, you'll be able to crit more often. The socery is there because tryndamere is definitely a cooldown champion so in the jungle is may not be needed so much but let's think about later in game. You're going to need that whether you are trying to get your mocking shout up while chansing or trying to get away by spinning through a wall. You sunder should be fully leveled up so you can pierce the enemie's armor more easily. The damage you deal to minions is increased by 4 with offensive mastery. I just got 1 in brute force because I needed to use the points more valuably in utility. But finally full points for lethality and havoc. Overall with this mastery page you're going to need to play very aggresively and you'll find that jungeling with tryndamere is a piece of cake!

The utility tree is obviously going to include awareness which is what every jungeler needs to get that extra level sooner for a heal and a new or improved ability. I put 3 in good hands and not in perserverance because for one tryndamere has no mana, so this means do not ever get clarity with tryndamere...unless you're playing an aram game. I like to use ghost so pick that up if you're wanting to chase down enemies more quickly! Which you all may know and if you don't I love to chase people...and then kill them.

For runes I go for crit strike chance and attack speed. I grab 3 greater quints of malice giving 1.86 crit chance each, 9 greater marks of malice giving .93 crit chance each, 9 greater seals of malice giving 0.42 crit chance each, and finally 9 greater glyphs of alacrity giving 0.64 attack speed each. In total you'll have 18% critstrike chance and 5.7% attack speed from your rune page.

remember the masteries page for deadliness? You're going to have 20% critchance total because that mastery gives you max 2% crit chance and your attack speed is also increased with the mastery alacrity by 4% giving you 9.75 attack speed.

Now to some ingame footage. The first skill you should get is your q “bloodlust” next purchase a vampiric sceptre. The reasoning behind getting your q first is that it helps you crit more on minions and it goes nicely with your beginning 20% crit chance also you'll be able to heal yourself back up. The vampiric sceptre helps you stay in the jungle longer with higher health. Why not get cloth armor and health potions? Because you don't really need them for the early jungle.

Head to the wraiths and sit as far as possible from them, you're only going to want to use your smite on the blue wraith then immediately walk over to the double golems. Don't attack the wraiths in the beginning, they will destroy your health. Start attacking the golems, notice how your health is maintained with your crits and at around the 2 minute mark you should be finished with the golems. Go ahead an get your w skill next mocking shout. You don't want to be tempted just yet to use your spinning slash because it will take out an unwanted chunk of your health. Go back to the wraiths and finish them off. Notice when every time I finish a full stack of bloodlust I press q to heal myself back up. You don't need to do it right away because you may get ganked and having your bloodlust stacks going will help you counter a gank. Move across mid lane to the wolves and use smite on the large wolf first. Once you're finished with the wolves teleport immediately to the fountain to buy 5 health potions and a ward. Level up for q bloodlust as your 3rd skill in the sequence. Ghost as fast as you can to blue golem (you don't want to waste any time since you don't have boots), it should be really easy for you now. Pop a health potion and have at it, I like to kill the small lizards first and then move onto the golem. Your smite should be up anytime soon so use it to end the blue golem.

Head on over across the river to the wraiths in the enemy's jungle. If the enemy team as a jungler then you should use your ward. It'll help your team out if you starve the enemy team's jungler by stealing their jungle kills. Pay attention to the lanes for any future potential ganks. Pop two health potions sequentially while getting the wraiths and then move to the golems. I like to get a 2nd mocking shout for the 4th skill in the sequence so I'm able to slow enemies down chasing them. It's all situational. There wasn't an enemy jungler in this game so I didn't prioritize evasion. Be aware of your surroundings, I notice teemo here speeds up in my direction and there is also one missing bottom so I cut off the attack for a bit until the coast is clear. Keep that ward handy and use it where you believe necessary. Use your last health potions on the red buff and keep smite to finish it off. Just because your tryndamere doesn't mean you're the ****. Especially if you don't have your ultimate and your going against a blinding and stunlock combo like down bottom. Again, this is situational. Generally you want to go after potential ganks, squishy champions, overextending enemies, and so forth. I go back and head to the wolves once again. For your 5th skill get your spinning slash.

As a tryndamere jungler you are going to want to help out your teammates whenever possible. If there's really no options then continue to jungle to wait for the opportune moment to strike. There's no sense in waiting in a bush for 2 minutes when you could be farming gold. Remember, it's your job to watch the lanes and react in a moments notice.

Onii tan

03-11-2011

good guide tyty

TheAsianPlayboy

03-11-2011

Normally I pick up 1 health pot and a cloth armor after blue pilling.

Have you tried that out?

Why do you feel 5 pots and a ward is better?

LoL Nimmo

03-11-2011

i use armpen reds and quints and flat armor yellows, with smite/exhaust. That sound about right?

Ebonclaw

03-11-2011

Your skill order forces you to take longer to rank up Bloodlust? Really?

And you have Q 6x in your list.

And you seem to assume that you can beat the enemy jungle to their lizard, even though you're doing the slow route.

ryzeonline

03-12-2011

Love it love it love TBM. I`ve been wanting to see a viable, slick, Tryn jungling guide for a while. It strikes me as innovative and refreshing, not to mention effective. Well done!

Your video presence and quality is particularly smooth.

Ebonclaw

03-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
Love it love it love TBM. I`ve been wanting to see a viable, slick, Tryn jungling guide for a while. It strikes me as innovative and refreshing, not to mention effective. Well done!

Your video presence and quality is particularly smooth.
He did a cursory job of presenting a flawed build and strategy which is most useful below average Elo rating. Your response and analysis is particularly flattering.

CanIHazUrElo

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAsianPlayboy View Post
Normally I pick up 1 health pot and a cloth armor after blue pilling.

Have you tried that out?

Why do you feel 5 pots and a ward is better?
5 health pots and a ward imo is a safer way to jungle. It's your own decision. I use it to help out the side lanes in case an enemy jungler decides to gank. It help you out being aware of the map (Map Awareness FTW!)

CanIHazUrElo

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
He did a cursory job of presenting a flawed build and strategy which is most useful below average Elo rating. Your response and analysis is particularly flattering.
What is flawed about this? I'm not one to be ignorant or arrogant. I would like to know your opinions.

CanIHazUrElo

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
And you have Q 6x in your list.
Don't typos suck? 15 should be W haha. Did you watch to the end where I post the actual Skill order sequence?

Thanks for letting me know man.