Ghostblade on Range Carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unparallelogram

03-24-2011

On someone like Ezreal, I will often get a Brutalizer. Is this worth upgrading to Youmuu's? Or am I better off selling it late game?

PS
I saw the other thread but it seemed to be people arguing over words rather than advice.

malphismia

03-24-2011

I get Brutalizer on Ashe and Caitlyn. Other ranged carries benefit less from the CDR, and are better off with going straight to BF Sword Imho

ldfhndfjkndh

03-24-2011

Brutalizer is AMAZING on Ezreal. Kind of like Urgot, it's more cost-efficient to just stick with a Brutalizer. I doubt you'll need to sell it until the game is like 70 minutes long and/or you're super fed. And even then, making it a Youmuu's isn't a bad idea, but Brutalizer by itself is overall a great item for Ez.

As for ranged carries in general, I always get it for Tristana. And sometimes Twisted Fate (if I'm going AD).

Overall, it's generally better on melee carries since they put out much more damage than ranged carries over a short amount of time (since they will usually die), but a ranged carry like Caitlyn or Ashe needs a sustained amount of DPS, meaning a Madred's, Phantom Dancer, or Sword of the Divine is usually better, imo.

Chzy

03-24-2011

Personally I like it on range carries who lack escape mechanisms. Ashe is the obvious example here. The offensive stats are great, and if your team lacks cc to protect you, the speed boost is invaluable.

Cenerae

03-24-2011

If you're buying a brutalizer, upgrading it to a ghostblade later is a good idea.

But you shouldn't put a priority on it. Make it one of your luxury game items, if you feel you need an extra escape/chase tool.

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

I don't get why upgrading into a gb is bad. It gives attack speed<Which dps needs, one way or another.

Unparallelogram

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistful View Post
I don't get why upgrading into a gb is bad. It gives attack speed<Which dps needs, one way or another.
Because being ranged, you get the attack speed buff for only half the duration as a melee, since your attacks do not extend the base duration. So it's not whether or not it's good, it's whether or not it's a good choice considering the other available alternatives.

Teldin

03-24-2011

Youmuu's is good on ranged carries but as has been mentioned it shouldn't be something you should rush. The three most important things in all my ranged carry builds (I play Tristana most commonly) are Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, and Infinity Edge, with a firm nod and handshake to Mordred's Bloodrazor for those uber-health builds and Wriggle's Lantern to clear minion waves in the blink of an eye. Youmuu's is just sort of an afterthought if I have nothing else important to buy.

Pulshach

03-25-2011

I got ghostblade to backdoor with kogmaw once. It gave me just enough time to get their inhibitor and get away.