A New Champion Approaches - Lee Sin, the Blind Monk

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveKittenFight

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elethier View Post
I think this is a joke. Yes, I wish it were true, but there's a good deal of evidence against this being true. Here's a list:

1) There is only 1 picture of Lee Sin using an actual skill, which means that Riot may or may not have created the animations for the others.

2) Urf is in the pictures, and as far as we know, he's not a playable champion.

3) See the towers in the screenshots? The statues are different. They're warthogs. This indicates the map in use is probably not Summoner's Rift.

4) Lee Sin's skillset has far too many elements in it that are usually niche skills for current champions. He has a percent health strike, a knockup, AND can activate lifesteal, spell vamp, and armor. Normally, a champion has only ONE of those skills, not all of them at once. It's too many skills, so Lee Sin is too versatile to be a balanced champion.

5) This is the most convincing evidence of all, in my opinion. Look at the very last screenshot posted. See the angle? Which tower is that? From the default angle when playing on Summoner's Rift, it doesn't look like any tower on the map. So that picture isn't at the default angle, which then means that these screenshots ARE NOT FROM IN-GAME. Most likely, one of Riot's designers took the models and put them into a scene, then took whatever pictures looked the best. Which then means that Lee Sin isn't playable.

Yes, I wish it was true, that we'd be getting Lee Sin and/or Urf. But from the screenshots, it's apparent that they're not from an actual playtest, which means they're not actually playable champions.
SO much work for a joke... I'll commend Riot for their dedication...
Added to the list... his League Judgement has a blatant reference to protesters of the Vietnam War... A monk setting himself on fire...? Cute, good effort, too many players are too young and might not remember such a thing.

Die Nacht

03-24-2011

Holy, he sounds fun! And he uses energy! But he is not a Ninja. I am no confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKittenFight View Post
SO much work for a joke... I'll commend Riot for their dedication...
Added to the list... his League Judgement has a blatant reference to protesters of the Vietnam War... A monk setting himself on fire...? Cute, good effort, too many players are too young and might not remember such a thing.
Err, I'm guessing that you don't read the JoJ.

He appears in the JoJ (about 4 issues ago).

Glaricion

03-24-2011

Okay, if this is an April Fools joke I fell for it, but double release!

Davidh

Recruiter

03-24-2011

the monk should be the april fools joke this year and Urf should become reality lol

DaBuddahN

03-24-2011

I'm kinda sad one of his passive's isn't "Lee Sin cannot be blinded"

TranceF0rm

Friend of Urf

03-24-2011

Omfg i swear if youre trollin!

Elethier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avataa View Post
On the blue side of summoners rift the front towers are warthogs.
I stand corrected.

Styphathal

03-24-2011

This will make the joke even more EPIC!

Good Job Riot making these pathetic twats think they will get a new champ like a handicapped monk with a stupid name

Kevinizer

03-24-2011

ok something is just WRONG here

Genji Takyia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-24-2011

Urf > WW

Lee Sin > Xin zhao + Udyr ?