Nocturne discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Muerto View Post
My personal preference is to go with a 1/18/11 build, and start at the enemy's wraiths with a Vamp Scept.
I have ArPen/Armor/AttackSpeed/HealthQuints
Jungle path is: wraiths (smite), wolves, wraiths, minigolems (smite), go b (Cloth, 2 health pots), and start at blue and work through my side of the jungle again.
I end at level 5 w/ enough health to gank and both buffs.

At the very least, it disrupts your opponent's jungle (rare to see an opponent start at their own wraiths), or gets you a little more exp (and cash) if there is no opposite jungler.
That's really funny man cause I start at wraiths. Sounds like an extra dangerous place to start considering you're right next to their mid...

With Nocturne I've found the most effective jungling path to be: smite big banshee and then Q kill rest, wolves, Blue, mini golems, and then red(and here is where the issue presents itself). If I want maximal gank time I need to recall right then. Otherwise(if lanes look good and solo top is OK) I continue my jungle by clearing the repops. That'll get me to 6 and then I typically recall to buy Wriggle's Lantern or just blood razors/boots/elixir. You have enough for blood razors off cloth armor/5 hps after killing red(current no + G/per 5 in spec/runes).

I like the idea of counter jungling but without a really beefy jungle/top flight escape mechanic it seems like a huge gamble. If you're desperate to disrupt the jungle then try to get them at red or blue.

Neokenfu

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Muerto View Post
My personal preference is to go with a 1/18/11 build, and start at the enemy's wraiths with a Vamp Scept.
I have ArPen/Armor/AttackSpeed/HealthQuints
Jungle path is: wraiths (smite), wolves, wraiths, minigolems (smite), go b (Cloth, 2 health pots), and start at blue and work through my side of the jungle again.
I end at level 5 w/ enough health to gank and both buffs.

At the very least, it disrupts your opponent's jungle (rare to see an opponent start at their own wraiths), or gets you a little more exp (and cash) if there is no opposite jungler.
That's really interesting as there is a natural lull while you wait for smite to come off CD before doing blue. Recalling might be a great idea there! I admit I usually just sit in the bush and grab a smoke during the lull.

Thanks for that!!!

Neokenfu

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitthroat View Post
The answer should be obvious especially taking in account cost efficiency. No, his passive does not count as a crit, but IE offers a lot of crit and increased damage which is great for an assassin. Most people also have wrigglers for life steal anyway and stacking bloodthirsters is hardly a good idea, especially on an assassin character who is sure to die a few times depending on game length.
Ok, tell me you haven't cured 1/4 of your life with and swing late game. He's amazing vamp dps and I've really owned people that don't see that. IE is great on him and I can't say much bad about it. I just don't think its as cool as the multikill potential in team fights of having a bloodthirster/wriggles and the starks aura rocking. That cures a great deal of his squishiness and you'll survive some pretty crazy stuff due to his DPS/CC/Lifesteal.

Kat Scratches

03-26-2011

Yes, I see other nocts (and surprisingly, also a shaco once) start at wraiths. However, most junglers (and if you are playing ranked, you shouldn't see many mirror matches, eh?) start at blue, which takes significantly longer than wiping out the wraiths should take.

beradical

03-26-2011

In my opinion, when Nocturne ult's it should only be the person who he goes to that gets the lack of vision or something... I dont know, it's definitely not right the way it is right now : /