(Open RP) The Dark Phoenix.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

04-20-2011

"Alright Ordimar! Now or never! And I intend the now! Time for my ultimate technique, Bombs Away!" Canic etched a look of rigid determination onto his face as he frantically pulled ice grenades one after the other from his puch. The fire's rage all but obscured his view, but he saw the Dark knight and Ruin preparing for battle. Canic tossed his icy projectiles in an almost maniacal state, until he only had a few of the ice variety left. Hopefully the barrage would be enough for the flames to stop.

Maragonn

04-21-2011

"Ah,.. Bugger that! They're too hot! Canic, Dorian get across." Ordimar shouted. Something here in the village was draining him of his energy. It was feeding off the power his artifact emitted. The beasts didn't even have to show themselves to put Ordimar down.. How could he fight something like that? "The two of you need to help my brother... Ruin, at any cost. I'm going to stay here.. just to watch your backs."

He wanted to drop to his knees right there. There was no pain from what the shadows were doing. Only a nauseating feeling. Dizzying, maybe. It was so hard to tell. If they saw him falter though they wouldn't cross and his brother was his main priority.

The shadows slowly manifested before him. It was do or die time.

qp90cCFB9dwjorRT

04-21-2011

He could see the shadows start to take their physical froms before him. And he knew that Ordimar could, as well. But even so, the Terror Knight was ordering the two across the icy walkway and assist his brother. These beings were terrifying. That much he knew. But he wanted to stay and fight like Ordimar. They had all been through so much together in this short amount of time. It seemed wrong to just abandon him.

When he readied his claws and struck a defensive pose beside Ordimar; the man shouted at him and shoved him away. The message was clear and he dashed across the frozen fire while he could. "Be careful!" Strange gangly creatures crawled from the darkness. They were almost skeletal, they were so thin. Their flesh was the color of ash and they had no eyes. Only large mouths with rows of jagged teeth meant for tearing. Some of them had shreds of clothing. Most of it torn and hanging from their bodies by threads. Some even had large dark wings like a raven.

They screamed and flew at Ordimar.

Delmegar

04-21-2011

Barbas raised his mace just in time to block Ruin. The two men could feel the power just seep into the air. He was far slower then Ruin but he made up for it with sheer power. Each swing of the skull mace stunned Ruin, whether it his blade or not. That slowed him drastically.

Ruin could feel the shadows in the distance begin to manifest themselves. His power was directly connected to all things dark by nature. Why this was was unknown even to him. Probably especially to him.

The two fought for several moments. Each pressed the action at the given time. Neither gained any ground on the other for long. As far as skill was concerned, the two were near equals. At one point, Ruin started to gain the upper hand and pressed Barbas almost back to the fire. The Dark Knight retaliated to the counter with a deadly bolt of mana. The blast missed narrowly but further damaged the castle behind them.

After that, the two engaged a second time. Ruin rained down strike after strike, swinging as hard as he could. He was tying to overcome Barbas' brute strength with his own. the problem was he wasn't a brute person. He again quickly pushed the action back by destroying the ground beneath Ruin's feet with a blow from his deadly mace. Ruin fell to his back and rolled away just in time to not be crushed.

The two stopped for a moment's respite. It was evident that swordplay was not going to be the deciding factor any time soon...

LordHippoman

04-22-2011

Canic whirled to deal with the strange monsters. Were they minions of Barbas? He ran alongside Ordimar and prepared a fire grenade, clumsily scooping up his pistol in his other hand.

"I don't know what they are...but they aren't human. At least, not anymore."

Kilraith

04-25-2011

Mathew had been unable to make it out of the darkness. And so it engulfed him.

His vision was obscured by darkness and skeletons. He was surrounded on all sides by the devilish things. He tried a shot with his rifle but the clean hole it left was useless, the skeleton twitched looked at him and started coming toward him. His weapon was useless and he couldn't run away with his leg. If he was doomed anyway he might as well make it usefull. Mathew started shooting and reloading. Bringing every nearby skeleton on himself. He hoped it would allow his friends time to figure out how to fight them. He however was done for.

Delmegar

04-26-2011

Marek managed to get to his feet during the fight between Ruin and Barbas. The battle had turned to a two on one fight. The former commander was severely injured but whatever he was exactly allowed him to recover faster than most.

Barbas appeared far more agitated about this happening then worried. As far as Ruin knew, the warrior did not fear anything. He was indeed powerful and he was utterly devout in his loyalty to Magnus.

So the battle continued on with Dorian closing the distance between them. It would soon be 3 against one. The shadow fiends were contained to the village perimeter and had no notion to crossing the burning ravine that separated the two parties.

With Marek at his side, the fight quickly became one sided. The Dark Knight fought them off for several minutes until he committed to a full on attack. The red haired warrior charged forward, screaming and shouting, flailing his weapon around like a power crazed mad man. In his valiant charge; he managed to smash the hand of Ruin and nearly his leg. Marek ended up with two broken ribs, maybe three before they overcame him with a series of joined attacks.

"Even if I die.. this world must change. If it doesn't then we will all die." Those were Barbas' last words as he lay on the ground with Ruin's blade in his chest.

The two men looked at one another. The last they met, Marek was watching as Ruin was dragged to the dungeons. If not for Esteban, Ruin would be trying to kill him, "I'm sorry for the part I played in all of this. It was necessary to keep my sister alive. And I fear that it's all been for naught.."

The shadow warrior looked at Marek and sighed, "I, we, made a promise to your friend, Esteban. He told us of your sister and that we need to help you. I'm going to do just that.. I need to face my father one way or another." Ruin stopped for a moment and looked into the dark village. His brother was invisible in the dark shroud. "I need for you to go and help my brother and the others. You can get over there, I can't. You have my word that Magnus will pay. And if I can, I will save your sister."

The soldier wanted so desperately to see his sister one last time. Alive or dead, he felt like he needed to be there. In this current state, he'd be near useless and he owed these people a debt of gratitute. "Go then. If you fail though, I will never forgive you. I promise you that."

LordHippoman

05-01-2011

Canic dashed forwards through the shadows, BUMPing into several of their sickening forms as they reached out to grasp him. The Lord of the Dark Phoenix awaited them.

Maragonn

05-02-2011

A familiar from appeared before Ordimar, in midst of the shadow creatures that tore through them. It was a sight to behold, considering they all thought him to be dead. His long platinum hair, pearly white wings, gold eyes and silver spear before them. He flew as a beam of light amongst the darkness, cutting them down, sending them back whence they came.

Esteban moved with new intensity, new life, towards Mathew who was in trouble of being ripped to pieces. He landed beside the injured warrior, covering him with his wings like a protective shell, "Shield your eyes! All of you, do it!" His body glowed gold and emitted a dazzling light throughout the remains of the village.

The shadows shrieked as they tried to flee the blast zone as fast as possible. The light engulfed them, burning them to nothing but ash.

Ordimar sat on his knees, struggling with what he was seeing. Esteban died and turned to ash not an hour ago. But here he stood, saving them for the second, maybe third time. He'd lost count. "Esteban, we saw you-"

The winged warrior laughed aloud. "You saw me lose my power. I'm not human, obviously, Ordimar. Marek and I are Phoenixes in the guise of humans. It takes a lot more than these wights and some Templar to kill us."