(Open RP) The Dark Phoenix.

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maragonn

03-24-2011

The Dark Phoenix was originally established in a small border village south of Noxus. The founder was a man by the name of Magnus Amaron, a father of 3 and the lord of Kadoriga. He was a kind, noble man. His cares began with his family and for his people. But his burden was to lead a revolution against the city-state of Noxus.

For many years Lord Magnus ruled this village, pretending to support Noxus. He paid their taxes, he offered them his villages trade goods and support when they asked. But in secret he and his people raided the city and its borderlands, stealing precious supplies and disrupting their military outposts and formations. It was a service to Demacia, Ionia and anyone else opposed to Noxus. An ally that was all but unknown.

Eventually, the High Command tracked down a band of Dark Phoenix soldiers and interrogated them for months. It led them to Kadoriga where Noxian elites raided the village, slaughtering anyone and everyone until the leader was handed over. During the battle, Lord Magnus and his oldest son Ordimar fought valiantly with what few men there were in the village. In hours, more than half of the village was razed, along with it, Magnus' daughter and his wife.

Finally, he was turned over by his own officers where he struck a deal to have his sons left unharmed. Nobody knows the details of the arrangement, but Noxus never returned to Kadoriga again.

Eight years later the order has risen again with the long lost Magnus Amaron leading it with new, untold powers. His self proclaimed goal is to rid the world of any who would destroy Runeterra. This was discovered when he attacked the Hero Academy in search of Delmegar Amaron, his youngest son. Though several students aided Delmegar, including Ordimar, he still managed to kidnap his son and return him to Kadoriga for safekeeping.

This begins two days later. You are against the Dark Phoenix, though this is optional. Delmegar and myself, will be in charge of our characters as well as Magnus and specific key people of the order. This is available for anyone to join including people who participated in the Hero Academy Reborn and left. You do not have to be the character you were originally.

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/438

qp90cCFB9dwjorRT

03-24-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/495

Since Dorian encountered the Acolytes below the hill he has run into several more. He learned from one of them that they were only meant to keep watch over this area and make sure the Terror Knight was coming. Him and the cursed girl.

It was now late and Dorian was exhausted from constant fighting. At the last pass he went through, in some thick forest. He ran into the same man he saw at the hill, a Commander of the Dark Phoenix. So he thought. When Dorian tried to attack him, the man subdued him in two quick moves and then vanished. Dorian was mostly unharmed but it was curious.

He decided it wouldn't be very smart for him to go when he was exhausted and hungry so after catching a wild turkey and cooking it over an open fire he turned in. The fire would keep any wild creatures away, probably. But just in case, he slept with one eye open, in case the Dark Phoenix were patrolling.

Maragonn

03-24-2011

Somewhere along the way Ordimar could not help but notice Dimah moved alongside him rather peculiarly. She was in puma form but it seemed she was lost in though. Hardly watching where she was going. To him, it looked like she was a person going through the motions. Searching for answers, a place to belong. Something he could easily relate to. The last few months and the year before he found his brother have been very difficult.

Some strange man called Professor Canic had joined them a short while ago. His behavior seemed off and a little skiddish to him. He claimed to be from the Academy though. And he did know Delmegar's name. With him, he brought several strange looking items to aid the group in their travels. Ordimar kindly refused and told the man to get away from him.

"It's nothing personal, Canic." Ordimar said without actually looking at him. "Magical items react strangely when near my artifact and the results can be bad at times. So if you are here to help, then I welcome you. But just be careful, you are not my responsibility. As I told these two here: I do not expect I'll live. Or them."

The day had grown late and the moon was rising. Setting up camp might be prudent. As he thought that, they entered into a some thick trees and smelled something burning. He readied his sword and slowed his pace, moving cautiously through the forest.

lokithedamned

03-24-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/508

Loki, following behind Ordimar wondered what the burning sent was, some how it smelt..... familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it. Hoping to get a better look of what was going on Loki climbed up into a tree and went on ahead through the cloak of the leaves.

Delmegar

03-24-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/412

The dungeon door holding Delmegar blew off its hinges, followed by a wave of shadowy flames. The door shattered against a concrete wall and the guards outside were incinerated. They didn't even have enough time to scream before they were nothing but bone and armor.

Delmegar(Ruin, because he is the dark counterpart of himself again.) stepped out of his meager holdings and flashed a grin. "All that you stand for, father, will come crashing down around you. You will learn soon enough that you do not cage the beast you fear."

He quickly found his way out of the confines of the dungeons by following the shouts of Acolytes and Templars. Whenever he encountered one they quickly turn and fled. His power as Ruin, opposed to Delmegar was vastly superior because he wasn't afraid to hold back.

When he reached the first floor courtyard, a lone soldier awaited him. It was the Commander called Marek. He stood silent holding a pair of long swords, surrounded by dozens of lit braziers. With a flick of Marek's wrist, the door behind Ruin slammed shut, followed by dozens of Templars and mages appearing above on the castle ramparts. Several doors opened, including the one behind Marek where lines of soldiers poured in to surround him.

"It would appear that Lord Amaron was correct, as usual." Marek said, disinterested.

Ruin paced back and forth, dragging his sword through the dirt. He wore only the dark fatigues he usually wore and his steel clad boots. His eyes burned a bloody crimson, much like the runes that appeared on his chest. His whole appearance seemed different. "How do you mean, Marek?"

He replied with a laugh. "I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. Lord Amaron wishes to see you. Will you come quietly?"

i am a bore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Dimah Agletdinova

Dimah was still lost in thought, ignoring everything that happened around her still. Her thoughts kept centering on one thing, Laine, the young girl that had been with the large man the day her family had changed. The image of the girl would not leave her head no matter how hard she tried to think of other paths that it might be. Laine had to be the key. She had seen Laine again a few times over the years, only in passing, and only what she assumed Laine would look like, but it had to be her. She thought back to the last time she had seen her...

Dimah walked through the streets of a small town outside the walls of Demacia. She had been called into a minor Demacian lord's house to build a device that would allow his blind child to see, a device that she was rather proud of in fact. She had her goggles up to pierce the fading light of the countryside when she saw a woman, wearing clothes much too rich to be worn outside a festive dinner, standing in the shadows of a building a ways ahead of her.

Dimah shrugged and continued on, soon coming alongside the lady and then past her. She could feel the ladies eyes on her back, seeming to look through her. Dimah turned around and saw the face of the woman by the building, a memory rising unbidden to her mind of a childhood acquaintance that had never been more than trouble the one time they had met.

"L-laine?" Dimah asked as she stepped closer into the darkness, "I-is it really you?" A smile broke across her face as the hugged the lady tightly, "I wanted to thank you for what you had given me. It was a gift more valuable than life itself." She said, tears spilling down from under her goggles, "Please allow me to come with you and meet the man from those many years before. I wish only to give my thanks." Laine didnt't move a muscle, still seeming to see nothing at all.

"And soon you shall, Dimah. Soon you shall be able too. Soon." Was all Laine said before she disappeared and Dimah fell into a pile of cloth and leather on the ground, sobs still racking her body.

"Soon... I will finally be able to thank them.... Finally be able to put this to rest and learn more than I can." Dimah sobbed uncontrollably in the dirt, a couple looked oddly at her as they passed, but lent no helping hand to her.

Dimah shook her whole body out, a spring seeming to come back into her step. Her tail whipped madly about and she looked around the path they were on, still not seeing any people that were with her. She flashed her teeth in a semblance of a smile and continued on. As happy as she had even been, finally a chance to learn more about her so called curse. A low purr escaped her as a shiver ran down her body.

LordHippoman

03-24-2011

"Hold, Hold I say!" A tall man with a bizzare gadget on his face approached Ordimar's group, waving his arms. "One of the professors told me the situation. And to think, I was called here to make repairs! Now I'm caught up in a rescue mission!". The excitable man chortled. "Oh, I apologize. I've forgotten my manners. My name is Professor Mike Canic, just Canic if you please." He ruffled with his bag, then pulled out 4 small devices. I have here some BioEnhancers to help you on your journey to save Delmegar! I'll come along with you to help. Now, each of you may choose one. Don't be greedy!"

He held out:
A Sight Enhancing Contact Lens
A Strength Enhancing Glove
A Mana Flux Helmet (Makes you less vulnerable to magic attacks)
A Speed Enhancing Leg Brace.

The professor's glasses kept switching lenses as he examined his new allies. "Now, I'll need these back at the end of the mission, but until we save Delmegar, they're yours to utilize."

LordHippoman

03-24-2011

"Alright then Ordimar, if you wish to carry on without one of my devices, you may do so. I hear your power is already remarkable."

Canic recalled the swift briefing one of the panicked teachers had told him. "It...it's awful! The Academy's been attacked by some strange cult...and...and..they've taken a student! Oh, poor Delmegar..."

Canic had never heard of the Dark Phoenix clan before, yet they sounded intriguing. And blind curiosity was one of The Professors' weaknesses. "My offer still stands for anyone who wants an Enhancement! Doesn't hurt at all mates!" He noticed Loki and Ordimar proceeding towards the smell of smoke. Could it be an encampment? Didn't seem friendly though. The Dark Phoenix? He'd best be prepared. The Professor took an ice grenade from his pouch and followed them, silencing his whirring glasses."

(New thread, so here's my profile http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/518)

Maragonn

03-25-2011

The campfire came within view. the moment it did, Ordimar remembered the day his home, Kadoriga was attacked 8 years ago. The Noxus sent their elite soldiers to destroy the village and anyone who was aiding the Dark Phoenix insurgents. They came swiftly, bearing steel and magic in the dead of night. The majority of Lord Magnus' troops, including Delmegar were out on missions and so the defenses were lax.

The enemy made it through almost a quarter of the village before anyone really realized what was happening. It was impossible to recover from the precise strike in which they landed on them that night. Noxus killed mercilessly. Women, children, men. It didn't matter. If they could be used to draw out the leader of the Dark Phoenix then it was only a small price to pay.

Lord Magnus and Ordimar rallied what few men they had at the town center and made a daring defense. The elites of Noxus came at them from every angle for over and hour but could not break the resolve of the village defenders. They sent wave after wave of soldiers fleeing or to an early death. Finally, sensing that this was becoming a lost cause, the enemy began to ignore the soldiers and burning the village.

The defenders broke and ran to save their families and were quickly routed. Ordimar's mother and sister were killed in a burning building, trapped inside by a carriage. With nearly the whole village in ruins and only his sons left alive, Magnus' resolve was shattered. He turned himself over to the Commander and struck some bargain with the man that spared the rest of the village. Noxus never returned to Kadoriga again.

The two brothers made every attempt to find their father. To learn if he was alive or not, but quickly lost hope. It seemed impossible that an enemy of Noxus would be allowed to live long. When they gave up hope on their father being alive, they gave up on his legacy. The Dark Phoenix never rose from the ashes again.

With Canic, Loki and Dimah following closely. Ordimar moved toward the campfire. Beside the orange glow was the outline of only one figure, a small one at that. The boy was laying there, sound asleep with his face towards Ordimar.

He laughed, "Hey kid, wake up!" Ordimar walked over a nudged the boy with his boot. "Come on. We're from the Academy. Everyone relax, it's just one of the students from the Academy."

Delmegar

03-25-2011

Ruin's eyes flashed ominously. Still after Marek addressed him; he paced back and forth dragging his sword through the dirt. If the soldiers bothered him, he showed no signs of it. He was outnumbered a hundred to one by superior trained soldiers. The Templars were masters of the weapon they used in battle. So much so, that they could imbue them with natural elements in battle and use them against their adversaries. The Acolyte's commanded light magic and minor healing spells, with decent fighting techniques. The mage's were capable of just about anything, depending on their knowledge of the magical arts. And the Commanders.. Well, they were in a whole other caste altogether.

"Marek, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into." Ruin warned him with an icy glance. "I'll offer you the chance to run only once. After that, I will raze this pathetic rabble." He pointed his sword at the unworried Commander, "Along with you."

Magnus watched the courtyard from high above in his tower. He expected much from his son Delmegar. He and his own soldiers. Everything was going according to how he planned and the first step has already past. Now it was for him to sort through his own and see who was worthy of their place in the order.

"As you wish, Master Delmegar." Marek waved his hand. After that he turned, walking through a line of his prized Templars and disappearing into a doorway.

"Fire!!" The archers from above loosed a volley on him. The Mage's cast spells of fiery spheres.

Ruin laughed and plunged his sword into the ground causing massive black spikes to shoot up all around him. The spikes tore through the lines of acolytes and templars. They shouted and cursed, trying to get out of the way of the razor sharp blades. Many of them were cut to pieces. "Move, move! Get out of the-"

Ruin slashed the ground. From the tip of his sword came a glowing purple and black wave that struck the core of a templar formation and erupted into shadow flames. They cried out, begging for mercy and died soon after.

"Hahah.. Is this the extent of of the Dark Phoenix? You were stronger when I was a boy!" He growled at them, laughing as he said it. He reappeared on top of the ramparts beside frantic archers and mages.

One of them turned to throw a ball of fire at him. Ruin closed the distance between them with two short strides, lopping off the mans arm and driving his sword through the mans throat. Soldier after soldier fell before his ruthless attack. All the while they managed only glancing blows against him.

Magnus shouted down to his mages below, "Now, take him! Bind him!"

Ruin looked to the tower, confused. He thought Magnus was away on some form of business. He so desperately wanted to scale that tower, get to his father and get the answers he so desired. While distracted a beam of light pierced through his wrist, followed by another. Several mages were binding him with light magic. He howled in agony, dropping to his knees. "Bas-tards... You won't.. Take me!"

The mages held the beams of light tightly in their hands like chains. Slowly they were pulled towards him closer and closer until he managed to lift his sword and sever the chains and cut the captors in half with a ring of black energy. The Templars were fumbling through the shadow spikes trying to reach the stairs. He was at an advantage high above them.

"FATHERRRRR!!!" Flames swirled around his closed fist and his blade. "Come face me!" He threw a black ball of fire into the crowd and watched as they burned. "Or I swear I will kill all of your precious pets!"

"Delmegar." Someone said from behind him. Ruin turned with his sword out, ready to cut down whomever it was and then suddenly froze. It was Marek and his father. How did they get there!? "Enough of your insolence!" Magnus forced Ruin through the air into the courtyard with a blast of black light. The same light began to take form and shackle his hands and legs to the earth. "Marek, prepare the ritual."

"As you command, Lord Amaron."

1234511 ... 12