Weekly Rotation removed from ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarmanuel

04-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prush View Post
I would like to note.....I've played a majority of champs for the first time and done quite well, having at least a 3:1 KDR. It's not the fact that they are new to the champion that causes the problem. It's the fact that they are not careful and don't pay attention and make poor choices....exactly as they would using one they have played often.

Just sayin...
Eh, I somewhat agree with you. Most of the champions have different play styles, and some take a while to master, but if you're a good player, you should still do well; you just won't do as well as you would if you mastered that champ.

To be honest though, if a person plays a champ for the first time in ranked, they would probably do bad either way, even if they picked someone they were familiar with.

SurgeryCarnival

04-10-2011

I think not allowing people to play until they have 14 champs AND level 30 wouldnt be such a bad idea. If youve bought that many or unlocked that many then chances are you take the game seriously enough to not feed or afk in ranked

Raziel99

04-11-2011

Honestly, I think he meant that you shouldn't be able to use free champions unless you actually bought them when going into a ranked match.

Just saying.

dinhosaur

04-11-2011

I think this is a wonderful idea, it will further weed out the absolute newbs... obviously people can still buy cheap champs and be awful at them and play, but at least they will have had to have put the time in to buy 14 champs first.

I also wish they would do something about the match making and stuff in general. Then again, solo queue 5v5 is a joke for competition and I don't know why LoL's competitive community hasn't developed into more of a CS 1.6 like atmosphere.

Shawnvau178

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

It should be that all champs you don't own you can't play as in ranked

Essinem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-12-2011

Such a proposed system isn't perfect as is.
People could just inflate their numbers by buying all the 450ip champs, you could argue that everyone should have them already anyway; but I personally don't see the point in unlocking Ashe when she is free every other week.

CirJohn

04-12-2011

I'm wondering what ELO the original poster plays at? If he's any good he should start moving up to a high ranking. Once he gets there newbs aren't an issue.

I believe removing free champs is a major mistake at the highest ELOs and tournaments. When you play against well known teams regularly, you begin to learn which champions each player owns. With 2 bans and 5 picks it wouldn't be difficult to neuter one or two members of the opposing team by taking their best champs.

In any case, it is a moot point. Riot will never remove the free champion rotation for many reasons. The most important of which is that it makes them money. Players are much more likely to buy a champ (or be happy with a chosen purchase) if they've had a chance to try him out. If players aren't willing to buy new champs then Riot will sell less RP, costing them money.

Anbesol

04-12-2011

I might be misunderstanding this, but i think he means just take the free champs out, unless you own them already they should be available to the purchaser.

Toxygen

04-12-2011

Or, a stunning epiphany here, don't play solo ranked if it bothers you?

Deuce23

04-12-2011

strongly agree. i hate when people play competitive games and don't care. if you don't care then go play regular games. they pick a free week champ they have never used and completely suck with it. why on earth would you play in a competitive game with someone you have never played before?