Ghostblade Popularity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-24-2011

i have just tested this in game. ashe carrying ghostblade only receives it's benefits for 4 seconds

Narnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

I think you need to stop smoking weed while playing if you think you saw someone have the GB active up for 12 seconds

Academi

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnak View Post
I think you need to stop smoking weed while playing if you think you saw someone have the GB active up for 12 seconds
Unless your weed is laced with PCP or some other hallucinogen it's highly unlikely that the weed was at fault for the disillusion that a ranged carry had GB active for 12 seconds, that's just one of the many symptoms of idiotitis (true story). For the most part weed can increase performance, stamina, and mental edge.

Narnak

03-24-2011

No, weed does not increase your performance. Weed is a depressant and can very easily give the illusion that more time has passed than you remember due to short term memory loss (also called blacking out). It does not increase stamina or focus...just the opposite in fact. I'm aware that I am derailing the thread a bit with this response, but Firebat's comment was so incredibly stupid that I am now fearful for the survival of mankind.

Morsigil

03-24-2011

Quote:
No, weed does not increase your performance. Weed is a depressant and can very easily give the illusion that more time has passed than you remember due to short term memory loss (also called blacking out). It does not increase stamina or focus...just the opposite in fact. I'm aware that I am derailing the thread a bit with this response, but Firebat's comment was so incredibly stupid that I am now fearful for the survival of mankind.
I'm sorry, did you just say that weed can cause black outs? And then turn around and call someone incredibly stupid? You probably think you can overdose, too. You say that it does not increase stamina and focus, but what studies are you citing? None. You have as much authority to make your statements as the last guy: that is, zero, just like the number of your sources.

Just because you dislike drugs and feel strongly about the subject does NOT make you an expert. Your willful ignorance and willingness to exaggerate and lie to support your belief (and it is only a belief), and the common practice of these methods by other human beings, is what makes me fearful for the survival of mankind.

On topic, youmuu's ghost blade is an excellent item for any melee carry. The item itself is cheap and decent and the active is just a bonus. I actually see it used quite often, and after I finally looked at the stats (about a month ago) I realized why. Now you know why you keep hearing that "Ding! Huuuaaaaaaa" noise.

I do consider it a mid game item, an early boost to DPS and movement speed for those who need it (melee DPSers). There are better items in the end game.

Shapley

03-24-2011

It's the active part that makes it great and not so great at the same time.

Booterang

03-24-2011

Ghostblade is awesome on melee carries such as Xin zhao, Tryndamere, and Olaf. It is a great item for bursting down a target.

Gunflame

03-25-2011

It also works on "semi-melee" and ranged carries, it is just preffered on Melee because they need the Movement speed.

Urgot, Renek, and everything physical that is Cooldown dependant looove ghost blade (also a good reason to get brutalizer on ashe, more arm pen, more 1337 arrows)

Paqi

03-25-2011

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIntentions View Post
Straight form the tooltip: "+30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Chance UNIQUE Passive: +20 Armor Penetration 15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Active: You gain +20% movespeed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemy units with melee attacks increases the duration by 2 to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown."
4 second base. The duration is increased by two seconds with each attack, for a maximum of 8.

4 base + 8 maximum duration bonus = 12 seconds.

Someone needs to smoke more weed.

Jebbou

03-25-2011

Increases the duration to a maximum of 8? First time I read this, I though it increased the duration of the active to 8 seconds instead of four. This tooltip can easily be misunderstood, even without having smoked anything.