Ghostblade Popularity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RenegadeTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Why don't I see more physical carry champs adding this to their core build? It seems to have everything you'd ever want at an extremely low price when all things are considered:

ArP
AD
CrC
CDR
On use 50% AS and 20% MS for 12 seconds if you keep auto-attacking; 60 second CD. That's 12 seconds of every minute or 20% of the time.

This thing is tailor made for teamfight carries especially those who use ranged attacks. I can't, for the life of me, understand why this item isn't more popular.

Quenthal

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeburn View Post
Why don't I see more physical carry champs adding this to their core build? It seems to have everything you'd ever want at an extremely low price when all things are considered:

ArP
AD
CrC
CDR
On use 50% AS and 20% MS for 12 seconds if you keep auto-attacking; 30 second CD. That's 24 seconds of every minute or 40% of the time.

This thing is tailor made for teamfight carries especially those who use ranged attacks. I can't, for the life of me, understand why this item isn't more popular.
I havent noticed if others use this alot but its always what i finish after IE on Tristi.

AznDoug91

03-24-2011

Quote:

ArP
AD
CrC
CDR
On use 50% AS and 20% MS for 12 seconds if you keep auto-attacking; 30 second CD. That's 24 seconds of every minute or 40% of the time.

First of all, it's not 12 seconds for the active. Second of all, it's on a 60 second cooldown.

It's 4 seconds for the active, with the active being extended another 4 seconds if you are a physical MELEE carry attacking the target. Ranged carries only get the active for 4 seconds.

RenegadeTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDoug91 View Post
First of all, it's not 12 seconds for the active. Second of all, it's on a 60 second cooldown.

It's 4 seconds for the active, with the active being extended another 4 seconds if you are a physical MELEE carry attacking the target. Ranged carries only get the active for 4 seconds.

I don't believe this is true and I'm sure the tooltip is just misleading. I've built this on Ashe a few times for turret pounding and I've gotten 12 seconds out of it from auto-attacks.

DarkIntentions

03-24-2011

Straight form the tooltip: "+30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Chance UNIQUE Passive: +20 Armor Penetration 15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Active: You gain +20% movespeed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemy units with melee attacks increases the duration by 2 to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown."

It only increases for melee champs. Also, I believe it does cap at 12 not 8. But for sure it only increases for melee attacks.

Incendax

03-24-2011

Quote:
I'm sure the tooltip is just misleading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIntentions View Post
Straight form the tooltip:
Am I the only one that found this funny?

Burbinator

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incendax View Post
Am I the only one that found this funny?
i find idiocy on the internet to be the norm

a little piece of me would've died at this, except i'm pretty much all dead inside

RenegadeTurtle

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
i find idiocy on the internet to be the norm

a little piece of me would've died at this, except i'm pretty much all dead inside

mis·lead·ing   
[mis-lee-ding]
–adjective
deceptive; tending to mislead.

Words are hard, right? I suppose it makes no difference that I've seen ranged champs get a full 12 seconds of 50% increased AS off this item.

Numbat

03-24-2011

Quote:
mis·lead·ing   
[mis-lee-ding]
–adjective
deceptive; tending to mislead.

Words are hard, right? I suppose it makes no difference that I've seen ranged champs get a full 12 seconds of 50% increased AS off this item.
Of course it doesn't make a difference because no one here sees any reason to trust you. Kayle used to be counted as melee for the purposes of Ghostblade even with E up but they changed that. Whenever I have gotten GB on a ranged champ it has never given me 12 seconds no matter what it was I was attacking. Am I supposed to throw my own experience, the authoritative tooltip, and what I know of changes to ghostblade out the window simply because you said otherwise with no evidence and no way to reconstruct the bug?

Sorry bud, but the burden of proof is on you.

As for GB's viability, GB/brut does actually provide more ranged DPS than IE on some ranged DPS but IE scales better as you get additional damage/crit/attack speed items. GB/brut is more of an early game build so I probably wouldn't get it on any ranged DPS but Caitlyn since she's such an early game champ to begin with and could actually benefit a lot from the penetration/CDR.

Legendary Flare

03-24-2011

turned more into an argument than a discussion about ghostblade.........