Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3150 points to spend...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodstream

02-14-2010

As the title says, I've 3150 points to spend and I am without any clue of what hero buying.
Read well: hero. Don't suggest me to buy runes or glyphs or quintessences, I already have them. Ah, and the tips should be about 3.150 points heroes (which are legendary? epic? Meh, I don't remember)

Last but not least, heroes I already have:

Quote:
-Alistair
-Ashe
-Cho Gath
-Corki
-Dr Mundo
-Evelynn
-Heimerdinger
-Jax
-Karthus
-Nidalee
-Poppy
-Rammus
-Tryndamere
-Twitch
-Warwick
As you may have understood, I need some tips on which hero with with a cost of 3.150 to buy.Make a brief summary why I should buy him/her.
Thanks alot for future answers, I look forward to your replies

boni

02-14-2010

Karthus, Corki and Twitch cost 6k.

As for the others - depends what you want to play? I suggest you simply try them when they're free, and if you like playing them more, buy them after the free week ends.

TaigaStance

Recruiter

02-14-2010

Quote:
boni:
Karthus, Corki and Twitch cost 6k.

As for the others - depends what you want to play? I suggest you simply try them when they're free, and if you like playing them more, buy them after the free week ends.

That list is what he already has. o_O

Gangplank's pretty good for 3150 IP.

Bloodstream

02-14-2010

Thanks alot for the reply mate, but Gangplank is really monotone. Any other suggestion?

Stinky2000

02-14-2010

Personally I would love to buy gangplank. As for another suggestion, pantheon is really fun to play, as is singed.

Jaehee

02-14-2010

Pantheon or Shaco

MelodicAssassin

02-14-2010

Quote:
boni:

This is exactly how I determine who I'm getting next. I play them during the free week and if I like them, I grab 'em once they are not free. I did this last week with Shaco and I loved him! So i bought him :P

DrPlague

Recruiter

02-14-2010

I can't remember how much Malphite costs, but if he's in that range, definately get him. If not, I apologise and suggest waiting till you can. Malphite is such a powerful hero.

KaaaBLAMO

02-14-2010

I posted this exact same thread a week or so ago! I got a lot of good responses and ended up going with Pantheon. It was a tough call between him and Malphite, and Malphite is definitely next, but I haven't regretted my decision. He's a blast to play and is pretty effective as a harasser/in-and-out dps'er.

As somebody else said, Gangplank is great at that tier too, though you seem to not be too interested in him.

Looking at the list of heroes for that price, Udyr is still quite powerful despite the recent nerfs, though I personally haven't played him so I can't comment on how much fun he is.

KennethJT

02-14-2010

I dunno, Gangplank's special is really unreliable for kills despite his AoE range and I don't see the novelty of stealth characters as long as you have an oracle's potion or vision wards (except for Twitch, he's just insane DPS) so I recommend Master Yi or Annie. Master Yi's Alpha Strike enables him to travel in a moderately good distance to fleeing opponents and his meditate skill has great resourcefullness when soloing or holding off opponents.
As for Annie, she's just really good DPS and is moderately good in the beginning with her Distenegrate spell which takes no mp if it's a finishing blow, which also should net you some extra gold if you do it right and frequently.
I'd also recommend Veigar, but then that makes a very tiny chance I'll play on your team and the even smaller chance you pick him to play as when I want to.
And those odds are too risky for me Chieftain.